Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions regarding Autumn Roadmap 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Questions regarding Autumn Roadmap 2017

AngraMainju
10.05.2017 , 02:24 PM | #1
Ok, so far we know a little more about changes presented in the Roadmap, like the date of patch notes, and that it will present gsf changes, that second maintenance is, in fact, not an update and will not have a patch notes etc.

However I, along with my guildmates and I think at least a significant number of people have still a number of questions surrounding the fall updates. If anyone knows the answer to any of those, I would be more than happy to hear the answers to pass them to other people concerned about the future of this game:

-About new augments and operations: it was written that operation bosses will be scaled down so that nerfed classes will still be able to do them. Does it mean that we can expect ONLY decreases in operation’s difficulty along with introduction of higher augments (and, therefore, higher than expected dps and hps numbers)? How exactly new augments will work- will they be placed in current MK-10 slots, or new, MK-11 slots will be necessary? How to obtain them- I know it will be through a new flashpoint, with new currency, but what about crafting them? Will we have to buy new schematics from that fp vendor? What materials will be needed to craft them- the same as current BIS augments or a new material, obtainable only from fp will be used?
-Future conquest changes: I know it is probably very early to talk about that, but it was mentioned that the changes are aimed at making dailies more relevant. With United Forces, we can probably expect growth of the biggest guilds, making for smaller ones even more difficult to compete. Could anyone tell me, at the very least, wether it is something that you want to address during conquest changes? Do you consider the impact of boosting conquest points into making playing field less skewed towards the biggest guilds and against smaller but probably better coordinated guilds?
-New PvP map is cross-faction, and it was admitted that making current maps cross-faction is something that is being worked on. What about PvE content? In the Fall Roadmap there is a mention of gf revamp. Does it include cross-faction queue? Do you consider implementation of cross-faction gameplay in ANY form in PvE (Ops, Flashpoints, Uprisings etc.)?
-In the entire roadmap utility adjustments were mentioned only once. They are supposed to be introduced in 5.6, in one and a half month. Will they include only nerfs to the currently best performing classes, improvements for the least performing ones, or a bit of both? How much earlier will we know about it?
-In the roadmap the timeframe for finishing the new operations is “Early 2018” for last two bosses, but in new content that 5.6 will bring to us one new boss is mentioned. Will both bosses be introduced in early 2018, or one in November and the last one in next year?
-At the end of the roadmap there is a mention of “early 2018”. Could you specify that? January? February? March? April?

I am looking forward to hear answers to any of those.
Rague - Scoundrel Sawbones
Black Rosa - Commando Combat Medic
Legendary Scumbags

ceciltaru
10.05.2017 , 03:43 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AngraMainju View Post
-Future conquest changes: I know it is probably very early to talk about that, but it was mentioned that the changes are aimed at making dailies more relevant. With United Forces, we can probably expect growth of the biggest guilds, making for smaller ones even more difficult to compete. Could anyone tell me, at the very least, wether it is something that you want to address during conquest changes? Do you consider the impact of boosting conquest points into making playing field less skewed towards the biggest guilds and against smaller but probably better coordinated guilds?
i'm only going to address this part, because I believe you misunderstood the little blurb about this from blog post.

Quote:
An upgraded Conquest system and new Daily Activity system with great rewards
i'm hoping this is more along the lines of, heres a daily activity for you to do, during the conquest week.

For example, during bounty week:
Tuesday - 1. go kill the Tatooine kingpin. 2. go kill a henchman on any world
Wednesday - 1. go kill the Alderaan kingpin

For relic of the gree:
Tuesday -- go do one of the daily activities for the event
Wednesday -- go kill the Eyeless in 8/16 story mode

Take a crafting week right now, you have people spam a whole bunch of war supplies or invasion forces, usually on Monday, so that when they log in on tuesday, they hit their personal target, and thats it,.

What if crafting was made relevant again for any conquest week. what if on the non-crafting weeks, you have a daily activity that pops up 2 times, like on wednesday and saturday that says, craft 10 war supplies. or another daily activity that says, craft 5 prefabs.

at least they are looking at changes to the conquest system, and hopefully they will make it where small and large guilds can compete with each other.

Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 03:48 PM | #3
They already said the new augments fit in the Mk-10 slots.

Also boss fights won't be scaled down, they will look at it and do it if necessary. It's not a given, it's conditional.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

AngraMainju
10.05.2017 , 03:58 PM | #4
Thank you for answering my questions.

About conquest i thought they said something about it being kinda big, but maybe it was just my imagination...
Rague - Scoundrel Sawbones
Black Rosa - Commando Combat Medic
Legendary Scumbags

CrazyScruffy
10.05.2017 , 04:00 PM | #5
cross faction is something they will talk about, but not being planned right. Fixes to conquest we will see. But it does not relate to Daily planets, that was a separate thing. they are looking to make them more appealing to the base of players. Like reducing prices for iokath, and increasing rewards for doing them.

So yes changes to conquest, I'm guessing its the Farming an op boss with 40 toons and not completing the whole thing.

as for nerfs and buffs, now that classes are performing where they want them too, they will look into buffing ones that need them, or nerfing things some more.

as you can see this is the Autumn road map... just wait till Nov, December and you will see the Winter roadmap.

but as for all your questions, they have been answered in great detail by the devs. just have to take the time to find them

Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 04:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AngraMainju View Post
Thank you for answering my questions.

About conquest i thought they said something about it being kinda big, but maybe it was just my imagination...
There's a major overhaul or something coming to conquest but that's not till next year.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.