Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: November 8th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Korik
11.08.2017 , 10:33 PM | #191
What 22:30 and no servers up...?
Well color me shocked.... or rather don't as I am not shocked in the least.

Zurxx
11.08.2017 , 10:33 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Trance-Gemini View Post
"Ten thousand credits, all in advance to get those servers back up!"
Fifty thousand. No less.

PennyAnn
11.08.2017 , 10:33 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Cambraa View Post
Why don't they just give us an over estimated downtime instead of saying 12 hours and pissing everyone off.
They would be pissed off about how long the servers were going to be down, or something else. There is no pleasing some people. And there are quite a few of those types of people in this community, unfortunately.
Pain is inevitable, suffering is not.
My Referral Link

Trance-Gemini
11.08.2017 , 10:33 PM | #194
Why don't they just give us an over estimated downtime instead of saying 12 hours and pissing everyone off.
They did, "All #SWTOR servers are currently unavailable as we deploy United Forces. ETA of at least 12 hours."

Ofcolombia
11.08.2017 , 10:34 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrielan View Post
Is it chocolate chip?
NO, it's oatmeal... and what is this, raisins? I hate RAISINS, we have to find out who is behind all of this!

JayPeaTee
11.08.2017 , 10:34 PM | #196

You are in the minority, sir.

Pauven
11.08.2017 , 10:34 PM | #197
Great job so far, I was on for a bit and everything seemed good, lots of people on, everyone stoked about the merge.

Unfortunately, I tried to switch characters for a second and got booted - it's too late for me, but maybe a server-wide announcement would be a good idea, warning those already logged in that if they try to switch/relog they'll be unable to log back in?

Tasher
11.08.2017 , 10:34 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarredOldOne View Post
Since I won't get to play before my bedtime, I must find other ways to have fun. So, from the wandering mind of the grumpy old guy with the stylish tinfoil hat living in the concrete cellar under the Faraday cage house, comes this morsel of brain bending philosophy to chew on.

What if... most of the trolls bashing devs for the game being down, are in fact devs, watching to see how many loyal fans come to their rescue?

Y'all ponder on that while I get some shut eye. Game will be there tomorrow, or... it won't.
LOL EYE 2nd this! Eric, Keith et. al. and the whole team keep up the effort! Many Many of us devoted, loyal, and addicted Star Wars Fanatics greatly appreciate ALL YOU ALL DO!!

EricMusco
11.08.2017 , 10:34 PM | #199 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Well, the shutdown notice just went on for Darth Malgus.
Any info about this ?
Yup! We are going to bring EU fully offline to deploy a possible fix, there won't be a patch to download. We will then go through some verification steps and work to get it back online (along with getting NA rolling).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Mzuta
11.08.2017 , 10:34 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is correct. Investigating the issue and solutions (if needed). No ETA at this time though.
Thanks Eric and thank the team for me. We appreciate you all sacrificing and working OT to make it happen