Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

merovejec
10.23.2017 , 01:59 AM | #771
Quote: Originally Posted by lukyluke_jedi View Post
I have a question about the following and would like a little more clarification please:
"It is our intent that this process will have very little impact on you or your account. Since Character names must be unique on a server, it is possible that when we create the new United Forces servers, you may need to rename your character. As part of the process of uniting the galaxy, we will communicate a specific set of rules to govern the prospective scenario where two names collide:

Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.
Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time
."

Does "highly played" include the total existence time of the character or the amount of time someone has been a subscriber into the equation?
I have been a sub since launch and my main characters have been around since then also. But I have many alts and the total /played time might not be as much as someone that only plays 1 or 2 characters as free to play/preferred but that decides to sub just before the merge.
I would hate to lose my character names that have been around since launch.
If there is a toon with the same name and he is also a subscriber then the /played time is compared on that toon only. So yes, if you played the toon less than him, you lose the name. Its probably the most reasonable way to handle the name issue.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

Tharandil
10.23.2017 , 06:52 AM | #772
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Neaj View Post
Got a question that most likely has been brought up but so many posts it's way time consuming so I'm just gonna ask it anyway... Two Parts....

Strongholds, got the jest of it, but, decorations.

1) Will placements be wiped out and have to redecorate??? For Legacies and Guilds???

2) Reading this thread makes me wonder, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=935285 Will items be merged with the new cap totals or are we going to loose items, especially with the more expensive ones that folks have spent hard earned dollars to decorate and collect, to be just taken away by the means of what one server has as a higher amount bound to the Highest level legacy and total for that Legacy???

We have Cap levels for items and some a long time waiting to see them rise and finally did and they should be merged just as well one would think. No different than Legacy and Cargo Bays, etc...

As an older player, income is a matter of balance so that I can enjoy the game and have some for crate purchases, etc., and sure as heck don't want to see what I budgeted for just get tossed in the wind...........

Thanks....
As far as I see it they're not getting rid of decorations if you go over your max cap after the merger

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

lukyluke_jedi
10.24.2017 , 06:33 PM | #773
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
If there is a toon with the same name and he is also a subscriber then the /played time is compared on that toon only. So yes, if you played the toon less than him, you lose the name. Its probably the most reasonable way to handle the name issue.
I do not think that is fair. It should be calculated on the length of subscription. I think that a company should support their long term paying and supportive customers first, not the ones that have spent a little more time in a day using a specific product.

EricMusco
10.27.2017 , 12:55 PM | #774 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

One of the questions that has come up regarding United Forces is character slots and what will be happening for everyone. After the update, it is possible that a player could have more characters than they have slots currently. For subscribers they will still be able to play all of their characters (even if they go over their slots) but they canít make any new characters. We wanted to do our best to alleviate some of the issues for not only subscribers, but F2P and preferred status players as well. Here is what you can expect to see changed on November 8 alongside United Forces:
  • F2P players will have a default of 4 characters per server (up from 2)
  • Preferred players will have a default of 12 characters per server(up from 6)
  • Subscribers will have a default of 24 characters per server (up from 12)
  • The maximum character slots per server has been increased to 100 (up from 52)

These new slot numbers are separate from any character slots which you have purchased. For subs, we are basically adding 12 character slots per server to your account (by making the new default 24 instead of 12). Ex:
  • Today, you are a subscriber who has never bought any character slots, you have 12 character slots per server. After the update on 11/8 you will have 24 slots per server.
  • Today, you are a subscriber who has purchased 30 additional character slots, meaning you have 42 per server (12 default + 30 purchased). After the update you will have 54 (24 new default + 30 purchased slots)

This should give a bit of breathing room for players, especially if they played on more than one server which will be brought into a new server on 11/8.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BenKatarn
10.27.2017 , 01:06 PM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

One of the questions that has come up regarding United Forces is character slots and what will be happening for everyone. After the update, it is possible that a player could have more characters than they have slots currently. For subscribers they will still be able to play all of their characters (even if they go over their slots) but they canít make any new characters. We wanted to do our best to alleviate some of the issues for not only subscribers, but F2P and preferred status players as well. Here is what you can expect to see changed on November 8 alongside United Forces:
  • F2P players will have a default of 4 characters per server (up from 2)
  • Preferred players will have a default of 12 characters per server(up from 6)
  • Subscribers will have a default of 24 characters per server (up from 12)
  • The maximum character slots per server has been increased to 100 (up from 52)

These new slot numbers are separate from any character slots which you have purchased. For subs, we are basically adding 12 character slots per server to your account (by making the new default 24 instead of 12). Ex:
  • Today, you are a subscriber who has never bought any character slots, you have 12 character slots per server. After the update on 11/8 you will have 24 slots per server.
  • Today, you are a subscriber who has purchased 30 additional character slots, meaning you have 42 per server (12 default + 30 purchased). After the update you will have 54 (24 new default + 30 purchased slots)

This should give a bit of breathing room for players, especially if they played on more than one server which will be brought into a new server on 11/8.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Question:

I'm a subscriber who currently has 52 character slots. After United Forces goes live and the 3 German servers get unified, I will have 156/52 characters. Would anything break if I bought additional character slots after the server maximum was increased to 100? Would I even be able to redeem the tokens while on a server with character overflow?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

EricMusco
10.27.2017 , 01:14 PM | #776 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Question:

I'm a subscriber who currently has 52 character slots. After United Forces goes live and the 3 German servers get unified, I will have 156/52 characters. Would anything break if I bought additional character slots after the server maximum was increased to 100? Would I even be able to redeem the tokens while on a server with character overflow?
Ok, good question! Let me try to break it down.

So today, you have 52/52 characters across three servers. When you are on your new server you will have 156 characters and 64 slots (since you will get 12 more from us). You will be able to access all 156, but you cannot create a new character. You can still choose to purchase up to 36 more slots to put you at the new maximum of 100. However, even at this point you cannot create a new character until your total characters is below your total character slots (so 99/100 if you purchase all the slots).

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

BenKatarn
10.27.2017 , 01:17 PM | #777

So today, you have 52/52 characters across three servers. When you are on your new server you will have 156 characters and 64 slots (since you will get 12 more from us). You will be able to access all 156, but you cannot create a new character. You can still choose to purchase up to 36 more slots to put you at the new maximum of 100. However, even at this point you cannot create a new character until your total characters is below your total character slots (so 99/100 if you purchase all the slots).

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Good to know, but what about creating new characters on other servers? Will that still be possible even though the game is registering I have too many characters on a different one? Likewise, will the total global amount of characters you can have (which I think is current 390) be affected in any way?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

EricMusco
10.27.2017 , 01:30 PM | #778 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Good to know, but what about creating new characters on other servers? Will that still be possible even though the game is registering I have too many characters on a different one? Likewise, will the total global amount of characters you can have (which I think is current 390) be affected in any way?
One servers cap does not affect another, so you would be fine there. Let me look into the global cap though.

-eric

Krazhez
10.27.2017 , 01:40 PM | #779

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Are character server slots going to be changed at all? They are basically worth 17 slots now, one purchase gives you a slot on each server. Are new slots purchases going to be at least worth 3 characters per server? Or are prices going to significantly come down for slots, and stay that way?

Will the open slots I have on BC and Bastion be added to my total character limit after the merge?

Elssha
10.27.2017 , 03:01 PM | #780
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazhez View Post
Are character server slots going to be changed at all? They are basically worth 17 slots now, one purchase gives you a slot on each server. Are new slots purchases going to be at least worth 3 characters per server? Or are prices going to significantly come down for slots, and stay that way?

Will the open slots I have on BC and Bastion be added to my total character limit after the merge?
He said in the original post that the amount you bought is added (if you bought 3 to get 15 per server, you'll end up with 27 per server); they are not multiplied by the number of servers.