Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

Eshvara
10.06.2017 , 03:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
They ARE increasing CXP across the board, by up to +75% CXP for sub 300's. They're also giving us another +100% CXP week along with it.

But of course some people just can't have enough and want to put in minimal effort for maximum reward.
I do think it's in human nature to want all the things.🤔
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Dekibra
10.06.2017 , 03:20 AM | #22
They ARE increasing CXP across the board, by up to +75% CXP for sub 300's. They're also giving us another +100% CXP week along with it.

But of course some people just can't have enough and want to put in minimal effort for maximum reward.
why oh why do you only think in extremes?

What is wrong with keeping it the way it is!? I bet even Keith wouldn't have as many toons at 300 IF it weren't for this bug.
it is still grindy enough to level to 300 IF you want to do other things and maybe have a life & work.

Eli_Porter
10.06.2017 , 03:42 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekibra View Post
why oh why do you only think in extremes?

What is wrong with keeping it the way it is!? I bet even Keith wouldn't have as many toons at 300 IF it weren't for this bug.
it is still grindy enough to level to 300 IF you want to do other things and maybe have a life & work.
Keith had multiple 300's way before this bug. Same for me.

What's wrong with keeping it the way it is?

A. It's a boring activity (and this is coming from someone with almost 10 300's)
B. It doesn't involve grouping so people who actually like playing with others are left out
C. You don't need it to reach 300 (but they're buffing rates anyway)
D. You don't need command ranks to get decent gear (Legacy transferred mods/enhs, EV+KP HM, Unassembled Components, crafted implants/earpiece/hilt).

Dekibra
10.06.2017 , 05:24 AM | #24
Keith had multiple 300's way before this bug. Same for me.

What's wrong with keeping it the way it is?

A. It's a boring activity (and this is coming from someone with almost 10 300's)
B. It doesn't involve grouping so people who actually like playing with others are left out
C. You don't need it to reach 300 (but they're buffing rates anyway)
D. You don't need command ranks to get decent gear (Legacy transferred mods/enhs, EV+KP HM, Unassembled Components, crafted implants/earpiece/hilt).
define "multiple" - if he has "only" 9 now then he most certainly took advantage of the bug and didn't have many before

A: for you maybe - but not for everyone - I like them
B: you can do them in a group or BW could increase CXP earned in group content
C: of course you don't - that*s not the point
D: see C:

it just seems that some people have the feeling that getting to 300 feels like a job, like work - and a video game should first and foremost be fun ... so if grinding the dailies now feels less like work and instead fun & rewarding then let me ask you this instead:
Would it harm you in any way IF the bug stays?
I don't think it does.

Eli_Porter
10.06.2017 , 06:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekibra View Post
define "multiple" - if he has "only" 9 now then he most certainly took advantage of the bug and didn't have many before
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...79#edit9330079
Keith had "4 characters at Command Rank 300, and another 12+ characters at max level or close" four months ago, and there have been numerous buffs to CXP since then.
Quote:
A: for you maybe - but not for everyone - I like them
I liked them too at the start, but after repeating them a few times they got old quick. And I'm not someone who gets bored easily.

Quote:
B: you can do them in a group or BW could increase CXP earned in group content
They are increasing the CXP earned in group content in a few days with the CXP event and the new legacy perk.

Quote:
C: of course you don't - that*s not the point
D: see C:
If you don't think 300 is needed, why treat it like a job and grind for it?

Quote:
it just seems that some people have the feeling that getting to 300 feels like a job, like work - and a video game should first and foremost be fun ... so if grinding the dailies now feels less like work and instead fun & rewarding then let me ask you this instead:
Would it harm you in any way IF the bug stays?
I don't think it does.
It would harm me because I can't form groups while people grind dailies instead. It would harm the game as a whole since this is an MMORPG, not a solo farm adventure.

Zylaro
10.06.2017 , 06:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatHambino View Post
Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.
I agree.

TheGreatHambino
10.06.2017 , 09:47 AM | #27

You completely missed the point of the post. The "bug" has reinvigorated dead areas of the game, and led to some players re-subbing which is never a bad thing. While I certainly wouldn't mind if they never fixed the bug, all I'm asking is that they not take away a popular feature without having something to immediately replace it with.

arunav
10.06.2017 , 09:54 AM | #28
Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.
I completely agree.

This far into 5.x, those of us who've wanted to level to 300 on more than one character have done so even without this bug.

What it did for us was make a route that was still grindy, but took enough off of the grind to make it reasonable enough to do another character.

If dailies go back to what they used to be, we'll be left with the CXP sources that were initially used to get to 300, namely running the same FPs, Ops, or other areas of the game like PVP to supplement the process (GSF certainly doesn't pop on my server any longer like it did earlier in the year. That was a good source that is no longer available).

The result is a player that would otherwise end up leveling one or two more characters up like myself just simply won't instead, because I don't want to end up disliking running classic content (the best things in the game, in my opinion). If that happens, I'll end up not enjoying the game any longer.

So, in short, I agree with the OP, that there needs to be an equivalent CXP source as dailies for leveling characters up as we can currently, because we are working on at this point classes that weren't our priorities to gear up.

The legacy boost of 100% instead of 25% is welcome, but it still will only apply to good sources of CXP before the daily bug, i.e. the same things we've been running all year, not dailies. A 100% boost on 75 CXP instead of a 25% boost doesn't really make a difference. Dailies provided something different to do, largely that could be done on your own time as well as a bonus.

Please leave the daily option in place until there's something else we can run that's different from the past for CXP.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Eli_Porter
10.06.2017 , 10:01 AM | #29
You completely missed the point of the post. The "bug" has reinvigorated dead areas of the game, and led to some players re-subbing which is never a bad thing. While I certainly wouldn't mind if they never fixed the bug, all I'm asking is that they not take away a popular feature without having something to immediately replace it with.
What made people resub was the fast and easy new way to gain CXP. The CXP buff replaces the "fast" and "easy" part since players could run GF flashpoints now for the same rates, and the "new" part is no longer in effect since the bug has been live for quite a while.

Johrun
10.06.2017 , 10:07 AM | #30
My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. .

They'll be giving us unassembled components for disintegrating gear from command crates, apparently. Which would be great, especially with refined isotope stabilizer scarcity making it harder to craft and wz farming taking too long to farm enough UC to upgrade gear.