Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith almost said it.

Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 09:44 AM | #21
I never really appreciate the "I've done it so everyone can do it" type of sentiment.

At the same time I have to say that getting your characters to 300 is neither hard nor difficult...it's a matter of time played and repetition. So the fight is against boredom not any difficulty in game.

I also am not a fan of this system that basically rewards showing up more than overcoming challenges.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anybody their gear, but I do have a problem with actually achieving something with any difficulty is not appreciated by this reward system.

I took a few months of this year...4 months I think. I have 1 character at 300 and one more at 250 ish. I am just not motivated to care about GC. I could do the GF op 3-4 times in an evening, but I think once is enough because, well, I've done em 100 times already and since SM is completely unchallenging to me, I sometimes actually have situations where I'm healing and my mind wanders off only to snap out of it to remind myself I was actually doing something.

So my progression is slow by my choice. Getting 248 gear is just not even on my radar at the moment. Why would I? 242 is enough and the value of achieving BiS gear has been taken away because any guy can get it with their eyes closed. It's meaningless.

Sure the nerfs came in but for HM it's definitely more than enough and for NiM...well, let's see if I can find a group who wants to do that again that's not a hardcore group (don't care much for that atmosphere). So as long as I don't do too much of it I can enjoy some ops here and there and basically I went back to leveling new characters in the vanilla story.

I could get 300 on all my toons. But really, I just don't really care about it enough to do PvP or wait for RNG to grace me with the right 248 pieces. My 300 toon has one piece so far. Yay?

Getting UCs from disintegration might do the trick. Then I can actually work towards something again. That's the bad thing about RNG gearing like this. There is no plan, it's just waiting on luck. That's not my style.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

SolarSaenz
10.05.2017 , 09:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
God I hope this is true...this would be awesome!!!
I hope it's true too! If it is true, I hope they don't gamble all the extra budget on RNG boxes and get only green loot

Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 09:45 AM | #23
God I hope this is true...this would be awesome!!!
I second that!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Jdast
10.05.2017 , 09:46 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Well, here's my take on that.

IF I were being paid by Bioware to play SWTOR I would have 10 or more CXP 300 toons by now.

But as I HAVE TO PAY for the "privilege" of playing one of the worst MMORPG grinds outside of Korean-Grinders my highest CXP toon is currently at CXP 50 or so. And having opened that many RNG crates and got exactly nothing of any use to my Toon I decided that Bioware were taking the p^%$ and stopped playing.

All The Best
Your post is factually incorrect. You don't have to pay. Go to your account options, and click unsubscribe. And, how about you recognize that (despite your disparaging remarks about the game) we are sentient beings who can decide for ourselves.

It's just not that complicated.

Imagine a world where you don't have to pay for things you don't like!

All the REALLY best,

Dasty

Gelious
10.05.2017 , 10:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I kind of get the impression that they got okay'd for a budget increase from EA, hence all the new server hardware going in. I'm hoping that it continues to have an impact on development, and loosens up the devs to actually dev more.
Riiight. I suppose you actually seen this fabled new hardware? Maybe you were there, when they bought it? Do you have screenshots?

You are all so optimistic, yet all you have are dev's words. Not the most reliable source of information.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Quraswren
10.05.2017 , 10:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I kind of get the impression that they got okay'd for a budget increase from EA, hence all the new server hardware going in. I'm hoping that it continues to have an impact on development, and loosens up the devs to actually dev more.
I hope thats true but I can't put much stock in that till something more significant happen in terms of content.

3 OPS bosses in 12 months is pretty pathetic and the tiny amount of content we have gotten so far and planned for the rest of the year is pretty slim to boot.

As far as new hardware goes. Didn't we just migrate to some new hardware a short while ago and things actually seemed worse around here hardware wise?

I hope you're right but I wouldn't take that bet if we were betting on it.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 10:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
You are all so optimistic, yet all you have are dev's words. Not the most reliable source of information.
It beats 4chan...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

GuardianElite
10.05.2017 , 10:10 AM | #28
It beats 4chan...
LOL. Ok that actually made me laugh.
<Last of the Guardians>

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 10:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by GuardianElite View Post
LOL. Ok that actually made me laugh.
BUCKET LIST

Make GuardianElite laugh

All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Mutiny
10.05.2017 , 10:20 AM | #30
Well I have to add that since the increase in daily xp I have leveled up my command rank on my toons. I think its easy now. Before, I just had no interest. I hope the xp stays the same. If not well, I tried to make the most of it, and got a lot of gear bits for toons.

I also enjoyed the live stream by the way