Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: November 8th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.08.2017 , 10:49 PM | #251 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Thanks for the answer. Peoples were concerned about a possible rollback due to the Legacy Overflow working strangely, will there be anything like this ?
(I think you should also explain how this overflow works, i've seen multiples person search for it without finding it )
Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lordwalker
11.08.2017 , 10:50 PM | #252
you fools keep on raging thats not going to get your way the servers will be up when they are done testing them so fo those of you who have girlfriends ( or are worse married ) spend some time with them go watch a movie eat a meal do some jumping jacks maybe when your done the servers will be back up...

Elkeyri
11.08.2017 , 10:50 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

-eric
Thank you for all your work, I hope you guys can get some sleep soon

elspethfire
11.08.2017 , 10:51 PM | #254
Hello just checking in to see if there is an ETA on all servers coming back on ? and thank you for all the updates keep it up ^_^

Kyrielan
11.08.2017 , 10:51 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocketmanballs View Post
That's true but I quit my job and everything for this game. ITS MY LIFE
If this game is your life, then you're going to be in a world of hurt when reality sinks in. Believe me, I know from first hand experience. It used to be my life too, but now I've included reality in my days too and life is much better now. Not as fun, but better.

JayPeaTee
11.08.2017 , 10:51 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by DakhathKilrathi View Post
When are you going to do something about RP servers? You guys just kind of left us out in the cold.
Re-read Eric's post you quoted; your answer comes 11 words in(including PVP, PVE), second sentence. The sentence begins with "Reminder", feel and free and read the entire thing but the direct answer to your concern begins there and ends with "server."

xordevoreaux
11.08.2017 , 10:53 PM | #257
@Devs, thank you for all the work you've put in today, you're probably getting a serious case of the coffee jangles. I feel for you and I understand the pressure you're in for this. Just know that there are plenty of people in the forums who have already expressed their appreciation for your diligence and making sure everything is okay. Even if it means it's Friday morning before the servers are up to stay up, better than that all of a variety of things that go wrong.

Thank you and here's hoping for the best.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Transmorphosis
11.08.2017 , 10:53 PM | #258

-eric
You guys aren't hearing enough of this, so here I go: thank you for taking the time to make this roll out as smoothly as possible. For as mad as people are getting, it is truly you guys that are keeping the game even afloat, and with as many updates as it gets! You're the reason we even HAVE the game to play, so we appreciate that.

...but yes, still don't burn yourselves out. If you guys need to go take care of family, or get some sleep, or whatever, take the time to do that stuff, okay? People may be whining and grumpy, but there's no point doing good work if you're going to exhaust yourselves in the process.

Oh, and since we're talking about cookies, I work at a doughut shop. Sending you metaphorical pastries and positive vibes.

BethDD
11.08.2017 , 10:53 PM | #259
Yup! We are going to bring EU fully offline to deploy a possible fix, there won't be a patch to download. We will then go through some verification steps and work to get it back online (along with getting NA rolling).

-eric
Thank you Eric for keeping us updated, I take that the US will be awhile longer? I just tried and still was not able to log in. I may have misunderstood what you said but I noticed that the information thing went down.

Sushumna
11.08.2017 , 10:54 PM | #260
I'll wait. Hope you guys get it sorted and figure it all out. Waiting patiently....