Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

important questions about server merge.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
important questions about server merge.

slukslaksla
10.06.2017 , 04:31 AM | #1
imma try to keep this short but as always im not criticising , i just care alot for the game xD proffecional/developer input would be great lol.

here goes:

so basicly when the servers merge to my understanding we will also merge leagacys similar to a char transfer but ALL your chars are getting transfered.

with the limit to the new server beeing around 50 chars i am in a bit of a trubble. currently my total chars on all servers goes at around 82 lvl 60+ chars and even more unleveled. (give or take) these chars (characters) are mostly on TRE and PROG (eu english servers) but also a few on US side.

on eu side i top in on around 67 characters total thus at server merge i will be quite alot higher than the cap of around 50. im aware that you keep chars above the limit but how about if i want to make more?

Questions:

1: can i buy character tokens or slots and make chars above the limit 50 or is that final?

2: if i delete enaugh chars to get under the cap of 50 must i still buy character tokens/slots to make a new one or is the slots i had on both servers combined?

example: you have 10 chars/slots on prog and 5 on TRE . at merge you get 15 slots or 10? (combined or higher one?)

thats kind of it. i know most dont have this issue, but i do honestly LOVE making and leveling characters so for me this is indeed a big issue as i would like to make more characters in the future too
Spoiler

Dekibra
10.06.2017 , 05:32 AM | #2
those questions are all answered in the FAQ of the Fall Roadmap...

tl:dr:
you can keep and play all your characters after the merge BUT if you are above the cap you cannot create new ones

Lammia
10.06.2017 , 05:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by slukslaksla View Post
Questions:

1: can i buy character tokens or slots and make chars above the limit 50 or is that final?

2: if i delete enaugh chars to get under the cap of 50 must i still buy character tokens/slots to make a new one or is the slots i had on both servers combined?

example: you have 10 chars/slots on prog and 5 on TRE . at merge you get 15 slots or 10? (combined or higher one?)

thats kind of it. i know most dont have this issue, but i do honestly LOVE making and leveling characters so for me this is indeed a big issue as i would like to make more characters in the future too
1. I believe number 52 is hard capped and you can't unlock more slots beyond this number. However, they're looking into raising that number.

2. Can you even have different number of slots on different servers? I'm quite certain an unlock token adds a slot to each server, whether you're there or not, so you should have the same number of characters slots on every server. Unless there is some other server-only unlock I'm not aware of.

But I think you have as many slots as you paid for. 52 is the max number you can unlock, but you won't get those unlocks for free, if you didn't pay for them earlier. So if you had 10 slots on a server, you still have it, I think.

slukslaksla
10.07.2017 , 05:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lammia View Post
1. I believe number 52 is hard capped and you can't unlock more slots beyond this number. However, they're looking into raising that number.

2. Can you even have different number of slots on different servers? I'm quite certain an unlock token adds a slot to each server, whether you're there or not, so you should have the same number of characters slots on every server. Unless there is some other server-only unlock I'm not aware of.

But I think you have as many slots as you paid for. 52 is the max number you can unlock, but you won't get those unlocks for free, if you didn't pay for them earlier. So if you had 10 slots on a server, you still have it, I think.
ty for the reply, and idk about different on different servers i play mostly on TRE atm but i belive they are different. forgive me if they are not. otherwise im in a bit of trubble lol xD maybe i'll transfer some to US side or something. x_x
Spoiler

slukslaksla
10.07.2017 , 05:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekibra View Post
those questions are all answered in the FAQ of the Fall Roadmap...

tl:dr:
you can keep and play all your characters after the merge BUT if you are above the cap you cannot create new ones
that is what i was wondering about, as stated in my post i know you can keep them but i were wondering if you could make more (wich apperently you cannot) and also if you deleted enaugh wich servers slot amount would be present? both or the higher. wich i do not recall reading (pardon me if i forgot it and actualy DID read it) either way im in a bit of a trubble xD
Spoiler

Lammia
10.07.2017 , 06:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by slukslaksla View Post
ty for the reply, and idk about different on different servers i play mostly on TRE atm but i belive they are different. forgive me if they are not. otherwise im in a bit of trubble lol xD maybe i'll transfer some to US side or something. x_x
I play mostly on TRE too and have 19 slots unlocked there.

I have a few toons on Harb. 19 slots there too, and I wouldn't unlock anything on purpose there, because I have enough free space.

I visited 2 other servers (on which I have no toons and never played at all) to day to check if my names are available there, and I have 19 slots on each.

So it looks like it is account wide.