Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

RP'ers Should be Accommodated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP'ers Should be Accommodated

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 11:24 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by SourOrange View Post
I have a bit of a feeling you're just being facetious here, but in the case that someone actually did have this question, I feel it's worth replying that no, nobody does that unless it's a group of roleplayers who decided to make their way through the content IC- which can be fun, but I digress.
People have a lot of misconceptions about what it's like to be in an RP community- the truth is, it's exactly like any other game community, with the exception that you might see some people engaging in mutual storytelling from time to time as you go through the open world or walk past a cantina. That's very literally the only noticable difference.
This was a serious question, I wasn't exactly familiar with roleplay and I'm not today either. I just thought this is what people did amongst other things.
I'm sure there are a ton of misconceptions about roleplay. Now I'm not gonna lie and say I'm truly interested in it, but I was there and I thought I'd give it a go. It didn't work out, so I never tried again. Considering it wasn't something that really appealed to me from the start, I didn't exactly tried to inform myself about everything RP. I just thought there was an opportunity.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

SourOrange's Avatar


SourOrange
10.05.2017 , 11:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
This was a serious question, I wasn't exactly familiar with roleplay and I'm not today either. I just thought this is what people did amongst other things.
I'm sure there are a ton of misconceptions about roleplay. Now I'm not gonna lie and say I'm truly interested in it, but I was there and I thought I'd give it a go. It didn't work out, so I never tried again. Considering it wasn't something that really appealed to me from the start, I didn't exactly tried to inform myself about everything RP. I just thought there was an opportunity.
Well then I'm glad to answer your question and I'd be glad to answer any other questions people have in order to help everyone be educated and feel as comfortable as possible with how things will work in the days ahead

RobertFKennedyUS's Avatar


RobertFKennedyUS
10.06.2017 , 03:15 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SourOrange View Post
Nobody roleplays in general chat. The only time you see any RP in general is if someone made a mistake and posted to the wrong channel.
That's actually not true. I have seen role play in general chat on Ebon Hawk and it wasn't an accident.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.06.2017 , 03:17 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
That's actually not true. I have seen role play in general chat on Ebon Hawk and it wasn't an accident.
I see it all the time in RP hotspots.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

jstankaroslo's Avatar


jstankaroslo
10.06.2017 , 04:49 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
That's actually not true. I have seen role play in general chat on Ebon Hawk and it wasn't an accident.
they rp on /say on gen chat. That way you can "hear" it only if u're near.
Full gen chat message is for everyone regadless of where they're at

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
10.06.2017 , 06:05 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Do people roleplay in flashpoints? During DvL I tried to once as I was levelling on the progenitor. They told me to stop talking and just do the instance! I was trying to blend in.

And no, I wasn't making fun of anyone. I just thought this was what people did there.
Maybe I was just bad at it.😂
Depends on the group. If it is a group of roleplayers, then yea they can but if it just a couple of roleplayers and couple non-roleplayers the roleplayers for the most part will not roleplay because of the non roleplayers in the group in case the non roleplayers are in a hurry to finish the flashpoint. Roleplayers on a whole are a bit more respective to other groups.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

jstankaroslo's Avatar


jstankaroslo
10.06.2017 , 06:19 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Do people roleplay in flashpoints? During DvL I tried to once as I was levelling on the progenitor. They told me to stop talking and just do the instance! I was trying to blend in.

And no, I wasn't making fun of anyone. I just thought this was what people did there.
Maybe I was just bad at it.😂
Hey, I used to do same thing on Progenitor some 2 or 3 years ago. In FP and in Heroics. Mostly worked.
I mean I just stayed IC and commented some things IC. Mostly people kinda joined in with their comments.

If I got a group that just silently speed ran the FP, and/or told me to shut up, I usually left the group. No fun for me with them, and no fun for them with me

RobertFKennedyUS's Avatar


RobertFKennedyUS
10.06.2017 , 08:51 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by jstankaroslo View Post
they rp on /say on gen chat. That way you can "hear" it only if u're near.
Full gen chat message is for everyone regadless of where they're at
* Edited

You might be right, but that still doesn't change that it's susceptible to trolling.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

AscendingSky's Avatar


AscendingSky
10.06.2017 , 09:10 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
And not even an RPer at that 😡
Gives us a bad name because of a crusade that doesnít even affect them or that they really understand. These attacks on you are getting ridiculous.
Letís hope they stop soon.
Not only is he not even an RPer, he keeps asserting that people all RP in General chat! Ignorant nonsense! He doesn't know the first thing about how RP in TOR works, and he wants to try to lecture other people on how it should be accommodated?
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
10.06.2017 , 09:42 AM | #50
Use a different chat channel, General was always OCC.