Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling need on boss loot for companions

Klogmonster
12.30.2011 , 10:50 AM | #1
No, you may not roll need on that boss loot for your companion.

Why?

Because we all have (or will have) companions that can use that loot.

Because we know that's code for 'I'm selling this as soon as I get away from these people.'

Because we already rolled greed on the item before you decided to ask and we have a companion that can use it too.

Because no one but you cares that you never use that one companion you got early on so he has crappy gear.

If they added another button for a companion roll, that would be alright. Except everyone would click that one, because everyone has 5 companions, so most likely they will want it too. And people will just say its for their companion when really they will sell it at the next medical droid. So, we wouldn't need another greed roll.

It's bad enough that we will assume when you need on something for offset, that you actually are building an offset and not just selling it like we all know you do. But we will not add an extra companion element to our false hopes of not being taken for granted.

So, in case you missed it: No, you may not roll need on that boss loot for your companion.

HolyDestitute
12.30.2011 , 11:17 AM | #2
Boo hoo....

I am rolling need on Medium Armor for Vette if there are no Imp Agents in my group....

I will roll need on any item for my companion if everyone in my group either doesn't need the item on their main or already has it.

Some AC's need to gear their companions.....Let me guess, you rolled a DPS and don't understand the concept of TANK/DPS DPS/heal synergy roles with your companion.

Is this a rant because you forgot to consider your companion's gear?

Bainez
12.30.2011 , 11:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HolyDestitute View Post
Boo hoo....

I am rolling need on Medium Armor for Vette if there are no Imp Agents in my group....

I will roll need on any item for my companion if everyone in my group either doesn't need the item on their main or already has it.

Some AC's need to gear their companions.....Let me guess, you rolled a DPS and don't understand the concept of TANK/DPS DPS/heal synergy roles with your companion.

Thank god I will never be in your group. I would either kick you or leave it as soon as i saw you roll need on any item that you can't even wear.

PlagaNerezza
12.30.2011 , 11:22 AM | #4
Boo hoo....

Gear your companions without flashpoint or when not grouped. If you loot need for a companion in the group without asking your a loser.

I don't mind people asking.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

HogtownDaddy
12.30.2011 , 11:22 AM | #5
Boo hoo....

No, I'd say it's a rant because people like you aren't fun to play with.

HolyDestitute
12.30.2011 , 11:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Gear your companions without flashpoint or when not grouped. If you gear loot need for a companion your a loser.

Nice spelling.

Seriously though, gearing your companion is an integral part of some AC's class mechanics.

PlagaNerezza
12.30.2011 , 11:25 AM | #7
Nice spelling.

Seriously though, gearing your companion is an integral part of some AC's class mechanics.
Yes it is. Learn how to gear a companion without being a toolbox to group with who greeds every item.

PlagaNerezza
12.30.2011 , 11:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Yes it is. Learn how to gear a companion without being a toolbox to group with who greeds every item.
I suggest taking cybertech and getting orange gear that you can keep updated for PvE. If you are pve and need help at the basics of why you should do that instead of being a group loot whore please see the crew skills discussion.

Geogian
12.30.2011 , 11:29 AM | #9
You know what? I like getting gear for my companion through flashpoints. But I'm going to make sure no one else needs it, and am going to ask. And I won't sell it unless I made a mistake. I'm going to gear through flashpoints when possible, but not be a dick about it.

HolyDestitute
12.30.2011 , 11:34 AM | #10
I am not being a dick, it was assumed so. I always ask if I can need for my companion.

I trolled the OP for crying about something that is in place for a reason.

Also, my companions are all orange geared. However, those orange items still need mods to keep them current therefore; I will absolutely role on items that are not needing by the group.

And to make comments about not playing PvE properly, I am leveling as an Immortal SW which means that I TANK for Vette. This means that her DPS is absolutely important to my PvE success.