Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: November 8th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DirtyBurgers
11.08.2017 , 10:12 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Elkeyri View Post
Just sitting here and reading all the comments like
Almost as enjoyable as the game
GuildMaster of "Hits From The Bong"

"there is no passion, there is serenity"

tthorson
11.08.2017 , 10:13 PM | #132
I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....

dimonictrolha
11.08.2017 , 10:13 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
What you are saying is pretty true. From what we can see, pretty much everything looks to be going well. We saw some possible issues with a handful of characters and so we are exercising a heavy dose of caution and checking into it before we open the flood gates.

Unrelated, I am seeing some questions about server types (PvE, PvP). Reminder that we no longer have server types, you can join the instance of your chosen gameplay type on any server. If you see those types noted somewhere that is in error and I will pass on that info to have it removed.

-eric
can we have a eta to when you would guess some servers will be able to be loged in to again? please

jputt
11.08.2017 , 10:14 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
uh excuse me wrongo! I do have a right to be upset they said nothing about server merges in the maintenance announcement if they had done so maintenance servers and game update should have been performs and finished in the allocated and specified maintenance time frame. so don't go saying I don't have a right to e upset thiss is on b ioware and eas *** so get it right without giving us song and donce and extending maintenance to an ungodly time frame!
after a month long of facebook, twitter and log on screen messages about server merge today, if you didnt know it was a server merge thats your fault.

AbsolutGrndZero
11.08.2017 , 10:14 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Varune View Post
Why are all the servers PVP. I only play PVE. Are they trying to fore me to play PVP?? I do not want to PVP so what do I do now? All 5 servers are PVP
No they aren't, they no longer have PVE/PVP servers. You select what you want to play, and you are put in instances with players who are the same playstyle as you, but it's the same server.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

BadTouchLove
11.08.2017 , 10:14 PM | #136
Joining late(and too lazy to read everything), I see all severs are offline and no ETA as of yet, correct?

TheRadBacon
11.08.2017 , 10:14 PM | #137
this has to be the longest update lol almost 24 hours

Duvaris
11.08.2017 , 10:15 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by BadTouchLove View Post
Joining late(and too lazy to read everything), I see all severs are offline and no ETA as of yet, correct?
Correct

Kthx
11.08.2017 , 10:15 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
look bioware all this maintenance crap should of been done and over with this mo9rning in the allotted 1zm to 1pm time frame that was givien this is total bs that we still can't even log into the game or our servers that we play on due to you there at ea and bioware taking your own damn sweet time!!
So, by your estimation, the time it is taking to complete this major server update is a result of them being lazy?

Ackerprincess
11.08.2017 , 10:16 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by tthorson View Post
I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....
If you feel disappointed or whatever by all means go ahead. Don't let anyone on here make you feel bad for being disappointed. I don't particularly care either way. I just hope my creds are there and none of my characters get stuck anywhere.
Want free SWTOR stuff? Look no further!
link for a bunch of free goodies and extended subscriber time!