Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth getting a companion to lv 50 to farm heroics?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is it worth getting a companion to lv 50 to farm heroics?

Mashugana
09.20.2017 , 01:38 PM | #11
Thanks all - lots to consider and do

JediQuaker
09.21.2017 , 08:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Note - as a Sorcerer - if I recall - you can get Talos Drelik, Xalek, and/or Khem Val back through Alliance Alerts (after KoFE). They would have the same influence level as before when you get them back. So you may just want to do the Alerts rather than level up someone new.
.... and you can get any of your old companions back through the terminal in your Odessen base. They will have the influence level they had before KoFE.

SteveTheCynic
09.21.2017 , 10:21 AM | #13
Note - as a Sorcerer - if I recall - you can get Talos Drelik, Xalek, and/or Khem Val back through Alliance Alerts (after KoFE). They would have the same influence level as before when you get them back. So you may just want to do the Alerts rather than level up someone new.
You don't get back Khem Val. You get a different Dashade. I've only done that alert on one character, but she is a Commando, so the other Dashade came in at rank 1 anyway.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Viperswhip
10.05.2017 , 04:32 PM | #14
It feels very doable, if not time wasting and arthritis inducing to get comps to 40, since just playing at cap for a few days will make you a millionaire.

Your companion is super tanky in such a state no matter which mode they are in, so if you don't need any healing, DPS is the best spec and they will wreck stuff. 50 is just for...well, I don't know, it costs like 1.3 million to do 40-50, and the difference is marginal, but I still plan to take Nadia to 50 if I ever see her again.

BenduKundalini
10.05.2017 , 06:38 PM | #15
Unless you command your comp to attack, most mobs will be dead before your comp bothers to do something about them. Because a comp desn't attack. It only retaliates. Once you've been hit.

Zarahemla
10.08.2017 , 03:10 PM | #16
Now that there will be mega servers, there will be more competition in the pvp instances, while you are running your heroics. So while it may be true that you can solo 2+ man heroics by yourself, you may want to have a level 50 companion if you plan to solo fellow players while doing heroics.
Looking to play or be refered to this game? Use this link.

EndlessWaffles
10.24.2017 , 08:27 AM | #17
It can make them go faster, but the main reason for most people to level up their companions would be for crafting.

KevMeup
11.17.2017 , 02:47 PM | #18
I've got a few parse numbers in my guide to see the difference level makes. In general a companion that could solo 3 enemies can solo 4-5 at 50.

Companions don't level sync the same way a player does, so more presence does increase their stats on any planet. I'd recommend a dual blaster user or Shae vizla since they can swap targets faster than a melee and still do high damage.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

BenduKundalini
11.17.2017 , 03:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
I've got a few parse numbers in my guide to see the difference level makes. In general a companion that could solo 3 enemies can solo 4-5 at 50.

Companions don't level sync the same way a player does, so more presence does increase their stats on any planet. I'd recommend a dual blaster user or Shae vizla since they can swap targets faster than a melee and still do high damage.
WOW, very interesting, thanks !

JediQuaker
11.17.2017 , 04:17 PM | #20
In my experience, having your companion to level 50 does speed up heroics, but not all that much. Basically, anything 20 or over is "adequate". At 50, my Risha can take out some enemies all by herself while I pick up drops.
But, to answer the original question, no, it's not worth it** to spend credits to level your companions to 50 JUST to do heroics. The companion should be level 20+ though.
If you do planetary heroics, you should get Alliance crates, which will have lots of companion gifts in them.

** "worth it" in this case, is open to discussion. It is, after all, only imaginary play money. I think it costs around 2 million credits to take a companion from around 20 to 50 using gifts purchased on the fleet.