Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How Many People Are Doing This....................???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How Many People Are Doing This....................???

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
10.06.2017 , 10:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BadCuzMad View Post
3 Reasons:

#1. Server transfers will not be available right away after Nov 8th and they are not sure how long they will be offline. They are guessing at least 1 week at this time.

#2. 90cc per toon means absolutely nothing to me when it comes to improving game quality for me.

#3. After the disgusting experience I have had dealing with the most toxic environment I have ever seen (Harbinger) I have made a conscience decision to ride the east coast till the end. I would rather quit the game than continue one more day dealing with the polluted and disgusting toxicity known as Harbinger.
I'm not sure how long the "escape" from the toxic cesspool of Harbinger will last.

I fully expect that the Star Forge will have a substantially higher population than Satele Shan, and that much of the Harbinger detritus will be transferring to Satele Shan, causing that server to become a toxic cesspool and leading to much more bullying, griefing trolling of "those pesky" RP'ers.

Savej's Avatar


Savej
10.06.2017 , 10:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
It seems that for many, the "bar" is based on queue times.

Anything longer than 5 minutes waiting for a queue to pop is obviously due to it being a "dead" in the eyes of some, even if there were 100 people on fleet.

The fact that people choose not to use the LFG tool, preferring instead to do their group content with friends and guild mates is totally ignored by those reliant upon the LFG tool. Also ignore is the fact that many of those reliant upon the LFG tool may well have found themselves on too many ignore lists for that LFG tool to even be able to find groups for them.
Where'd you pull the "5 min" number from? Nevermind - I can guess.

cyrusramsey's Avatar


cyrusramsey
10.06.2017 , 11:14 AM | #13
Begeren certainly took some hits lately. Queue times are indeed one way to measure this, but I'd like to point out that, on Begeren, it's possible, on either faction, to queue with both a tank and a healer together for a HM FP and simply not get a pop within an hour.

That said, it's not always that bad, and I certainly wouldn't call the server dead, but it's far from an example of a healthy population too.

I completed DvL Eternal Tier on every North American server except for Bastion (could idle for weeks waiting for pops, could just not get to valor 5 at all), and I thought the nature of that 'event' made it very useful for comparing server viability, and while Begeren was never the biggest server out there, and while it got a bunch smaller over the years, the difference in difficulty between being able to complete DvL objectives on the biggest servers compared to Begeren was significantly less than the difference between Begeren and the former pvp servers.

That said, I'll be very relieved if I'd be able to queue for HM FPs again by myself and actually get a pop, because right now, regardless of my role, I need at least one guildie along to have a reasonable chance within a reasonable time, on Begeren.

So I guess I hope the OP's sentiment is not too prevalent....
#alts

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
10.06.2017 , 11:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Where'd you pull the "5 min" number from? Nevermind - I can guess.
The "5 minute" came from several of the "merge serves NOW!!!!!" crowd, and I linked the posts from which I took that number on numerous occasions in the various "merge servers NOW!!!!!!" threads.

If you wish to see those posts, either the original posts from which I took that number or my posts linking those original posts, you can go back and read through all those threads or do a forum search.

I will not do your research for you, though.

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
10.06.2017 , 11:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I dont know why people say BC is 'almost dead'. It is not, its held a pretty healthy population. I can make a new toon and step into the starter zones to see 30 to 50+ others in general chat, much like harbinger when I am there infact. The GTN is also healthy with items from new CM packs etc, another good sign its not so dead as people claim.
It might not be as bad as some of the east coast servers like Jung Ma, Pot5 but it's not exactly pumping either on the west coast BC is a dying server and that's for sure many people left because of it so saying it has a healthy population is an absolute lie.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.06.2017 , 11:36 AM | #16
I am planning on doing the opposite. I am on Ebon Hawk but plan to transfer all my characters out to the English European server, once I get my monthly CC grant. I anticipate that Star Forge is quickly going to become as toxic as Harb, once it's the largest server. I have no interest in going to Satele Shan, because, Harbinger. I'm going to take my chances with Darth Malgus instead in the hopes that I'll have half a chance of playing open areas and heroics.

BadCuzMad's Avatar


BadCuzMad
10.06.2017 , 11:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
It seems that for many, the "bar" is based on queue times.

Anything longer than 5 minutes waiting for a queue to pop is obviously due to it being a "dead" in the eyes of some, even if there were 100 people on fleet.

The fact that people choose not to use the LFG tool, preferring instead to do their group content with friends and guild mates is totally ignored by those reliant upon the LFG tool. Also ignore is the fact that many of those reliant upon the LFG tool may well have found themselves on too many ignore lists for that LFG tool to even be able to find groups for them.
With a game that has zero open world pvp and both ranked and regular pvp instances solely relies on "queue pops" then yes, absolutely yes if you play this game having pvp as your main focus then waiting forever in queues means its dead for you.

Now for a solo based player or someone who is part of a very well formed progression group and that the main scope of your game play, than population and queue times mean nothing or don't have much influence on your game play.

So you are correct in one sense and that having 100 people on fleet doesn't mean the game is "dead" by definition. But for people who do PVP, GSF, Ranked, Regs, or any other PVE instance that makes use of the queue system, then having 100 people sitting on fleet not in queue means absolutely nothing. And the fact that this game needs 3 to 4 times that number to healthily produce a quick queue response than the people claiming that those servers are dead are in fact correct. To them and that style game play they are most certainly "dead" servers.

To be fair, Harbinger for the 3 plus years I have played there has continually produced decently fast queue times pretty much 24/7. It has without any doubt been the premier server for fast and responsive queue times. Thus the reason it absolutely sucked the life out of just about every single server left in this game in the NA. The only problems I have with Harbinger is higher ping, and an obnoxious PVP community. Other than that, the server is working as intended IMO.

My hope is that enough people return to the east coast servers now and that there is enough merged into it that the queue times will be comparable to Harbinger. It not, than I have already made a conscience decision that I will quit this game forever. I have played it since the day of launch and never unsubbed. But if this server merge doesn't work I wont return to west coast ever again and will definatly unsub and uninstall forever. I really hope that isn't the case. I love this game but I refuse to wait long for queue pops. And all I do is PVP 24/7.

BadCuzMad's Avatar


BadCuzMad
10.06.2017 , 01:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I am planning on doing the opposite. I am on Ebon Hawk but plan to transfer all my characters out to the English European server, once I get my monthly CC grant. I anticipate that Star Forge is quickly going to become as toxic as Harb, once it's the largest server. I have no interest in going to Satele Shan, because, Harbinger. I'm going to take my chances with Darth Malgus instead in the hopes that I'll have half a chance of playing open areas and heroics.
I would join you, however I get a 120-130 ping there. Currently I run 20-30 ping on east coast and 70-80 ping on west coast. I already have 21 toons on TRE so I am just leaving that alone. I play early mornings there when ranked isn't popping on Harb. But my true passion and 80% of playtime will be east coast until it dies or the game shuts down.

1 thing for sure, I am done with west coast. And if east coast becomes toxic like west coast then at least I will have a decent ping while the trolls troll. Before I go back to west coast I will uninstall and call it a day.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.06.2017 , 01:10 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BadCuzMad View Post
I would join you, however I get a 120-130 ping there. Currently I run 20-30 ping on east coast and 70-80 ping on west coast. I already have 21 toons on TRE so I am just leaving that alone. I play early mornings there when ranked isn't popping on Harb. But my true passion and 80% of playtime will be east coast until it dies or the game shuts down.

1 thing for sure, I am done with west coast. And if east coast becomes toxic like west coast then at least I will have a decent ping while the trolls troll. Before I go back to west coast I will uninstall and call it a day.
I will say this, I am not looking forward to paying millions of credits to unlock four different strongholds again. But it's worth it to get away from toxicity. I don't group or do PvP at all, so the queue times don't matter to me. I just want to be able to play the game in peace.

DanNV's Avatar


DanNV
10.06.2017 , 01:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I dont know why people say BC is 'almost dead'. It is not, its held a pretty healthy population. I can make a new toon and step into the starter zones to see 30 to 50+ others in general chat, much like harbinger when I am there infact. The GTN is also healthy with items from new CM packs etc, another good sign its not so dead as people claim.
Because I am a GM on it. I look at fleet and various planets and compared to Harbinger or Shadowlands BC is barely even on life support. It looks to have lost half it's population or more in the last year and it never was a large population server.

Don't get me wrong. I always liked BC (after we got merged into it from Lord Ieldis) but it's pretty dead.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS