Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many characters-Alts will you have after the merge (mk2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many characters-Alts will you have after the merge (mk2)

Totemdancer
10.06.2017 , 10:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
22 plus 4 ...unless I make some more in the meantime.

I used to have close to 40 characters but I deleted half of them because of GC. It was just too discouraging for that many alts.
My Alts are like my children. I find it very difficult to delete them. Itís probably why Iíve got so many and Bioware have got so much money from me. If I want or need a new alt I just buy another slot.
With so many Alts on so many servers atm, this merge is going to be extremely interesting. I think I might end up with about 50 on Satele Shan. I really hope they make some QOL improvements on the login screen for dealing with that many characters.

Phenglei
10.06.2017 , 10:48 AM | #22
How many characters will I have after the merge?

The short answer : Too many.

But a lot of them are low-level alts that I never got around to developing, so I'll be deleting them, anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by SourOrange View Post
I hope Bioware does a big sale on character slots
Well, a discount on character slots would be better than nothing, but I honestly don't think it's quite fair to expect players to pay Bioware any significant amount of Cartel Coins (possibly purchased with real money) to deal with a situation that Bioware is creating.

I would much rather that the developers simply increase the number of character slots that players can have per server. Fortunately, it looks like they are :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=933608&page=8

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.
Eric Musco said that they would try to increase the character slots allowed per server, to "largely alleviate" the issue of a player having to delete a large number of characters in order to create a new one.

What exactly "largely alleviate" actually means, though, is anybody's guess.
"What I mean is ... Yes, they are blue berries, but they're not necessarily blueberries. Because while all blueberries are blue berries, not all blue berries are blueberries. You see?"

Jagaimee
10.06.2017 , 10:51 AM | #23
Eighteen. Would've been twenty, but I need to delete a couple of unused alts gathering dust on Jung Ma. Or, if I have CC left over after transferring ten characters off of Begeren Colony, renaming them and changing their species, etc.

So... eighteen or twenty.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Jdast
10.06.2017 , 11:00 AM | #24
I have to admit I'm gaming the system. I'm creating a bunch of alts on other servers so that when the merge does occur, I will have flexibility to redo storylines in the future. I will be well above the 52 character limit that exists now, though many of those characters will be placeholders / unplayed for some time to come.

For those who think this is selfish, I understand your point of view but: 1) the economist in me says it is a wise decision; and 2) it will have no impact on naming conventions as my characters all follow a unique quirk that all but guarantees there will be no overlap.

Dasty

Eshvara
10.06.2017 , 11:31 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I have to admit I'm gaming the system. I'm creating a bunch of alts on other servers so that when the merge does occur, I will have flexibility to redo storylines in the future. I will be well above the 52 character limit that exists now, though many of those characters will be placeholders / unplayed for some time to come.

For those who think this is selfish, I understand your point of view but: 1) the economist in me says it is a wise decision; and 2) it will have no impact on naming conventions as my characters all follow a unique quirk that all but guarantees there will be no overlap.

Dasty
Well Dasty, I can't blame you.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

bdatt
10.06.2017 , 11:35 AM | #26
I have 11 total characters. One is still level 55 so I haven't played in like 4 years. I really wish I could sell extra character slots to other players for credits...

SourOrange
10.06.2017 , 12:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I hope you feel better soon SourOrange!
Thank you, I appreciate that

Quote: Originally Posted by Phenglei View Post
How many characters will I have after the merge?

The short answer : Too many.

But a lot of them are low-level alts that I never got around to developing, so I'll be deleting them, anyway.

Well, a discount on character slots would be better than nothing, but I honestly don't think it's quite fair to expect players to pay Bioware any significant amount of Cartel Coins (possibly purchased with real money) to deal with a situation that Bioware is creating.

I would much rather that the developers simply increase the number of character slots that players can have per server. Fortunately, it looks like they are :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=933608&page=8

Eric Musco said that they would try to increase the character slots allowed per server, to "largely alleviate" the issue of a player having to delete a large number of characters in order to create a new one.

What exactly "largely alleviate" actually means, though, is anybody's guess.
Well I'm encouraged that they've at least been thinking about it- even if it doesn't turn out to be much, something is better than nothing. But we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

AngelCath
10.06.2017 , 04:05 PM | #28
I have always considered myself as having too many alts... but reading about all of you makes me realize I am an amateur

Before the merge I have 20 / 16 / 4 characters spread over three servers and that is how it will remain. None of my servers will merge with each other, so for me there might be a few name changes and otherwise status quo.

My reasoning for having them on such different servers is simple, my main Euro server, the East Coast US one I used to play with a friend on and finally the server I go to when I feel like practicing my German.
Right now I feel lucky.
Starfall Legacy - Darth Malgus / Star Forge / Tulak Hord
Referral link

Pietrastor
10.06.2017 , 05:03 PM | #29
10, just as I have now. The transferred chars are copies I made on other servers to replay stories (with same name), so I will be deleting them after merge, no point keeping them anymore on the same server
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

ImmortalLowlife
10.06.2017 , 05:52 PM | #30
I'll have 10 on Shan & 22 on.... whatever shadowlands will be moving to.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!