Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: November 8th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Varune
11.08.2017 , 09:56 PM | #101
Why are all the servers PVP. I only play PVE. Are they trying to fore me to play PVP?? I do not want to PVP so what do I do now? All 5 servers are PVP

deecee
11.08.2017 , 09:56 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
look bioware all this maintenance crap should of been done and over with this mo9rning in the allotted 1zm to 1pm time frame that was givien this is total bs that we still can't even log into the game or our servers that we play on due to you there at ea and bioware taking your own damn sweet time! get with the program and get the damn game up and running for christs sake! yes i'm upset I have every right to be!
Actually you don't because server merges are a big deal, pretty sure the FFXIV revamp took 24hrs or more. Stop being entitled and start being patient.

I want to play also and check things out but no amount of crying is going to make it happen any faster.

DirtyBurgers
11.08.2017 , 09:57 PM | #103
I'm just glad they are being transparent. Of course it sucks to not be able to play but I'd rather get to log in with things done right.

GuildMaster of "Hits From The Bong"

"there is no passion, there is serenity"

juliushorst
11.08.2017 , 09:57 PM | #104
What's wrong? There's like 170 people on Malgus fleet and I was able to secure my companion by playing three warzones in the last hour. Everything seems to be dandy, plenty of people, no lags, main still has her name...

Ackerprincess
11.08.2017 , 09:58 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorBeckett View Post
Y'all realize it *IS* just a game, right? A game we pay for, yes. But unless you're an IT pro, the uneducated doesn't realize how much work it actually does take to put an endeavour like this in place.

Chill. They're doing their best to get everything right. They are working with new equipment, back end software and databases that all need to be placed in a specific order and without corruption, mind you.

I give major props to the IT team back at Bioware.
I can only imagine the rage over the names when the NA servers come back online.
Want free SWTOR stuff? Look no further!
link for a bunch of free goodies and extended subscriber time!

JamesDTea
11.08.2017 , 10:01 PM | #106
It is nice to know that the NA severs don't matter and the EU does. To be honest the first severs up should have been the NA ones. It is nice to know i am being charged a day of game play for this what was to be 12 hour that turned into 19 hours. I do hope i get to log into one of my two severs tonight.
Master Kesslinger
Feel Free To Use My Link for 7 Days Sub Time and Other Items
http://www.swtor.com/r/kRWG6S

Evangalion
11.08.2017 , 10:01 PM | #107
uh excuse me wrongo! I do have a right to be upset they said nothing about server merges in the maintenance announcement if they had done so maintenance servers and game update should have been performs and finished in the allocated and specified maintenance time frame. so don't go saying I don't have a right to e upset thiss is on b ioware and eas *** so get it right without giving us song and donce and extending maintenance to an ungodly time frame!

Quote: Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Actually you don't because server merges are a big deal, pretty sure the FFXIV revamp took 24hrs or more. Stop being entitled and start being patient.

I want to play also and check things out but no amount of crying is going to make it happen any faster.

DirtyBurgers
11.08.2017 , 10:01 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackerprincess View Post
I can only imagine the rage over the names when the NA servers come back online.

Most of us that have been around for a while have experienced name losses before, as much as it sucks it's really not that big of a deal.
GuildMaster of "Hits From The Bong"

"there is no passion, there is serenity"

Leadplayer
11.08.2017 , 10:01 PM | #109
They all showed PVE servers for me. Which falls into what they said that all servers will be PVE for now

Quote: Originally Posted by Varune View Post
Why are all the servers PVP. I only play PVE. Are they trying to fore me to play PVP?? I do not want to PVP so what do I do now? All 5 servers are PVP

Djake
11.08.2017 , 10:03 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Varune View Post
I don't see any designation at all. Are you trying to troll these good people of SWTORland?
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert