Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Prudent Player Precautions Before Nov 8 Server Merges

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Prudent Player Precautions Before Nov 8 Server Merges
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deewe
11.06.2017 , 07:14 PM | #31
Simply put either BioWare do this well or they'll get rid of me once for all.

Not going to use my precious time on earth to mitigate the issues they might end us with.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Quraswren
11.07.2017 , 10:27 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Simply put either BioWare do this well or they'll get rid of me once for all.

Not going to use my precious time on earth to mitigate the issues they might end us with.
Agreed.

I'm not wasting my time but I get why some would.
They either do the job right the first time or the deserve the negativity that comes along with failing to do the job right the first time.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Foambreaker
11.07.2017 , 10:29 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by FtWorthJim View Post
Advising people to empty their legacy banks may result in them being unable to put ALL of the items back in. We are getting a Legacy Item Overflow which will hold the items above the limits. No a wise thing to do.
Someone who is not in overkill mode and is thinking.

Foambreaker
11.07.2017 , 10:31 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SolHalcon View Post
I would say just two things: legacy locker emptied, and all your goodies out of email. Especially email. That seems to go away with any type server transfer.
Read the details, don't empty your legacy.

PorsaLindahl
11.07.2017 , 11:41 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Read the details, don't empty your legacy.
Telling people not to empty their legacy storage just because they're going to get overflow is stupid advice. If you have the time, and space, then clear one by all means.

If you don't and end up with 800 items in a 400 item bank, then you're still going to need to get that count down below the 400 mark before you can add anything else to it. And if you do take an item out, you have to find another place to put it until you get rid of the overflow.

The only reason they're giving us the overflow is for those that don't have the time to empty, and relocate, those items beforehand.

KeithKanneg
11.07.2017 , 02:27 PM | #36 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

Just jumping in to say, the processes we are following are not related to Character Transfers, so you really don't have to take the same precautions. It's totally up to you, but honestly, we need to do this right and make it as seamless as possible for everyone.

Don't forget, we'll enter into maintenance around 3:00am Central Time and fully anticipate needing all 12 hours of scheduled downtime. Also, we are not going to rush bringing the new Servers online, so if we need additional time, we'll let you know.

You can expect periodic updates throughout the day.

Talk to you all soon,

Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SolarSaenz
11.07.2017 , 02:30 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

Just jumping in to say, the processes we are following are not related to Character Transfers, so you really don't have to take the same precautions. It's totally up to you, but honestly, we need to do this right and make it as seamless as possible for everyone.

Don't forget, we'll enter into maintenance around 3:00am Central Time and fully anticipate needing all 12 hours of scheduled downtime. Also, we are not going to rush bringing the new Servers online, so if we need additional time, we'll let you know.

Talk to you all soon,

Keith
Like the other post says, good luck to the SWTOR team. And, Keith, you really should bring some donuts for everyone who will be there to start the merge. Can't work on an empty stomach, you know

JennyFlynn
11.07.2017 , 02:31 PM | #38
Hey all,

Talk to you all soon,

Keith
I assume these updates will be posted on Twitter/Facebook then as I was lead to believe the forums will be down too? Or will we be able to sit here and huff and puff as is tradition while Eric loses his mind trying to keep us entertained throughout downtime?
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Rankyn
11.07.2017 , 02:52 PM | #39

Just hoping everything is back up and stable in time for my stream at 7p.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Dbohrius
11.07.2017 , 02:54 PM | #40
Here's to new and fun adventures in the consolidated servers. Good luck to you, and to us all.
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!