SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here I got the same name on all my toons across different servers so I loose most of them is that it? Well all I have to say is I am a paying sap and this just might kill the game for me I like it the way it is why fix something if it aint broke.

Any plans of buffing the VG/PT tank? I think this is the only class/spec in the game what is hardly played at the moment as it lacks any benefits/special abilities compared to other tank classes.

Yep, and super squishy in PvP. Sad that they gave all the defenses to Merc, a DPS and Heals class, rather then give the defenses to Powertech, the actual tank.

So what am I gonna do about character names, considering I have four chars on different servers with the same exact name

Not to mention possibly losing char names when people take others.

Address please.

If these 4 servers have the same target server then you will have to change the name on 3 of them. On the upside, if that's the case nobody will be able to take the name from you since you own it on all 4 servers.

Hey folks,

Use this thread to discuss Keith's Roadmap, which you can find here. Let us know your thoughts, questions, and more.

Thanks!

-eric

You have asked for thoughts, questions and more, even now have a trailer directing people to the roadmap but what is being done with these thoughts, questions and more?

A lot of people have taken time to respond to the roadmap in relation to this request, it might be argued that after no new content for months the forums are seeing more action that the game; yet it seems that it is on the whole utterly ignored.

The empty servers are a testament how well the last 8 months have gone, but your totally in your right to ignore the players but don't then promise better communication (I'm sure we are due a post apologizing for the lack of communication and how all heads are down etc soon) and ask for feedback if the intent is to ignore it. Just be honest and say something like post or don't post we don't care, we are far too busy testing Athem and seeing if we can get positions with the new Star Wars game.

Where do we find the requirements for earning the Darth Hexid companion? The roadmap was rather vague regarding the requirements.

In the blog that they linked in the roadmap about United Forces. For your convenience:

When United Forces goes live, we will be offering new rewards for reconnecting with friends and guildmates in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• Simply log in to play to get the new Mini Mogul NM-1 Mini-Pet, inspired by one of our classic Operation bosses, Karagga the Unyielding.
  • Earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!
  • Plus, unlock the new ‘United Forces Group Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvE Group Finder activities and get the new ‘United Forces Warzone Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvP matches through Group Finder!
  • Finally, once United Forces goes live, get double rewards: Double XP, Double Command XP, and much more through November 14!

NOTE: All achievements are unlocked in-game as earned. The Mini Mogul Mini-Pet and Darth Hexid Companion are delivered via in-game mail on November 28, 2017.

So what am I gonna do about character names, considering I have four chars on different servers with the same exact name

Not to mention possibly losing char names when people take others.

Address please.

Um... you'll just be changing some names. You wouldn't want 4 with the exact same name, anyhow. Problem solved!

Where do we find the requirements for earning the Darth Hexid companion? The roadmap was rather vague regarding the requirements.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

Earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!

Edited by kodrac

With the RP servers now being merged into PVE servers, does this mean we will now get a RP instance added, like we have PVP and PVE instances of a server?

I laughed out loud about this.

Go back to the roadmap, and pull out everything it says about the roleplayers in this game.

Did you get it all?

Not. A. Word.

Roleplayers are not even a thing as far as the developers are concerned. I mean, even GSF is getting some love for Force sake. All six players who actively participate in GSF are thrilled!

I do feel bad for the people on the former roleplay servers who actively roleplayed. I imagine they will be quickly trolled into silence.

I have to admit that I will be curious to see what happens with this as well. Bioware's stance on roleplay in general seems to be, "We do not talk about roleplay!" :(

I am kind of disappointed that there was no follow-up from the team at BioWare Austin addressing the absolute failure of Iokath to jumpstart world PVP.

To a very real extent, a lot of what the company does is directed at getting non PvPers into the PvP experience. Putting M1-4X behind the PvP wall is one example that created a furor. The UC system whereby PvPers could rationally choose their equipment while PvEers had to rely on RNG is another.

It makes sense, when you think about it. Solo content requires an enormous investment: writing story, recording dialog, creating new areas, ideally there is a new encounter or two. PvP changes are comparatively simple, and could be as basic as changing a few numbers in a database. If they can keep people interested in the PvP part of the game by buffing class A or nerfing class C, it's a business win for them.

I don't expect them to come out and say, "It's been really tough to get people into PvP. Nothing we've done really seems to have made it appealing to the non PvPers," because they have to continue to promote this part of the game.

2. There needs to be North American RP server. Merge all North American RP, RP-PVP servers into Ebon Hawk. The near Harbinger size population on Ebon Hawk will not mix with Shadowlands and perhaps Jedi Covenant.

I have been wondering if this was going to happen ever since they took away the "RP" descriptor on the servers a while back.

I have a question about the following and would like a little more clarification please:

"It is our intent that this process will have very little impact on you or your account. Since Character names must be unique on a server, it is possible that when we create the new United Forces servers, you may need to rename your character. As part of the process of uniting the galaxy, we will communicate a specific set of rules to govern the prospective scenario where two names collide:

Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.

Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time."

Does "highly played" include the total existence time of the character or the amount of time someone has been a subscriber into the equation?

I have been a sub since launch and my main characters have been around since then also. But I have many alts and the total /played time might not be as much as someone that only plays 1 or 2 characters as free to play/preferred but that decides to sub just before the merge.

I would hate to lose my character names that have been around since launch.

Got a question that most likely has been brought up but so many posts it's way time consuming so I'm just gonna ask it anyway... Two Parts....

Strongholds, got the jest of it, but, decorations.

1) Will placements be wiped out and have to redecorate??? For Legacies and Guilds??? :confused:

2) Reading this thread makes me wonder, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=935285 :confused: Will items be merged with the new cap totals or are we going to loose items, especially with the more expensive ones that folks have spent hard earned dollars to decorate and collect, to be just taken away by the means of what one server has as a higher amount bound to the Highest level legacy and total for that Legacy??? :eek:

We have Cap levels for items and some a long time waiting to see them rise and finally did and they should be merged just as well one would think. No different than Legacy and Cargo Bays, etc...

As an older player, income is a matter of balance so that I can enjoy the game and have some for crate purchases, etc., and sure as heck don't want to see what I budgeted for just get tossed in the wind........... :mad:

Thanks....

I have a question about the following and would like a little more clarification please:

"It is our intent that this process will have very little impact on you or your account. Since Character names must be unique on a server, it is possible that when we create the new United Forces servers, you may need to rename your character. As part of the process of uniting the galaxy, we will communicate a specific set of rules to govern the prospective scenario where two names collide:

Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.

Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time."

Does "highly played" include the total existence time of the character or the amount of time someone has been a subscriber into the equation?

I have been a sub since launch and my main characters have been around since then also. But I have many alts and the total /played time might not be as much as someone that only plays 1 or 2 characters as free to play/preferred but that decides to sub just before the merge.

I would hate to lose my character names that have been around since launch.

If there is a toon with the same name and he is also a subscriber then the /played time is compared on that toon only. So yes, if you played the toon less than him, you lose the name. Its probably the most reasonable way to handle the name issue.

Got a question that most likely has been brought up but so many posts it's way time consuming so I'm just gonna ask it anyway... Two Parts....

Strongholds, got the jest of it, but, decorations.

1) Will placements be wiped out and have to redecorate??? For Legacies and Guilds??? :confused:

2) Reading this thread makes me wonder, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=935285 :confused: Will items be merged with the new cap totals or are we going to loose items, especially with the more expensive ones that folks have spent hard earned dollars to decorate and collect, to be just taken away by the means of what one server has as a higher amount bound to the Highest level legacy and total for that Legacy??? :eek:

We have Cap levels for items and some a long time waiting to see them rise and finally did and they should be merged just as well one would think. No different than Legacy and Cargo Bays, etc...

As an older player, income is a matter of balance so that I can enjoy the game and have some for crate purchases, etc., and sure as heck don't want to see what I budgeted for just get tossed in the wind........... :mad:

Thanks....

As far as I see it they're not getting rid of decorations if you go over your max cap after the merger

If there is a toon with the same name and he is also a subscriber then the /played time is compared on that toon only. So yes, if you played the toon less than him, you lose the name. Its probably the most reasonable way to handle the name issue.

I do not think that is fair. It should be calculated on the length of subscription. I think that a company should support their long term paying and supportive customers first, not the ones that have spent a little more time in a day using a specific product.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

One of the questions that has come up regarding United Forces is character slots and what will be happening for everyone. After the update, it is possible that a player could have more characters than they have slots currently. For subscribers they will still be able to play all of their characters (even if they go over their slots) but they can’t make any new characters. We wanted to do our best to alleviate some of the issues for not only subscribers, but F2P and preferred status players as well. Here is what you can expect to see changed on November 8 alongside United Forces:

• F2P players will have a default of 4 characters per server (up from 2)
  • Preferred players will have a default of 12 characters per server(up from 6)
  • Subscribers will have a default of 24 characters per server (up from 12)
  • The maximum character slots per server has been increased to 100 (up from 52)

These new slot numbers are separate from any character slots which you have purchased. For subs, we are basically adding 12 character slots per server to your account (by making the new default 24 instead of 12). Ex:

• Today, you are a subscriber who has never bought any character slots, you have 12 character slots per server. After the update on 11/8 you will have 24 slots per server.
  • Today, you are a subscriber who has purchased 30 additional character slots, meaning you have 42 per server (12 default + 30 purchased). After the update you will have 54 (24 new default + 30 purchased slots)

This should give a bit of breathing room for players, especially if they played on more than one server which will be brought into a new server on 11/8.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

One of the questions that has come up regarding United Forces is character slots and what will be happening for everyone. After the update, it is possible that a player could have more characters than they have slots currently. For subscribers they will still be able to play all of their characters (even if they go over their slots) but they can’t make any new characters. We wanted to do our best to alleviate some of the issues for not only subscribers, but F2P and preferred status players as well. Here is what you can expect to see changed on November 8 alongside United Forces:

• F2P players will have a default of 4 characters per server (up from 2)
  • Preferred players will have a default of 12 characters per server(up from 6)
  • Subscribers will have a default of 24 characters per server (up from 12)
  • The maximum character slots per server has been increased to 100 (up from 52)

These new slot numbers are separate from any character slots which you have purchased. For subs, we are basically adding 12 character slots per server to your account (by making the new default 24 instead of 12). Ex:

• Today, you are a subscriber who has never bought any character slots, you have 12 character slots per server. After the update on 11/8 you will have 24 slots per server.
  • Today, you are a subscriber who has purchased 30 additional character slots, meaning you have 42 per server (12 default + 30 purchased). After the update you will have 54 (24 new default + 30 purchased slots)

This should give a bit of breathing room for players, especially if they played on more than one server which will be brought into a new server on 11/8.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Question:

I'm a subscriber who currently has 52 character slots. After United Forces goes live and the 3 German servers get unified, I will have 156/52 characters. Would anything break if I bought additional character slots after the server maximum was increased to 100? Would I even be able to redeem the tokens while on a server with character overflow?

• Dev Post
Question:

I'm a subscriber who currently has 52 character slots. After United Forces goes live and the 3 German servers get unified, I will have 156/52 characters. Would anything break if I bought additional character slots after the server maximum was increased to 100? Would I even be able to redeem the tokens while on a server with character overflow?

Ok, good question! Let me try to break it down.

So today, you have 52/52 characters across three servers. When you are on your new server you will have 156 characters and 64 slots (since you will get 12 more from us). You will be able to access all 156, but you cannot create a new character. You can still choose to purchase up to 36 more slots to put you at the new maximum of 100. However, even at this point you cannot create a new character until your total characters is below your total character slots (so 99/100 if you purchase all the slots).

Hope that makes sense!

-eric