Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Antispiral
10.06.2017 , 12:08 AM | #241
Wow, I was pretty disappointed when I read that the server name was changed, especially to something so...boring.

I actually liked the original name of "The Hot Prospect" as to me it sounded like a cool ship name, and I was looking forward to playing on it. But honestly, with "Satele Shan" as the server name I'll likely be playing the game even less.

I'm also disappointed that people would ever feel offended by or uncomfortable with "The Hot Prospect" as the name.

Ishgi
10.06.2017 , 12:36 AM | #242
Getting upset over a servername seems silly to me. I hardly notice what name my server has. I just log in and play the game.
It is not like they can ever get it right for everybody. People like different things. And a lot of people feel the urge to complain about what they do not like.

JattaGin
10.06.2017 , 12:56 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
I would still have found the Hot Prospect a better name than what I will be fored to go to. Why in the name of all that is holy do we get Darth Malgus? I detested him in game, I seriously don't want to see that name on my login screen. Were there really no other memorable sith, for crying out loud..
Edited: Was told that I could get infractions points for referring to politics to give an example. Wouldn't want that. Thus, you have to interpret it by yourself now:

Indeed. Glad I'm not alone.

I made my point before, but now I take it one step further:

Imagine your server shall be named after an [edited] [edited]. Could be called [edited], [edited], [edited], [edited]... but instead, your server will be called [edited].

Wouldn't you wonder as well what [...] made them choose [edited] of all the [edited]?

Malgus is the [edited] of the Sith. That includes his big fandom. "Make the Empire great again." - Fans: "Em-pi-re! Em-pi-re!" - Malgus: FAIL!

Dear devs: Tear down this name!

Could the Malgus-server be renamed to "Pazaak"? I cannot imagine anyone who wouldn't be OK with this name.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Eshvara
10.06.2017 , 12:58 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
-SNIP
You can get an infraction talking about real world politix, I did it once. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

DieAlteHexe
10.06.2017 , 01:17 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
You can get an infraction talking about real world politix, I did it once. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
*nod* You can indeed. I made a reference like this once and BOOM....infraction.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 07:59 AM | #246
Indeed. Glad I'm not alone.

I made my point before, but now I take it one step further:

Imagine your server shall be named after an American president. Could be called Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy... but instead, your server will be called Trump.

Wouldn't you wonder as well what in the heck made them choose Trump of all the presidents?

Malgus is the Trump of the Sith. That includes his big fandom. "Make the Empire great again. - Fans: "Em-pi-re! Em-pi-re!" - Malgus: FAIL!

Dear devs: Tear down this name!

Could the Malgus-server be renamed to "Pazaak"? I cannot imagine anyone who wouldn't be OK with this name.
Thank you, that is actually a very accurate representation. Use a name that has historic relevance instead of just abusing one of the current game NPCs and things are fine.

orangenee
10.06.2017 , 08:08 AM | #247
So, what I gather from this thread and more recent posts that whatever they name the servers there are still some who will dislike whatever name it is.

There are some who dislike Malgus as he fell to an Ubermensch PC, how could he win exactly?

I can't stand Satele Shan myself, the most bland woman in existence who has the armour of a family name. "I have 16 super duper Republic Battle Cruisers and murdered a whole bunch of Imperials, you won't win."

PC proceeds to win with no showing of boring Jedi lady and her illusory fleet. That and she's a terrible parent, she had no inclination to fire Theron out of a torpedo tube. Absolutely terrible parenting, now I have to put up with him.

DISCLAIMER: Stuff it, you know the drill by now.....
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

JattaGin
10.06.2017 , 08:54 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
So, what I gather from this thread and more recent posts that whatever they name the servers there are still some who will dislike whatever name it is.
This is what you took out of all those threads? Quite a stretch, if you ask me. *

There are some who dislike Malgus as he fell to an Ubermensch PC, how could he win exactly?
I see you read the Empire-funded version of the Galac History book.

That and she's a terrible parent, she had no inclination to fire Theron out of a torpedo tube. Absolutely terrible parenting, now I have to put up with him.
Agreed. But aren't you one of those who married him and are decorating your stronghold together for all the offsprings you gonna create? (There are so many on this board, I don't remember all their names.)

Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

AndriusAjax
10.06.2017 , 01:38 PM | #249
I find it hard to believe that people would play more or less on a server bc of the name lol.

And while I also find it hard to believe that anyone would be offended by the phrase 'hot prospect', it does not surprise me that someone SAID it offended them..

thats the problem today.. no one is actually offended - they just like pointing out how one might be offended. Its like they think they get points for identifying what is potentially offensive
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative

orangenee
10.06.2017 , 01:53 PM | #250
This is what you took out of all those threads? Quite a stretch, if you ask me. *

See disclaimer

I see you read the Empire-funded version of the Galac History book.

It's the only version worth reading, the Pub version has too many ponies and rainbows in it

Agreed. But aren't you one of those who married him and are decorating your stronghold together for all the offsprings you gonna create? (There are so many on this board, I don't remember all their names.)

No, I'm not one of those lunatics. Troy Baker gets too much work.

*Mic drop*
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn