Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Fortress Final Boss (Voss, Nar Shaddaa)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Star Fortress Final Boss (Voss, Nar Shaddaa)

LordFell
10.02.2017 , 03:59 PM | #1
The final bosses in these two Heroic (Veteran) mode Star Fortress flashpoints have a spammable Heal that makes it impossible to solo them. It *should* be possible to solo them.

Please consider this a Bug, and place this ability on a cooldown that is slightly longer than a player's Interrupt.

CrazyScruffy
10.05.2017 , 10:00 PM | #2
it is soloable, in fact in the bottom tier gear before galactic command (where they just throw gear at you) I did by myself with a lvl 30 comp, without any of the buffs for the achievement. and it was the Voss heroic. Learn to play, don't nerf all content...

JattaGin
10.06.2017 , 01:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
it is soloable, in fact in the bottom tier gear before galactic command (where they just throw gear at you) I did by myself with a lvl 30 comp, without any of the buffs for the achievement. and it was the Voss heroic. Learn to play, don't nerf all content...
What class did you play, how many different interrupts does this class have and what's the CD of these interrupts? That's what it all comes down to.

The Voss boss in the H2 is a problem for classes with only few interrupts and high CD on those interrupts. My main is a commando medic. I know in my sleep how to play this class properly. However, I cannot do anything about the fact that I am only able to interrupt every second self-heal from the boss, no matter how perfect I can play my class. Because of that, my companion's DPS and the bosses heal equal each other out, more or less. There is nothing I can do against it, because I cannot prevent the self-heal. My own DPS is not enough to make a difference.

I agree that the bosses per se are not that difficult, but they have to be beatable. If a mechanic makes it impossible, because you don't have the needed interrupt, I believe that they should do something about it. How about they add one interrupt-item which you can pick up and use once and after it was used, it will spawn again? Or allow more stuff to interrupt the self-heal, for example the electro-net?

(I haven't played the H2 with 242+ gear. It's been a while. Don't know if my level 50 companion would now do enough damage to overcome the self-heal. But the H2 is not 242+ content, so it should be possible also with lower gear and companions. No matter what class you play.)
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

LordFell
10.06.2017 , 01:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
...oh, the same guy who posted to my General thread, being wrong again.

The Voss and Nar Shaddaa Exarchs both have a SPAMMABLE heal.

Last time I did this it was on my Kinetic Shadow. The battle lasted over 20 minutes before I got so frustrated I jumped to my death.
...this wasn't a challenge -despite my best efforts, whenever I got the Exarch down to 20% or so, he'd spam heal back up to about 60% and then I'd chip him down all over again. But you also observe that the battle lasted at least 20 minutes (this isn't hyperbole; I looked at the time near the start and after I suicided out of the fight). The Exarch couldn't kill me, either.

You also need to recognize that this is not End Game Content... this is DEAD content. It is also content that someone who is still starting the KotFE quest expansion needs to be able to do at least once (you have to liberate a planet before you can forge an Alliance).

Star Fortresses SHOULD be geared to level 65 characters with a gearscore of about 216.

...it's also not a question of "nerfing content because it's challenging" it's a question of making a Flashpoint that's REALLY TEDIOUS actually completable.

...and back to my OP. All I'm asking here, is for the self-heal to be put on a timer so that players can actually interrupt it.