Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 10th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

genealogymaster
10.10.2017 , 09:50 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
There hoping if they kill off the daily areas, and merge servers everyone will have no other option but to queue for pvp or group content making it seem like the game is alive and well as there will truly be no other means to gain cxp.

This effectively kills the game for me. With my job, 2 kids, wife and a sick mom, I do not have the time to join a group queue, wait wait wait for it to pop, run a group mission for much less exp then doing the dailies. Doing solo stuff for me works right now as I can walk away from the keyboard anytime I need to handle something at home. Committing to a group activity means I cant, and again with my situation that's kills this game for me.

I get its an MMO, but making group content my only viable option is just not right. Sadly I will never have the time to run ops which at least seem to reward a solid amount of cxp. Everything else for time vs reward is terrible.

This isn't trying to get to level 70, your trying to get to 300 and rewarding 78 cxp? Seriously?
Sorry the wrong quote went up I feel that pain however, sadly daily areas will be a ghost town now.

ThEeLcOnDoR
10.10.2017 , 10:02 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It looks the website will be staying up throughout maintenance. I will leave the messaging as is though just in case the team needs to bring it down.

You can expect patch notes around the time maintenance is scheduled to conclude (12PM Central). I will post here if they go up earlier than that!

-eric
Hey Eric

Just wanted clarification on what's happened as I have logged in after the patch, as I might have missed some important details and might need some help clearing the air on it.

So I have just patched going into 5.5. Made some characters on the other servers over the last few days getting them ready for the Double XP week that we are about to have. The Red Eclipse, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and on French servers and was beginning to broaden to a couple of other servers here and there.

However I have logged, patched, servers are still down.... yet I only see 5 of them, and most of them are not even there. For example, the Red Eclipse server is...... not there.

Is there any reason for this? I was unaware this was happening, and had been under the impression any structural changes were taking place 2 weeks from now on the 24th.

Is something being tested in the background as to why I am only seeing "The Progenitor, Battle Meditation, Begeren Colony, Darth Nihilus and Mantle of the Force" servers?

Sorry if there is something I missed earlier on.
Darth Scorpio | SW:TOR Enthusiast-12x XP Master.
300+ on Darth Malgus! 156 on Satele Shan!
Follow SWTOR on Twitter @SWTOR | Like SWTOR on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q]

Trlance
10.10.2017 , 10:14 AM | #123
15 minutes already after time patch should end. Another birthday gift from bioware?

Velgar
10.10.2017 , 10:17 AM | #124
With them nerfing daily cxp back down to a pathetic 75, I will not be going there anymore and they will turn back into ghost town areas. You would think they would have gotten a clue with how the bug increased activity, but no. Back to pushing the same old broken idea that has killed populations off.

Even with the legacy perk maxed the cxp will be a pathetic joke. Done with this, no reason to sub, runs out later this month. Not enough new solo content to interest me and what there is, like Iokath, is badly done.

Trying to use CXP to push everybody into pvp did not work with me, pushing me out of the game instead. Used to pvp in various MMOs but I just do not enjoy it at all.

DieAlteHexe
10.10.2017 , 10:17 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
15 minutes already after time patch should end. Another birthday gift from bioware?
I think it's not due for another 45 minutes. I could be wrong though.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

EricMusco
10.10.2017 , 10:22 AM | #126 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
Still have another 40 minutes or so of maintenance, but, here are the patch notes! http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1010...ame-update-5.5

Happy birthday!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SebastiaanZ
10.10.2017 , 10:32 AM | #127
Still have another 40 minutes or so of maintenance, but, here are the patch notes! http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1010...ame-update-5.5

Happy birthday!

-eric
Unbelievable your crap action that CXP is reduced. 75 CXP per mission is NOT ACCEPTABLE Eric. Really angry about this. Its ABSURDLY low.

You should have kept the bugged CXP around until 5.6 or just introduce the new rates AS WAS PROMISED. Now we know once again we cannot trust your word on anything. Good job if thats what you wanted to achieve.

Do the right thing and immediately change it back PLEASE. You are dealing with an unhappy playerbase.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

TheGreatHambino
10.10.2017 , 10:33 AM | #128
Quote:
The Command XP Mission rewards for the following areas have been corrected:

Czerka
Oricon
Black Hole
Yavin 4
Section X
Ziost
You spelled 'decimated' wrong.

RikuvonDrake
10.10.2017 , 10:35 AM | #129

Happy birthday!

-eric
Focus changes for Jedi Knight should be written below Guardian, not under Sentinel.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Nebdar
10.10.2017 , 10:36 AM | #130
LOL LOL LOL

Quote:
Cartel Market

The Cartel Market has had its User Interface improved. In addition to a new look, there is also expanded functionality including filters and search.

and

When one side wins the Dark vs Light war, the victory state now lasts 18 hours (up from 1 hour).
So needed and balanced changes
Chancellor Keith has ordered construction of New Mega Servers. 5 servers to Rule them ALL. Rebels Beware!
We had our New Hope chapter in SWTOR development it seems now is the time for E(A)mpire Strikes Back or will there will be Return of The Jedi?