Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthScruffy
10.05.2017 , 02:41 PM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
You've heard of instances?
That works assuming they actually go back and revisit that topic. Mostly, they just need to instance Korik.

IoNonSoEVero
10.05.2017 , 02:44 PM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by rangergoliath View Post
Ok, I'm sure you guys probably discussed this at some point....

If you combine all servers into 1 and the daily's are already being fought over, people undercutting each other, taking your goal out so you have to wait in line for the respawn is already happening, then when it finally does respawn someone who can click just a bit faster takes it from you, I've seen it happening, it's happened to me, friends. Already lost a few friends who rage quit because of this garbage.

Won't combining all the servers turn this already conflicting problem into a major full out war? We're already tapped out on daily's with the current server amounts, jamming them into 1 is going to cause more strife, more harassment messages, more rage quitters, which means less paying players, you did think of this, right?

Maybe it's a good idea to turn all planets into a single player only zone, like you did with KOTFE, or flashpoints, then you can invite whomever you want and daily's aren't being fought over constantly.
I really hope this is something that is being actively looked at. Shorter respawn times, more instanced areas and always lit clickable mission objects will help a lot in this regard. Otherwise many daily, heroic and open areas may become totally unplayable, and unpleasant.

Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 02:47 PM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
That works assuming they actually go back and revisit that topic. Mostly, they just need to instance Korik.
Well instances on planets are mostly set at max 50 players per instance. Also in the livestream they indicated that they were looking at some of the respawn timers of specific heroics objectives.

It's good to keep an eye on something like this but there were times that we had multiple instances on most planets and it worked back then as well. Let's see how it goes.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Beyrahl
10.05.2017 , 04:42 PM | #664
Hey Keith or Eric.

About names, I get the lay out you've put up, inactive of 90 days and if they're also under level 10 they'll auto lose a name dispute. That's great, I win some of my names on some servers with no competition because of this.

However what are you doing about people who've achieved past level 10? There are inactive people with my names that probably haven't played since 1.0 or even beta. I think the chances are slim they have more play time than me, but some of my alts don't have THAT much playtime really will most likely be beaten, so it's possible for someones main from 1.0 to win a name over my alt. I'd hate that a lot.

Hopefully people who've not played in 180 days regardless of level? Might auto lose a name dispute? Or would you like this to be intended, the players who don't play anymore but achieved over 10 to reserve names if they played more ages ago?

Any further information specifically on people above level 10 with same name disputes would be greatly appreciated!

ZambedosNB
10.05.2017 , 05:36 PM | #665
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You don't need to worry as you'll have access to all of your characters even if you were over the Max count. If we need to offer a substantial discount for additional character slots, we'll make that happen.

-Keith--
You should! It's been almost a year since the last character slot sale, and I've been waiting.

DarthSpuds
10.05.2017 , 06:00 PM | #666
Nice to see that "being on hand to answer questions and address concerns" actually means abandoning the thread after a few posts that didn't even address any of the real concerns.

Lots of talk about being more communicative, no actual evidence of it happening; the last reply being 2 days ago.

Leopards and spots comes to mind.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Tmanarl
10.05.2017 , 07:34 PM | #667
Thanks for the update on the roadmap!
Cinnagar 70 Sorcerer | Viceptus 70 Sorcerer | Calvaria 70 Assassin | Shiian 70 Juggernaut | Rolorra 70 Marauder | Sevri 70 Powertech | Maris 70 Operative
Leelu 70 Sage | Mallavik 70 Shadow | Brénn 70 Vanguard | Corrann 70 Sentinal | Lumanni 70 Scoundrel | Baastion 70 Gunslinger

CrazyScruffy
10.05.2017 , 09:31 PM | #668
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Nice to see that "being on hand to answer questions and address concerns" actually means abandoning the thread after a few posts that didn't even address any of the real concerns.

Lots of talk about being more communicative, no actual evidence of it happening; the last reply being 2 days ago.

All The Best
actually most of the questions have been answered, repeatedly at that. the failure isn't the devs, its the player base not actually taking the time to read or listen to the answers

Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 10:30 PM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post

All The Best
Well, Keith did spend quite a while answering questions after the stream.
I don't know how busy they are at the office, but they are at work and they can't just sit around being on the forums all day. I suspect most people can't when they are at work.

I'm sure it's been a busy week for all of them. The roadmap does proof that they have been doing quite a bit over the past however long.
I think you're making yourself more angry, spuds. A break will do you good I think. And I don't mean that in a rude way.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

ceciltaru
10.06.2017 , 07:38 AM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well instances on planets are mostly set at max 50 players per instance. Also in the livestream they indicated that they were looking at some of the respawn timers of specific heroics objectives.

It's good to keep an eye on something like this but there were times that we had multiple instances on most planets and it worked back then as well. Let's see how it goes.
The instances referenced here would be content, not the number of people on a planet/fleet/etc...

For example, the Possessed Hunter HEROIC on DK, is not instanced, with a 5 minute respawn on the target. Because some people don't group up, it can take a long time to actually do this.

I can't see them redoing the instances for the Saving Face HEROIC on Corsucant or the Mutations Heroic on Taris because there are already instances tied to those heroics, but they could definitely fix the respawn timer on the enemies.