Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Many People Are Doing This....................???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How Many People Are Doing This....................???

BadCuzMad
10.06.2017 , 04:21 AM | #1
I moved my toons to Harbinger years ago to get quicker queue pops FROM east coast servers. I am on the east coast hated my ping being so high but traded it for quicker queue pops.

Since the announcement of the new east coast server I move ALL 32 of my toons from Harbinger back to Shadowlands so when Nov 8 hits I can have my east coast life back with a healthy population and decent queue times. (And a lot less toxic environment away from that Harbinger trash).

So my question is, how many people have or are planning on doing the same?

Quraswren
10.06.2017 , 07:08 AM | #2
Hard to say but I know we had a large number of people that did the same thing.

With the server mergers announced, that very night we started hearing from those players and they were asking did we have enough room to get them back into the guild and on the east coast. It's a bit better latency for them and with servers about to be more even in population, there was no reason to not move back to the east coast for better latency.

I imagine there are quite a few moving back if they can afford it but it would really be hard to know actual numbers.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DanNV
10.06.2017 , 07:55 AM | #3
I expect the East Coast server will be the highest population. It's getting 3 decent servers merged into it. Harbinger will get to add the population from a dead PVP server and an almost dead RP server. I doubt it's going to change much from what it is now and definitely won't be better than it was a year ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Suzsi
10.06.2017 , 08:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
I expect the East Coast server will be the highest population. It's getting 3 decent servers merged into it. Harbinger will get to add the population from a dead PVP server and an almost dead RP server. I doubt it's going to change much from what it is now and definitely won't be better than it was a year ago.
I dont know why people say BC is 'almost dead'. It is not, its held a pretty healthy population. I can make a new toon and step into the starter zones to see 30 to 50+ others in general chat, much like harbinger when I am there infact. The GTN is also healthy with items from new CM packs etc, another good sign its not so dead as people claim.

JediQuaker
10.06.2017 , 08:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BadCuzMad View Post
Since the announcement of the new east coast server I move ALL 32 of my toons from Harbinger back to Shadowlands
Wouldn't it make sense to wait until after the server merge. At least there may be free transfers, to reduce the r/l money cost.

Foambreaker
10.06.2017 , 09:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
On the west coast by the time you could the people who rage quit over names, it will probably be less that just Harb is now.

SourOrange
10.06.2017 , 09:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I dont know why people say BC is 'almost dead'. It is not, its held a pretty healthy population. I can make a new toon and step into the starter zones to see 30 to 50+ others in general chat, much like harbinger when I am there infact. The GTN is also healthy with items from new CM packs etc, another good sign its not so dead as people claim.
Yeah that never made sense to me either. I made a character on Begeren Colony when I was trying out the RP servers and while it wasn't really the server for me, it always seemed fairly active.

But then, there are people who call Ebon Hawk "dead", so I don't know how high the bar is here for what constitutes "alive".

BadCuzMad
10.06.2017 , 10:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Wouldn't it make sense to wait until after the server merge. At least there may be free transfers, to reduce the r/l money cost.
3 Reasons:

#1. Server transfers will not be available right away after Nov 8th and they are not sure how long they will be offline. They are guessing at least 1 week at this time.

#2. 90cc per toon means absolutely nothing to me when it comes to improving game quality for me.

#3. After the disgusting experience I have had dealing with the most toxic environment I have ever seen (Harbinger) I have made a conscience decision to ride the east coast till the end. I would rather quit the game than continue one more day dealing with the polluted and disgusting toxicity known as Harbinger.

Foambreaker
10.06.2017 , 10:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Like many things in discussion if you drill down you find out the people who say it is dead play pub side.

Same as the main story, if you drill down you find out it sucks for empire but it great pubs.

Ratajack
10.06.2017 , 10:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SourOrange View Post
Yeah that never made sense to me either. I made a character on Begeren Colony when I was trying out the RP servers and while it wasn't really the server for me, it always seemed fairly active.

But then, there are people who call Ebon Hawk "dead", so I don't know how high the bar is here for what constitutes "alive".
It seems that for many, the "bar" is based on queue times.

Anything longer than 5 minutes waiting for a queue to pop is obviously due to it being a "dead" in the eyes of some, even if there were 100 people on fleet.

The fact that people choose not to use the LFG tool, preferring instead to do their group content with friends and guild mates is totally ignored by those reliant upon the LFG tool. Also ignore is the fact that many of those reliant upon the LFG tool may well have found themselves on too many ignore lists for that LFG tool to even be able to find groups for them.