Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Zerileth
09.25.2017 , 11:24 AM | #9241
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Are you suggesting tanks should learn how to tank / practice tanking in MM FPs?
If he wants to tank in an actually trinity, yes. In vet mode the tank player can still learn, and taunt the mobs off the others. They can learn the mechanics. However, if they insist that they be the only member to pull the mobs then they should do MM. This isn't rocket science.

And now we cut to the rocket scientist working and says: " this isn't video game tanking..." Love that Jack in the Box commercial.
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

Aeneas_Falco
09.26.2017 , 04:24 PM | #9242
Quote: Originally Posted by VegasTheLost View Post
That might be the best way to learn... While MM FPs are nowhere near to SM OPS in regards to tanking, MM FPs where one can really experience and assume the basics of tanking. Some punishment for mistakes, some basic mechanics but most importantly one have to be there. No fallback to offtank or DwT. And let's face it, leveling teaches you jack', Veteran FPs same, since no tank required, SM OPS way to go to ruin 7 other's game.
The problem with that however is that in MM FPs with PUGs you're expected to know your class. The tank who still has his training wheels on is very likely to get trashed and/or vote kicked for that inexperience unless a forgiving FP like Hammer Station pops. HM FPs as *the* place to really learn your class is only viable if you're doing it with guild members. PUGs tend to be far less patient.

Vet is a much better place to practice the basics of your trinity role because you get a feel for it in an environment where a mistake or two isn't likely to cause a wipe, and it's much easier for an inexperience player to make it through a FP with random players without being called a muppet or getting vote kicked.

Zerileth
09.29.2017 , 02:57 PM | #9243
Not so much weird as "ahole-like."

So, EH, BH BG, 70 MM GF, AoT.
Ebon Hawk, Bounty Hunter, Bodyguard, Level 70, Master Mode Group Finder, Assault on Tython
All other 70s. Tank is Jugg. No stealth. Both dps and I run to the first bridge after going around mobs and wait for tank. Tank aggros group way back at beginning. So, we run back around and toward tank who's at half health. Save day, get back to bridge and tank asks why aren't we stealthing it. So one of the dps tries to go behind but aggros... whatever we get through it and the other objectives, power cores or whatever.

They run to the side on the right and I type: "recommend clearing trash." Hesitantly the tank finally engages and we clear that front group. The tank then types:

"Just had a migraine and the grenades are killing me," or something like that. I'm guessing they're talking about my green kolto missiles. Tank jumps boss and we start fight. Not easy, but doable. After first add group tank is gone and boss is gone. The other 3 of us are just standing on the deck. Then boss rappels back in and we realize tank was thrown and boss reset.

Tank types again: " Grenades are really killing me." Ok so let me understand this. You get migraines. Video game visuals make them worse so you log in... choose MM GF FP and then complain to the group that we shouldn't use the skills we know to get the job done? Rich!

So at this point, instead of just leaving... the tank starts the fight again... and then immediately leaves the group. You sir are the epitome of the title of A-hat!

DoofiestDoofz
10.05.2017 , 08:01 AM | #9244
I'll also chime in with a HM Assault on Tython story. I'm a 247 rating Seer Sage.
Pubside, Ebon Hawk. Queued with a few people from GF, tank/Shadow was a Sokan member. All 70s, tier 1+, tank joined with 212 armor. Slinger asks if we can do bonus, Guardian DCs. Tank immediately votes to kick. I didn't vote, so it stayed up for a bit, slinger ended up voting to kick after a few. Tank dies on first mob. We get to boss and slinger asks to kill trash on the sides for bonus. Tank says "do me a favour and stop talking." Finally manage to get to the boss, wiped 3 times. Finally I said "not going to be possible with a tank who's dragging cleave into the rest of the group doing circles around boss and standing in AoE through the whole fight. I got a pst saying "internet bullying is against biowares policies. Cease and desist immediately or find a new game to play"
I replied "LMFAO"
"Final warning"
Ignored so I never queue with him.
Ebon Hawk/Star Forge: <Aftermath> <Legend>
Jen'Saar / Iris Marr Asair'sha / Teelore A'Moura / Ded-Eye Xuular / Kai'um
Synnihilus / Espeona Jarrko / Illuzia Echuba / Junipyr Blackbirb / Atreiall

Zerileth
10.05.2017 , 12:03 PM | #9245
Quote: Originally Posted by DoofiestDoofz View Post
Finally I said "not going to be possible with a tank who's dragging cleave into the rest of the group doing circles around boss and standing in AoE through the whole fight. I got a pst saying "internet bullying is against biowares policies. Cease and desist immediately or find a new game to play"
I replied "LMFAO"
"Final warning"
Ignored so I never queue with him.
I would have told him to report what I said. Some people are completely clueless. His statement was more bullying.

MaraSkyJade
10.06.2017 , 09:29 AM | #9246
Quote: Originally Posted by flavmad View Post
He had every right to be angry. He was being denied the role he queued for. If he wanted to come as dps, I'm sure he would've.
I really dislike queuing for group as a tank. I love playing a tank, but I don't get to practice. There are no longer Heroics for that purpose, SM is a joke for a tank, and VM is becoming that way because no one can be bothered to slow down. I get that everybody wants to BURN, BURN, BURN! FAST, FAST, FAST! SPACEBAR, SPACEBAR, SPACEBAR! But it's frustrating. I'm not going to queue for MM when I haven't learned the fight. It's rare the group will wait for the tank to pull, even if I'm racing to do so. VM always want to blaze through and sneak past everything.

A good example of when the sneaking just becomes obnoxious is Mandalorian Raiders. Everybody always wants to sneak across that bridge, even when we have non-sneaky group members. Inevitably someone falls off the bridge and aggros everything down below, or they aggro the droids at the top anyway. We end up spending longer trying to regroup than had we just cleared the stupid bridge in the first place. Arg.
"Gone hunting for a few days. Don't be mad at me, Farmboy..." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Pzhang
10.06.2017 , 12:18 PM | #9247
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Not so much weird as "ahole-like."

So, EH, BH BG, 70 MM GF, AoT.
Ebon Hawk, Bounty Hunter, Bodyguard, Level 70, Master Mode Group Finder, Assault on Tython
All other 70s. Tank is Jugg. No stealth. Both dps and I run to the first bridge after going around mobs and wait for tank. Tank aggros group way back at beginning. So, we run back around and toward tank who's at half health. Save day, get back to bridge and tank asks why aren't we stealthing it. So one of the dps tries to go behind but aggros... whatever we get through it and the other objectives, power cores or whatever.

They run to the side on the right and I type: "recommend clearing trash." Hesitantly the tank finally engages and we clear that front group. The tank then types:

"Just had a migraine and the grenades are killing me," or something like that. I'm guessing they're talking about my green kolto missiles. Tank jumps boss and we start fight. Not easy, but doable. After first add group tank is gone and boss is gone. The other 3 of us are just standing on the deck. Then boss rappels back in and we realize tank was thrown and boss reset.

Tank types again: " Grenades are really killing me." Ok so let me understand this. You get migraines. Video game visuals make them worse so you log in... choose MM GF FP and then complain to the group that we shouldn't use the skills we know to get the job done? Rich!

So at this point, instead of just leaving... the tank starts the fight again... and then immediately leaves the group. You sir are the epitome of the title of A-hat!
There is a product called "grenade" and what they are are hyper caffeinated pills that helps keep people awake for extended periods of time. It could just be those

Viperswhip
10.06.2017 , 02:35 PM | #9248
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Wanted to tell this one for a while, but kept forgetting about it.

Czerka Core Meltdown, HM. Party: me (Commando dps), Commando heal, Guardian tank and somebody else.

For reasons unknown Guardian obsessed with corner pulls. He repeatedly gathers all mobs in area, and brings them to us. (It's something I never saw anyone do in this particular FP) But he doesn't actually warn anyone that he's doing that, so.... yea. It ends in his death at least once. Healer is not a big fun of this, neither am I, Guardian doesn't care and keep doing, 2 dps never said a word during tne entire FP.
This man has probably been a tank for a very, very long time, like Dark Age of Camelot long, and you grouped everything all the time because AOE was always strong back in the day, and while it is pretty crap here. It was by far the fastest, safest and easiest way to do things. I haven't played too many other MMOs, so I am guessing he trained back in the day, where basically to get aggro and keep it you just had to hit the mob first.

Johrun
10.07.2017 , 10:35 AM | #9249
Once we had this very slow tank in Hammer Station, took ages to move and attack from mob to mob. I couldn't go 1st and take aggro because I was a midbie dd, so I asked him politely if he could move faster, he got triggered and told me to s*fu he's got 2 b*tches on him so he can't move faster and that I'm a looser.

AlrikFassbauer
10.08.2017 , 07:35 AM | #9250
Rather cats I guess ?
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.