Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please consider deleting ALTs you are not going to use

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

TheRobDaCool
10.06.2017 , 07:29 AM | #11
I currently only have two characters, I am not even sure which is my main and which is my ALT lol
This is my Referral Link there are many like it, but this one is mine!

CaptRogue
10.06.2017 , 07:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I made a bunch of characters instead -- sorry but since they are tossing all my chars on the one server now and I only had a few spare slots -- I wanted to be sure to always have spares.

I paid for all those extra char slots, I certainly intend to make the most of them.
You do realize that if you are over the cap of toons, yes you get to keep them, but IF you delete one of those toons, you will NOT be able to recreate a toon in that spot. Doesn't matter how many slots you've bought.

Quote: Originally Posted by Billupsat View Post
Tell me about it - I deleted experimental characters I made years ago across various servers and am now in the process of filling up some 24 slots across each of the east coast servers.
Just make them what you want. ^Read above note.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

ThomasStarWars
10.06.2017 , 07:52 AM | #13
What's the point? So someone can take all the good names I got?

LunaticFringer
10.06.2017 , 08:11 AM | #14
*nods* I've already been dong this. In most cases even alts with the same names on servers to be merged. I've got a feeling that is going to help out on resources even if just a little.
"The Utinni must flow!" ~JÓlen Storm, The Star Forge!
Refer a Friend Link
The Dream is Playable Jawas and a Twerking Emote!

Amantionus
10.06.2017 , 08:20 AM | #15
I went through and cleaned house before I saw the merge stuff... I couldn't remember what the concept of any of the old toons were. So I canned them all and made 4 new ones. I still need to force myself to do some republic toons though...
"Caesar non supra grammaticos"

serenitty
10.06.2017 , 08:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I made a bunch of characters instead -- sorry but since they are tossing all my chars on the one server now and I only had a few spare slots -- I wanted to be sure to always have spares.

Doubt my names will clash with anyone as Ive been including a first and last name for all. My surnames are pretty obscure and its easy enough to turn off the legacy name (so they don't have 2).

I paid for all those extra char slots, I certainly intend to make the most of them.
Same. I'm filling all my slots up with toons I will be playing. I just don't like the idea of losing out on so many slots over the three main servers I play, this way I'll have a fair few to keep me going for a while. I also try to create two names on most if not I use what I think are pretty obscure names.

serenitty
10.06.2017 , 08:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
You do realize that if you are over the cap of toons, yes you get to keep them, but IF you delete one of those toons, you will NOT be able to recreate a toon in that spot. Doesn't matter how many slots you've bought.
I have 81 slots over 3 servers, If I don't fill them I lose 54 of them and possibly have to delete several before I can create more. This way I don't lose any and they should last, yes it only works one time around but that shouldn't happen for a long time, depending on how often they are played and how long it takes to be done with them.

Suzsi
10.06.2017 , 08:36 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post

Just make them what you want. ^Read above note.

The intention was never to delete them.
Made some pretty awesome looking chars Im looking forward to playing and I love all the story.

Suzsi
10.06.2017 , 08:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by serenitty View Post
I have 81 slots over 3 servers, If I don't fill them I lose 54 of them and possibly have to delete several before I can create more. This way I don't lose any and they should last, yes it only works one time around but that shouldn't happen for a long time, depending on how often they are played and how long it takes to be done with them.
This.

By merging my chars on servers together they were going to make me hit my cap. By making chars in advance it'll keep me busy for a long time.

JediQuaker
10.06.2017 , 08:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Short answer - no.

Long answer - **** no!
There's only one of my 19 characters that I would consider voluntarily deleting. (One of the two characters I made for the DvL event last year.)