Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 10th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.10.2017 , 06:16 AM | #101 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
The forums are usually off as soon as the maintenance starts. I think they'll stay up!
It looks the website will be staying up throughout maintenance. I will leave the messaging as is though just in case the team needs to bring it down.

You can expect patch notes around the time maintenance is scheduled to conclude (12PM Central). I will post here if they go up earlier than that!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JattaGin
10.10.2017 , 07:46 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
Probably CXP bug now works completely the opposite way.
You mean dailies substract CXP from us?

That would be something. "New Galactic Command feature: Go back to rank 1 and enjoy the way to 300 anew."
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

SebastiaanZ
10.10.2017 , 07:49 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It looks the website will be staying up throughout maintenance. I will leave the messaging as is though just in case the team needs to bring it down.

You can expect patch notes around the time maintenance is scheduled to conclude (12PM Central). I will post here if they go up earlier than that!

-eric
Sure but you couldn't be bothered to try, respond to and resolve the CXP situation that people are unhappy about?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

orangenee
10.10.2017 , 07:59 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
You mean dailies substract CXP from us?

That would be something. "New Galactic Command feature: Go back to rank 1 and enjoy the way to 300 anew."
Yes. That seems like something that would happen. Keith will of course have used his dev tools to remain at 300 with his 1200 alts.

3 more hours before the 12 hour BONUS MAINTENANCE GAIZ!!
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

xRohanx
10.10.2017 , 08:02 AM | #105
Some more ninja nerfs?

Totemdancer
10.10.2017 , 08:12 AM | #106
Eric, Patch notes??

orangenee
10.10.2017 , 08:17 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by xRohanx View Post
Some more ninja nerfs?
They're just deciding what doesn't get mentioned this time.....until someone calls them out on it like last time.

"Oh sorry, we forgot that bit. Adding it (back) now."
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Eshvara
10.10.2017 , 08:18 AM | #108
I hope there will be an exciting new direct sale today, such as Primeval Stalker or the Sensuous Dress. Make us happy Eric.🎅
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Marauder
10.10.2017 , 08:23 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric
This effectively kills running any dailies. Even with a 100% booster, and double exp week you would only get 312 cxp per daily down from @2300. You could run every daily that gave the bonus and get less then 1/8th the cxp. Its just not worth the time sink anymore and after 2x exp weeks ends its not worth doing it on any leve
I wont deny the bugged amount was high, but I have been using the 100% boost, bought the legacy boosts and have been grinding the daily areas for over 2 weeks and I am still not to 300 cxp. I think I hit 229 or so last night. You say you get that some people like to play solo or play the game the want to but how do you get CXP now? It seems the only way to earn it in a value for your time spent forces you to run group content. But what if your time to play is when the servers are light and forming a group takes forever or not at all. Do you guys think its fun on any level to log in, wait wait wait, no group, log off? Or waste so much time forming a group you can only have the time to run 1 group thing for the day? If your hinging this on merging servers to greatly improve queues then you should have waited until you did that or until you came up with a better way to earn cxp and not effectively kill the game for some of us.

Costello
10.10.2017 , 08:28 AM | #110
Is there any new content coming with update 5.5

Otherwise we can pretty much guess the patch notes.

Hightlights:

Class Balance! (i.e. if your class wasn't nerfed last update it is now)
GSF Balance (i.e. Bombers and Gunships have been nerfed)
CXP Balance (i.e. Dailies now give 75 CXP now)
Increased Bolster (i.e. not as much as ungeared PvPers wanted and more than Pvpers that have the gear think was fair, to ensure that nobody was happy)

In depth Changes

Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf.
You can now Customise Theron, oh whoops our bad lol.
Some minor bug fixes which probably only effect .001% of players who are playing very old content.

I figure there must be some new content as Keith has said they were all heads down hard and work, while it has been mentioned things were moved around from patch 5.5 and 5.6 and that would appear that in effect any content was shuffled out of 5.5 and nothing was brought forward from 5.6.

I also understand hardware and software is being updated so it will be nice to see how this will improve the user experience, it sure isn't shorted down time as 5 hours is the least down time that players will see.