How many characters-Alts will you have after the merge (mk2)

Totemdancer

I have 11 total characters. One is still level 55 so I haven't played in like 4 years. I really wish I could sell extra character slots to other players for credits... Edited by bdatt

I hope you feel better soon SourOrange! :)

Thank you, I appreciate that :p

How many characters will I have after the merge?

The short answer : Too many.

But a lot of them are low-level alts that I never got around to developing, so I'll be deleting them, anyway.

Well, a discount on character slots would be better than nothing, but I honestly don't think it's quite fair to expect players to pay Bioware any significant amount of Cartel Coins (possibly purchased with real money) to deal with a situation that Bioware is creating.

I would much rather that the developers simply increase the number of character slots that players can have per server. Fortunately, it looks like they are :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=933608&page=8

Eric Musco said that they would try to increase the character slots allowed per server, to "largely alleviate" the issue of a player having to delete a large number of characters in order to create a new one.

What exactly "largely alleviate" actually means, though, is anybody's guess.

Well I'm encouraged that they've at least been thinking about it- even if it doesn't turn out to be much, something is better than nothing. But we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Edited by SourOrange

I have always considered myself as having too many alts... but reading about all of you makes me realize I am an amateur :D

Before the merge I have 20 / 16 / 4 characters spread over three servers and that is how it will remain. None of my servers will merge with each other, so for me there might be a few name changes and otherwise status quo.

My reasoning for having them on such different servers is simple, my main Euro server, the East Coast US one I used to play with a friend on and finally the server I go to when I feel like practicing my German. :p

Right now I feel lucky.

I'm always amazed by how many characters other people have! I've been playing since just after launch, and I only have 11, all on Ebon Hawk (soon to be Star Forge). Even with such a small number, I still don't have time to focus on most of them as much as I'd like, since my playtime is relatively limited by MMO standards. I'm a little nervous about losing some of my earlier names; the later ones should be OK, since they already have spaces, apostrophes, etc.