Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are people prepared to possibly lose decorations when the servers merge?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are people prepared to possibly lose decorations when the servers merge?

Jett-Rinn
10.05.2017 , 09:03 PM | #21
I pretty much have made my peace with whatever happens I'm fully prepared to lose my names and decorations. I just hope after all is said and done we actually start having GM's in game and Fleet chat is no longer such a toxic wasteland.

I know it's probably too much to expect, but it may be easier since they have fewer servers to manage.

xordevoreaux
10.05.2017 , 09:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
I pretty much have made my peace with whatever happens I'm fully prepared to lose my names and decorations. I just hope after all is said and done we actually start having GM's in game and Fleet chat is no longer such a toxic wasteland.

I know it's probably too much to expect, but it may be easier since they have fewer servers to manage.
Me too. I've calculated I'll lose about 2000 cartel coins in decorations from stuff directly bought off the Cartel Market. Yes, that's a lot, but at this point I value what we'll get out of the merge more.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

CrazyScruffy
10.05.2017 , 09:37 PM | #23
but you do realize you will keep all SHs, even if it is over the limit. and if they all come with their decos, you would keep your 5 kiosks. they are not merging all SHs into one. so no, I don't expect any deco to be lost. the only issue that will come into play where you will lose any decos, if you are over the limit of said deco. and that is only if they don't raise the cap on how many each deco you can have

Ratajack
10.05.2017 , 10:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
but you do realize you will keep all SHs, even if it is over the limit. and if they all come with their decos, you would keep your 5 kiosks. they are not merging all SHs into one. so no, I don't expect any deco to be lost. the only issue that will come into play where you will lose any decos, if you are over the limit of said deco. and that is only if they don't raise the cap on how many each deco you can have
It appears that you do not fully understand what is likely to happen.

Please go back and carefully re-read what has been written, several times, if necessary.

If Johnny now has 5 kiosks that he purchased, spread out over 5 legacies. Each legacy has one kiosk in it's available decorations. When the servers are merged, the new server will show only ONE kiosk available, even though Johnny purchased FIVE of them. Even if all of the kiosks are placed and he has 5 kiosks placed, he can never move any of them or he will lose the first four he tries to move.

I can explain it, and I have done so several times, but I cannot understand it for you.

CrazyScruffy
10.05.2017 , 10:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
It appears that you do not fully understand what is likely to happen.

Please go back and carefully re-read what has been written, several times, if necessary.

If Johnny now has 5 kiosks that he purchased, spread out over 5 legacies. Each legacy has one kiosk in it's available decorations. When the servers are merged, the new server will show only ONE kiosk available, even though Johnny purchased FIVE of them. Even if all of the kiosks are placed and he has 5 kiosks placed, he can never move any of them or he will lose the first four he tries to move.

I can explain it, and I have done so several times, but I cannot understand it for you.

good call on rereading it again. it seems you are correct. hopefully there will be a fix for this.

CaptRogue
10.05.2017 , 10:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
If Johnny now has 5 kiosks that he purchased.
Jeeze just let Johnny worry about his Kiosks on his own. Quit harassing him!
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

SithEmpress
10.05.2017 , 10:49 PM | #27
My sister and I were talking about this last night. For example, I bought serval items directly off the GNT/cartel market on separate servers but overall I'm going to end up at a net loss because I'm stuck with the cap for my highest number of a given decoration. Yes, I can keep them where they are forever, but that still means I lose them if I accidentally move the decoration or close a stronghold down to get a new one. This is unfair, thankfully most of the one I bought was with in-game credits and I only bought a few bundles of decorations with my cartel coins. I feel bad for players that may have bought more price items, even if they paid with in-game credit as some these decorations cost millions. I would be mad if I bought those Rep decoration bundles, painting bundles, or Christmas one on multiple servers, as these aren't that cheap. Let alone if you paid millions to get a rare decoration on two servers now you only have one of them. I think they need to make sure the system counts how many decorations a person actually has in all their house.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

xordevoreaux
10.06.2017 , 06:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEmpress View Post
My sister and I were talking about this last night. For example, I bought serval items directly off the GNT/cartel market on separate servers but overall I'm going to end up at a net loss because I'm stuck with the cap for my highest number of a given decoration. Yes, I can keep them where they are forever, but that still means I lose them if I accidentally move the decoration or close a stronghold down to get a new one. This is unfair, thankfully most of the one I bought was with in-game credits and I only bought a few bundles of decorations with my cartel coins. I feel bad for players that may have bought more price items, even if they paid with in-game credit as some these decorations cost millions. I would be mad if I bought those Rep decoration bundles, painting bundles, or Christmas one on multiple servers, as these aren't that cheap. Let alone if you paid millions to get a rare decoration on two servers now you only have one of them. I think they need to make sure the system counts how many decorations a person actually has in all their house.
I actually consider myself lucky now despite the 2k coin loss worth of decos I'm expecting.
I had been hunting around various servers for another life day fireplace to put on a server other than where I have 2 already, and in the same set of servers that would be merged together. 25m was too rich for me to buy the fireplace so I held off.

Lucky me.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

ceciltaru
10.06.2017 , 08:07 AM | #29
And this is why they should've made CM decorations account unlocks like armor, weapons, and mounts, with an interface to purchase additional ones similar to the guild interface.

Unfortunately, there is no way for them to determine how the decoration was purchased or unlocked, so there is no good solution for this.

For example, I made the decision some time after strongholds were released, that CM decorations would be unlocked on my main server, and then a character transferred to any server i was going to play on, so that those same decorations could be unlocked there.

So if you would think a solution such as, they can tell what CM decorations a person has unlocked, and could add those at least for unlocked, well unfortunately my example would show the flaw there. Because if I had 1 spa on my main unlocked, transferred a character to the other servers that will make up Star Forge for example, then after the merge, I would have 5 spas unlocked, even though i did nothing to get the other 4.

I do sympathize with the situation, especially for those decorations from CM packs or bundles.

LunaticFringer
10.06.2017 , 08:19 AM | #30
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work like it does when you xfer from one server to the next though?

IE... if I've added anything to my legacy on TEH and I went to Shadowlands... it usually bumped up any decos I had from TEH and carried them over to Shadowlands. Likewise if I bought and used anything there and took it back-- it increased that number on TEH.

To me, I'd think that'd mean Johnny should get all five of his GTN Kiosks in the example. Not just one.

I hope that's right for the merge-- if not... yeah... that is gonna suck for many people. But I have to think it'd work like regular transfers Unless redundant. IE... you just had one GTN Kiosk and bounced around servers via xfer. Then you'd still only have one GTN Kiosk upon merger.
"The Utinni must flow!" ~JÓlen Storm, The Star Forge!
Refer a Friend Link
The Dream is Playable Jawas and a Twerking Emote!