• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Here are all of the scheduled maintenance for the month of November:

• Wednesday, November 8th - Extended maintenance for 5.5.1 United Forces
  • Tuesday, November 28th - Game Update 5.6

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

I'll discuss with the Dev and Ops teams and see if we can deploy on Tuesday the October 31st. We'll get back to you.

---Keith

Just as a reminder: October 31st is a holiday in germany:

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/germany/reformation-day

Since it's the 500th anniversary it's national wide this year, so lot's of people here will have a long weekend and plan to play swtor :rak_03:

Just to say, november 1st is not holiday in all parts of Germany :D So for me it would be only interesting to play at october 31st...

But for all... november 2nd would be better :)

You are right about that but as he said most parts of europe :D. I'd prefere November 2nd too :)

Edited by XAliance
misread the quote

Since it's the 500th anniversary it's national wide this year, so lot's of people here will have a long weekend and plan to play swtor :rak_03:

Not only in Germany, also in other several countries in- and outside of Europe ...

Therefore november 2nd would be better than october 31st or november 1st :cool:

Edited by Han_Salo

Not to mention that October 31 is Halloween in the States too. I'd say that, if you can, move it to Nov 2.

• Dev Post
I'll discuss with the Dev and Ops teams and see if we can deploy on Tuesday the October 31st. We'll get back to you.

---Keith

We are going to be doing the maintenance on the 31st to coincide with our standard Tuesday scheduling. However, we are sensitive to the various holidays around the globe in that timeframe. We will do our best to get through maintenance quickly so everyone can get back to gaming. Maintenance messaging is going up now with details.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

We are going to be doing the maintenance on the 31st to coincide with our standard Tuesday scheduling. However, we are sensitive to the various holidays around the globe in that timeframe. We will do our best to get through maintenance quickly so everyone can get back to gaming. Maintenance messaging is going up now with details.

-eric

Would it be possible to move the timeline? Even if us American players have to quit early - it's a weekday for us - we could maybe give our European friends a head start?

Would it be possible to move the timeline? Even if us American players have to quit early - it's a weekday for us - we could maybe give our European friends a head start?

If it means they have to be in a hurry and rush, I'd rather they take their time irrespective of our schedules and get it right.

If it means they have to be in a hurry and rush, I'd rather they take their time irrespective of our schedules and get it right.

Starting early isn’t making them rush :rolleyes:

It’s starting earlier and still using the same allotted amount of time to do the work... ;)

I support the idea of them starting early and applaud the selflessness of Brayla for suggesting it.

Would it be possible to push it back to the 25th of December? I have Christmas then and it would be more convenient for me if you did all this merger stuff then as here in the UK we have naff all holidays at this time of the year.

Maybe Christmas Eve.

Usual disclaimer applies.;)

Or how about that in secular states religious holidays do not interfere with, well, anything? Personally, I do not care when the maintenance is going to take place, but there are people all over the world and everyone has some holiday and sooner or later maintenance will happen on holiday and then what? You reschedule the maintenance, you don't?

• 2 weeks later...