Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: November 8th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ofcolombia
11.08.2017 , 10:19 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
look bioware all this maintenance crap should of been done and over with this mo9rning in the allotted 1zm to 1pm time frame that was givien this is total bs that we still can't even log into the game or our servers that we play on due to you there at ea and bioware taking your own damn sweet time! get with the program and get the damn game up and running for christs sake! yes i'm upset I have every right to be!
Um, try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvb2Oy0ph8

PennyAnn
11.08.2017 , 10:19 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by tthorson View Post
I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....
Read it again. It stated a MINIMUM of 12 hours. I'm sure they feel like it would have been nice to be able to go to bed now, as they have been working on this solidly for 19 straight hours. You can't always get what you want. But they told you the deal in no uncertain terms. MINIMUM of 12 hours.
Failure is not defeat until you stop trying.
Desire to play SWTOR finally defeated. It was a mostly good run.
Subscriber 2011 - 2018
(Still lurking/occasionally posting until the timer runs out)

AbsolutGrndZero
11.08.2017 , 10:19 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Glocko View Post
Don't worry there is a 50/50 shot that half your characters are deleted so this won't be a problem. Be the cup is half full kind of guy.
Why would characters be deleted?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Evangalion
11.08.2017 , 10:20 PM | #154
no its a result of them not completing said maintence in the allotted and given time frame. its that simpe game should of been up and running and back online at 1pm p0acific standard time this afternoon no ifs ands or buts. that is the time ea and bioware gave us that's the time it should of been completed and finished what is going on now Is simply stalling and ea and bioware going gee George we don't know how to *********** fix things and we are just sitting around with our thumbs up our *** because we don't know what the hell to do!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
So, by your estimation, the time it is taking to complete this major server update is a result of them being lazy?

Varune
11.08.2017 , 10:20 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Brucezar View Post
pve is pvp now just switch instances
I don't understand. Switch?

icednerves
11.08.2017 , 10:20 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by tthorson View Post
I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....
If you look at their Twitter feed, the initial post when bringing down the servers today states an estimated time of at least 12 hours. Yes, it has been extended and they delayed opening all the servers up to make sure everything was running smooth.

Lordwalker
11.08.2017 , 10:20 PM | #157
Well far be it for me to try and rush you guys but it does seem alittle unfair you've allowed some people to login and play while the rest of us have to sit and wait while you are attempting to check on an error you say your having with the game, meanwhile not giving us any information as to when the servers will be back up, that maybe good enough answer for those that play for free , but i am a subscriber i pay to play this game and every hour that you keep me logged out is a hour of my paid time wasted and i know bioware doesn't give a rats *** about that but i think those of us who pay for our accounts should be compensated for our loss of gametime.

EricMusco
11.08.2017 , 10:21 PM | #158 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by BadTouchLove View Post
Joining late(and too lazy to read everything), I see all severs are offline and no ETA as of yet, correct?
This is correct. Investigating the issue and solutions (if needed). No ETA at this time though.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

foxxycandy
11.08.2017 , 10:21 PM | #159
Please provide an ETA. If you are just checking something to make sure then you should be done by now. :/

Monumenta
11.08.2017 , 10:22 PM | #160
Take the time to get it right!