Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.5 Scroll Wheel Notes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 5.5 Scroll Wheel Notes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.10.2017 , 10:40 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Just a heads up on some issues that we have related to the UI and the mouse scroll-wheel in GU 5.5:
  • There is a new user interface for the server select screen which only displays five servers. If you do not see your server listed, you can scroll with the mouse wheel to see the rest of the list.
  • You can now use the mouse wheel to scroll through pages on the Cartel Market and in Collection. However, there is currently an issue where if either one is open, that window always takes priority for scrolling. Ex: If you have the CM or Collections open and you preview an item. If you mouse wheel up to zoom in the preview window, it will instead skip forward a page in the CM or Collection. You will need to close that window for the scroll wheel to work in any other window.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

xordevoreaux
10.10.2017 , 10:42 AM | #2
Eric, could please share the key commands to move through the server list with people without working mousewheels?
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

ninjonxb
10.10.2017 , 10:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Eric, could please share the key commands to move through the server list with people without working mousewheels?
I have to second this.
With only scroll wheel being usable this is a major issue for:
-Anyone with a broken scroll wheel
-Anyone using a laptop (since many trackpads scroll differently
-Anyone using a trackball, since those often don't have a scrollwheel
-Anyone who tends to remote into their computer when at work for guild management/gtn/ or whatever

xordevoreaux
10.10.2017 , 11:00 AM | #4
5.5a coming out in 3...2...1...

JLazarillo
10.10.2017 , 11:01 AM | #5
This zoom preview thing is gonna bug the hell outta me, I already know it.

supertimtaf
10.10.2017 , 11:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
This zoom preview thing is gonna bug the hell outta me, I already know it.
Me too :')
But if that's our only problem then I guess it's fine.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Krigjeger
10.10.2017 , 02:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
Just a heads up on some issues that we have related to the UI and the mouse scroll-wheel in GU 5.5:[list][*]There is a new user interface for the server select screen which only displays five servers. If you do not see your server listed, you can scroll with the mouse wheel to see the rest of the list.
-eric
So this is great. Scroll down the list of servers, get to the end and can't scroll back up to my actual servers. Poor design. Key commands (pgup/pgdn/arrows) do nothing. So now what Eric?

Nerf classes, nerf server list, nerf cxp from dailies ... hmmm .. time to nerf my sub.

xordevoreaux
10.10.2017 , 02:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Krigjeger View Post
So this is great. Scroll down the list of servers, get to the end and can't scroll back up to my actual servers. Poor design. Key commands (pgup/pgdn/arrows) do nothing. So now what Eric?

Nerf classes, nerf server list, nerf cxp from dailies ... hmmm .. time to nerf my sub.
Not experiencing this. I can scroll to the bottom and then back up again.

Jafnahar
10.10.2017 , 03:43 PM | #9
Would be great if you could fix it so the collections window doesn't scroll when it's not on top.

emsraymond
10.10.2017 , 03:58 PM | #10
Can the SWTOR team create a heroic terminal item for our Strong holds? I don't want to always have to run to the fleet for heroics, when I can go to my Stronghold for everything else. This would be a nice implementation.
Always glad too help!