Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rocketmanballs
10.24.2017 , 11:36 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthYun View Post
I'm never sure if the people complaining every time are trolls or just really sad disgusting people. Either way go home and rethink your life. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sad the downtime is extended. Good you extended it and keep it up. Nobody wants nasty surprises waiting for them cause maintenance was rushed.
Noone is giving you extra prizes for that brown shirt.

KeithKanneg
10.24.2017 , 11:36 AM | #112 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

Today’s maintenance was part of the United Forces effort!

We have completed the upgrade of the Game Servers along with all their supporting infrastructure in the Data Centers. We made a large investment of new hardware and software and one of our primary goals was to substantially reduce our footprint while improving our overall server capacity. During our evaluation of the new servers, we determined we could also combine our North American datacenters. That also occurred today and we have officially moved out of our West Coast location. Our testing showed no impact on the gameplay experience, but we expect some of you playing on formerly West Coast servers may see higher ping times. We’ll use the next two weeks to smooth out any kinks and resolve any performance issues encountered.

You’ll see the same Servers today that you saw yesterday. They’re just running on new hardware and, some, in different locations. As announced previously the move to the five (5) new Servers will be on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. At that time all Game Servers and the SWTOR website will be down for up to 12 hours. We’ll let you know the actual start time a few days before.

Report any specific issues you encounter to Customer Service as we’ve established an escalation process for critical issues. Please be a bit patient with us over the coming weeks as we unite players from a variety of servers and try to make this a smooth and painless process for everyone.

Cheers!

-Keith--
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sarova
10.24.2017 , 11:37 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Drunken_Ewok View Post
I'm having deja vu ... didn't we have 'last minute issues' not so long ago?

Now Europe has lost another day and nothing has been mentioned about possible compensation from the last time.
They unleashed Theron's new hair and everyone was distracted ToS gives them their out - they don't have to offer anything for short maintenance related outages & they know no-one in Europe is going to spend/waste money on a lawyer to sort it out, even if it breaches any UK/EU law (and frankly most lawyers would probably tell any who tries to piss off and get a life).

Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Yeah SWTOR is not online for an evening. Don't know what to do with my life now.

Close enough or shall we discuss how many cents of your sub payment these hours come down to?
I already said £0.29 British PENCE! Eurozone can keep their cents! Brexit and so forth \o/

Be prepared for MAINTENANCEMAGGEDON coming 8th November. I predict the servers will be unavailable for 5 days - that will be worthy of compensation.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

masterceil
10.24.2017 , 11:40 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Biomild View Post
Weird hours? Now they always have maintenance during their night... That are normal work hours for Americans? Learned something new here today...
I think you're confused... Maintenance began at 5am BW:A time. Pretty early, but I wouldn't call it night time.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Eshvara
10.24.2017 , 11:42 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hi all,

We have completed the upgrade of the Game Servers along with all their supporting infrastructure in the Data Centers. We made a large investment of new hardware and software and one of our primary goals was to substantially reduce our footprint while improving our overall server capacity. During our evaluation of the new servers, we determined we could also combine our North American datacenters. That also occurred today and we have officially moved out of our West Coast location. Our testing showed no impact on the gameplay experience, but we expect some of you playing on formerly West Coast servers may see higher ping times. We’ll use the next two weeks to smooth out any kinks and resolve any performance issues encountered.

You’ll see the same Servers today that you saw yesterday. They’re just running on new hardware and, some, in different locations. As announced previously the move to the five (5) new Servers will be on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. At that time all Game Servers and the SWTOR website will be down for up to 12 hours. We’ll let you know the actual start time a few days before.

Report any specific issues you encounter to Customer Service as we’ve established an escalation process for critical issues. Please be a bit patient with us over the coming weeks as we unite players from a variety of servers and try to make this a smooth and painless process for everyone.

Cheers!

-Keith--
Thanks Keith and the team for trying to make this go as smoothly as possible.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Jerba
10.24.2017 , 11:43 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hi all,

Cheers!

-Keith--
Thank you very much for the detailed post!
My raid group's been gotten bad server lag the past few months, specifically in the Iokath operation, where the game would freeze 1-2 seconds for everyone; I'm hoping these lags will no longer happen with the new hardware.

Lxndra
10.24.2017 , 11:46 AM | #117
Wait a sec... west coast player - my server lag has *tripled*.

This is an "improvement?"

Sunyavadin
10.24.2017 , 11:46 AM | #118
Are the log windows *meant* to be blank?

DieAlteHexe
10.24.2017 , 11:47 AM | #119
No logging in for me. LOL!

Enter pwd and get the BlueSpinner....

Hopefully it's just everyone trying to log in at the same time.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

SebastiaanZ
10.24.2017 , 11:47 AM | #120
So why haven’t you considered moving the move a week early so that the EU players can enjoy their day off? No word on that?

I distinctly remember that you would seriously consider it but sofar no word on it.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!