Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tahana
10.06.2017 , 02:08 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
*nod* You can indeed. I made a reference like this once and BOOM....infraction.
As it should be. RW Politics have no business on this forum or within the game either.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Atma
10.06.2017 , 02:17 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by AndriusAjax View Post
I find it hard to believe that people would play more or less on a server bc of the name lol.

And while I also find it hard to believe that anyone would be offended by the phrase 'hot prospect', it does not surprise me that someone SAID it offended them..

thats the problem today.. no one is actually offended - they just like pointing out how one might be offended. Its like they think they get points for identifying what is potentially offensive
Truth

DieAlteHexe
10.06.2017 , 02:26 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
As it should be. RW Politics have no business on this forum or within the game either.
Yes. I was a bad, bad, baaaaaaad person. Oh so bad.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

orangenee
10.06.2017 , 02:29 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Yes. I was a bad, bad, baaaaaaad person. Oh so bad.
My sarcasm detector just spiked and exploded.

You owe me a new cat.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

RagnarAugustus
10.06.2017 , 04:49 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Its been changed for those people in that area. You can argue back and forth all day long or until the server mergers happen or grow up and move on to something else.

Constant bickering over the name, which has been changed, is a bit pointless.

(And No I didn't care since it wasn't going to be my server)
No we might be able to get it changed again! LOL

Mevan
10.06.2017 , 06:01 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
gives me hope that you will also listen to the concerns of the RP community and take the right steps to ensure RP can happen publically safely and without trolls
They haven't so far, why would they change company policy now? XD

aerockyul
10.06.2017 , 06:39 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Imcus View Post
With the issues in game that should be addressed I can not believe we had this be the main topic of discussion for several days. Server names (in my opinion) are only necessary when you have too many servers to easily keep track of. I would have been just as happy seeing the following:

North America - East Coast
North America - West Coast
Europe - English
Europe - French
Europe - German

It is simple and keeps people from having an "I don't like that name" tantrum.
Conspiracy Theory: deliberately using a stupid name resulted in deflecting attention from other, more important but less easy to appease topics.

Newspapers do these things on behalf of the government. Important topics get pushed back deeper and deeper so people will forget about them after the initial outcry.

I blame the average attention span of the general populace. Very easily manipulated this way.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Cara, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Aywrevix, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire, Andra Cressan Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

kodrac
10.07.2017 , 02:54 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Phenglei View Post
It honestly looked to me like the server was, for all practical purposes, going to be permanently renamed "Hot Pocket," mostly, and a few other names here and there. I think that very few players would ever refer to it by its intended name, "Hot Prospect."
That's exactly the reason. They've never caved on anything this quickly before. If they actually cared about possibly derogatory things upsetting players, this forum would have about a dozen total threads.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

orangenee
10.07.2017 , 03:00 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Conspiracy Theory: deliberately using a stupid name resulted in deflecting attention from other, more important but less easy to appease topics.

Newspapers do these things on behalf of the government. Important topics get pushed back deeper and deeper so people will forget about them after the initial outcry.

I blame the average attention span of the general populace. Very easily manipulated this way.
Well at least we now we have Theron's hair to keep everybody distracted now.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Finitebreaker
10.07.2017 , 03:05 PM | #260
Well now I know what server to avoid if they are offended by something that small. Thanks for changing it so they don't come to mine.