Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commanding Legacy and mirror classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Commanding Legacy and mirror classes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JLazarillo
10.10.2017 , 03:50 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarbuch View Post
Never trust PR person or developer, their default mode is to lie.
I highly suspect it's less a "lie" and more a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, but this doesn't feel like one of those moments one attributes to malice.

EricMusco
10.10.2017 , 03:51 PM | #72 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I verified with the team and the current implementation is intended, but I am seeing some confusion around the perk so let me explain how it works. Every time you hit Command Rank 300 on one of the mirrored base Classes (more on that in a sec) you get a 25% bonus to the base value for CXP gains. Since there are four sets of mirrors, you can gain four stacks of this buff, up to a total of 100%. It looks like this:
  • Any Knight or Warrior to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Consular or Inquisitor to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Smuggler or Agent to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Trooper or Bounty Hunter to 300 adds +25%

Separately, I know there are questions about how we communicated (or didn’t) around this perk and so let me explain what happened. When Keith put information on the perk in the roadmap, it was meant to be fairly general, but we realize if we had been more specific we could have saved some of this frustration. The requirements for the perk were born out of some technical limitations which prevented us from giving you a bonus for any character which hit 300 (such as multiple Sith Warriors). As I was gathering the notes for 5.5, I didn’t realize that limitation had been put in place and it wasn’t caught during internal review. None of this is meant as an excuse, you should have had this information before today and it should have been in the notes. I apologize for that not being communicated, that’s on me.

The above information has been added into the patch notes for clarity, we hope that you still get to enjoy the benefits of increased CXP as you rank up in Galactic Command.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

xomnow
10.10.2017 , 03:54 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
It is of each base class and mirrored. If you have a guardian and a marauder, they will only count towards 25% and not 50%, seeing they share the same base class tree as Knight/Warrior. To get the full buff, you need one of each different base class at 300. They cannot mirror each other. Even different AC across factions only count once if the base class is the faction's mirror.

This goes for same factions too. A Sentinel and a Guardian will only count once since they are both Knights.

I'll just leave this here:

Quote:
Legacy Perk – For each character that reaches Command Rank 300, we will automatically add an additional 25% bonus CXP to your entire Legacy up to a maximum of 100%. You do need to purchase the initial 25% perk, but the additional 75% will be free. And, YES, this Perk is retroactive, so you will immediately benefit once we deliver United Forces Foundation.

From the Roadmap last week as found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

It specifically states characters. Not each class. Not each mirror. Each character. What happened in the span of a week that this changed so drastically or couldn't be communicated to us?

So... Let me ask this. Who has the most 300s and only 25%? I'll throw my hat into the ring, as I have 9 CR300s and I'm looking at the same ******* 25% bonus I had yesterday. Why? Well, those 3 Juggs, 3 Guardians, and 3 Sents only count as 1, so you know, **** me eh?

Usually I just let crap go, but this? This is NOT what they said as quoted above. Character DOES NOT equal base class + mirror. I'm used to feeling meh at best or disappointed - but it does piss me off that they say one thing and then do something else. How about we not put things out if it's not even kind of correct?

Did I need to get 2 juggs and 2 sents and 1 guardian to 300 when I could have done a shadow, a merc, and a scoundrel? No, but maybe I just like my knights/warriors...

Not particularly happy tonight.

Transcendent
10.10.2017 , 03:54 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
we hope that you still get to enjoy the benefits of increased CXP as you rank up in Galactic Command.
I'm speechless. Except to say, I'm speechless.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

IshtarScorpio
10.10.2017 , 04:06 PM | #75
Translation: Whoops! The game is working as intended, enjoy the grind.
"You are unwise to lower your defenses!"

Lowarro
10.10.2017 , 04:07 PM | #76
Hey folks,

I verified with the team and the current implementation is intended, but I am seeing some confusion around the perk so let me explain how it works. Every time you hit Command Rank 300 on one of the mirrored base Classes (more on that in a sec) you get a 25% bonus to the base value for CXP gains. Since there are four sets of mirrors, you can gain four stacks of this buff, up to a total of 100%. It looks like this:
  • Any Knight or Warrior to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Consular or Inquisitor to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Smuggler or Agent to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Trooper or Bounty Hunter to 300 adds +25%
If someone has 0 characters to 300, but purchased this perk (before this update it was just a flat 25%) do they lose the 25% they already paid for?
Companion Master My Referral Code
I think that you have beaten the game . Congrats, that is crazy!

-eric

SebastiaanZ
10.10.2017 , 04:07 PM | #77
Remove this limitation ASAP. Lots of people like playing one class. This limitation should NEVER EVER have been put in place.

Another slap in the face. Do they want this game to die?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Qouivandes
10.10.2017 , 04:08 PM | #78
(i took out the quote because i didnt want the poster to think i was yelling at them as opposed to being annoyed right now at the deliberate deception. this is beyond the SH debacle. this jumps that line of just withholding information to out right deception. )

of course it was on purpose. Im not one to actually mince my words, but this was deliberate and calculated. Had they been more forthcoming then folks would have taken advantage of the CXP bursts and gotten the classes up and started the patch with 100%. No, while folks did take advantage of the CXP burst, they leveled the toons that they mostly played. sure, some have mirrors, but if one tended to play just Jedi, then playing a sent, knight, sage, and shadow would have netted them 50% though, as others have pointed out, they are different play styles.

This is not something they decided to do last minute and ALL communication prior to the patch going live specifically stated characters. One can play the game of stating that it was obvious and, i suppose, a part of me saw and does see the logic that is being placed behind it; but this was deliberate. And since the patch notes continue this charade of stating that it was based on characters and not classes this makes the ruse even more blatant.

very disappointed in them and they should apologize. I intend on working all my toons up to 300 regardless, but i had intended on taking my Knight and Jugg as my main two toons, but, as stated in another place, that is going to ahve to change.

edit: apparently eric posted while i was typing this. doesn't change much and is the atypical response we were expecting.
*”˜˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜˜”*
•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜.•°*”˜ Ebon Hawk ˜”*°•. ˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

xomnow
10.10.2017 , 04:10 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
I'm speechless. Except to say, I'm speechless.
Yeah, because it's not like some of us haven't done the grind ad nauseam already. I have 25% of my characters at 300 and about 15 more in the low to mid 200s. But, sure, I can't WAIT to experience the thrill of slightly more CXP on numbers 11, 12, 13...

Eric - man, I've spoken with you at the Orlando cantina this year... I totally understand this isn't something done maliciously, nor are you anything more than someone who helps to spread the word round these parts... But this "oops, our bad guys..." is getting old - fast. The official line was one thing, now we learn it was actually something totally different - and it's "oops"? You all have GOT to get it together on these sorts of things. No one here would be annoyed if it had been conveyed correctly in the first place. We would have no leg to stand on in regards to complaints. It would have been a known thing, we'd have done what we need to do...

I'm just really disappointed that, once again, it's say one thing, mean something else. You all need to mean what you say, and say what you mean. Not "oops."

SebastiaanZ
10.10.2017 , 04:10 PM | #80
No offense Eric but this is ******** and I demand that you change this immediately. You lied to us. So that is why you did not upload the patch notes, because you knew you would get negative backlash on this lackluster change!
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!