Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP'ers Should be Accommodated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP'ers Should be Accommodated

RobertFKennedyUS
10.04.2017 , 06:36 PM | #21
Am sitting on Harb Imp Fleet chat and something I saw reminded me of this thread:

So a well-known troll on Harb (for months or longer) says this on fleet chat: "look at this f****t rper here. role playing as a girl. what a f*g."

I'd name him, but it's probably against the rules.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

RobertFKennedyUS
10.05.2017 , 12:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Who said anything about bottling them up? I simply suggested a way they can RP in 100% peace.
You did, by suggesting channel commands as the solution. In any case, like I mentioned 95% of those commands are probably broken anyway.

You should try it.
No, you should. It's a terrible idea, but it's your terrible idea. It says a lot about you that you make a suggestion that the solution is channel commands and you have no interest of even informing yourself if those channel commands actually work.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 12:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
You did, by suggesting channel commands as the solution. In any case, like I mentioned 95% of those commands are probably broken anyway.
I never said any such thing, I offered a possible solution, which is a helluva lot more than you've done. And like I mentioned, last post on this subject they seemed to be working, but please don't let facts stand in the way of your whining.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

xordevoreaux
10.05.2017 , 12:59 PM | #24
I am thinking this might help RPers a little bit:

Create your very own, password protected, chat channel!!!
Or instead of having to refer to a list of 19 slash commands just to play the game the way they want to, give them their RP instance already.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

CaptainBlackjack
10.05.2017 , 01:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Twelfthdoctor View Post
In my experience on EbHawk, RP is conducted through /say and /emote, rather than general, which is considered an OOC channel, so non-RPers ((and folks just not currently in a scene)) have a place for their chat. As to the convention to convention protection... historically RP-based servers have at least a plurality of the population who joined for the purpose of being around or participating in RP, whereas attempting to RP on other servers can often be met with player-bashing, trolling, and such; no one likes AFKers in pvp who just sit around and trash talk, same goes for RP activities and folks spamming abilities and making crude remarks/ covering everyone in vehicles.

The main fear, founded or not, is that the consolidation removes the social contract of ''I join this server knowing that it is meant to support an RP community, and I don't mind them being around and doing their thing''. Is it official? No, not any more, with the removal of server tags, but it is still the general consensus on an RP server to report/ not actively encourage trolling of RPers, whereas that support network can be absent in other servers.
Yes this is well said and to the point best post I have read for what the RP community faces.
“I find your lack of faith disturbing."

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 01:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Or instead of having to refer to a list of 19 slash commands just to play the game the way they want to, give them their RP instance already.
One that anyone can join? How is that any different than just being in one of the other two instances exactly? You still have the same Fleet chat or the same planet chat...so what does this accomplish exactly?
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 01:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Thank you Tux for trying to help the community. It’s a shame some people can’t see you have good intentions.
Thank you...

Totemdancer
10.05.2017 , 01:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I think you might mean own RP channel as well because you can still see gen chat even if you are in the pvp instance.
In which case, all you need to do is set up your own custom chat channel and you don’t need either 😉

Shwarzchild
10.05.2017 , 01:39 PM | #29
I genuinely don't understand the issue. There seems to already be ways to have safe spaces to role play. Make server wide chat channels, use guild chat, stronghold privacy.
Warstalker Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

jimmorrisson
10.05.2017 , 01:48 PM | #30
I am not a role player. However it is my concern that those who are will drop the game all together.

All RP servers (at the very least North American ones) should be merged with Ebon Hawk. PVP instances have shown dedicated server instances are not utilized.

As someone who started out on Shadowlands and still has a main there - griefing will occur. The only reason why Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant are described as "chill" by others is due to their populations declining as Galactic Command wore on.

There is enough population to have a mega-East Coast PVE server and a mega-RP Server for both coasts (Ebon Hawk already hosts APAC role players).

Since Ebon Hawk is near Harbinger-size, many non-RP'ers make their home there due to the server's population size. East Coast players who migrated to Harbinger and Ebon Hawk will migrate to the East Coast Mega Server.

In closing there should be three servers for America:

East Coast Mega Server
West Coast Mega Server
RP Mega Server for East and West Coasts.