Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith almost said it.

Suzsi
10.05.2017 , 08:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GuardianElite View Post
In response I will say (and this was an addition Eric added to my question on the stream) Keith plays on his own time and on his own dime.

I can attest to that having worked in the field before. Programmers and managers do not have the time to enjoy the game they are working on while they are at the office. You would actually be surprised how time just seems to slip away with all of the planning sessions and meetings, not to mention implementation. And honestly, that is a smaller portion of the business day the actual execution.

Meetings and planning sessions seem to eat up every moment of everyday if BioWare Austin is anything like the technology firm I used to work for.
My other halfs a game programmer and whilst the games he works on are often on his screen it's not to play them per-say but to teat something very specific programmed is working/still working/fixed depending on what the go is at the time, with very little time for deviation from the course. Certainly no time to dig in and do anything productive in terms of game play.

There can be at times a lot of production discussions but more often then not what he is looking at is lines of code... more lines of code and... even more lines of code !

supertimtaf
10.05.2017 , 08:53 AM | #12
In response I will say (and this was an addition Eric added to my question on the stream) Keith plays on his own time and on his own dime.
Honestly, it is very well possible to grind 10 character to lvl 300 since the start of 5.0
The main thing about this though is that it isn't "fun" enough for most players to actually do it. It is possible, of course, but the lack of incentive, or fun while doing it is what takes peoples away from this. The reward found in doing that isn't interesting enough for peoples to go grind CXP.
It is also the reason why so many rushed through the daily with the bug, because this content was fun again, because of higher population, higher interaction between players, the ease to open thirty crates at once... All of this is fun, sure. Still, it can become boring in the end, because you essentially do the same thing over and over. I was one of the first to use this intensive grind, I was also one of the first to stop it, because I didn't found any enjoyment in that anymore.

If Keith find this CXP grind fun enough for him to grind 10 characters at rank 300 then cool for him. Still, the majority of the playerbase don't exactly find it that appealing, which I can completely understand.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

DuchessKristania
10.05.2017 , 08:59 AM | #13
I've never actually been able to catch a livestream. Was it also recorded and posted somewhere?

Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 09:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
I've never actually been able to catch a livestream. Was it also recorded and posted somewhere?
Should still be there on their twitch.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

bdatt
10.05.2017 , 09:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
My Sub was a 3 Month sub, was due to run out on the last day of September. To extend my posting privileges I clicked on TUX's Referral Link and got an extra 7 days, taking me to 7th October.

Depending on the Forum Reset AFTER that date I could, theoretically end up with another 7 days posting after 7th October, because we are only "logged out" of the Forums when they take them down with a Server restart.

I haven't resubbed, I've just used well known (to long term players at least) methods to extend my posting privileges.

All The Best
The first three pages of your posting history suggest otherwise but maybe you just had the wrong date in there for months. Anyway, no shame in paying to forum troll I guess.

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 09:13 AM | #16
That's the word I was missing:

FUN

It was fun. The whole attitude seemed to be different for some reason, compared to streams we had in the past. Like some weight had been lifted off the team or they had reached a place where they were just kicking back and kind of enjoying the moment.
This is a really good observation...you're right. The entire stream seemed "hopeful"...something that has been missing for a couple years around here.

Good post!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

SaerethDL
10.05.2017 , 09:29 AM | #17
actually he said he has 12 lvl 300 cxp and most with 242 gear or above.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing.You will forever stand alone."
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE

Darkside
10.05.2017 , 09:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
This is a really good observation...you're right. The entire stream seemed "hopeful"...something that has been missing for a couple years around here.

Good post!
I kind of get the impression that they got okay'd for a budget increase from EA, hence all the new server hardware going in. I'm hoping that it continues to have an impact on development, and loosens up the devs to actually dev more.
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

O=============================O

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

SolarSaenz
10.05.2017 , 09:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Honestly, it is very well possible to grind 10 character to lvl 300 since the start of 5.0
The main thing about this though is that it isn't "fun" enough for most players to actually do it. It is possible, of course, but the lack of incentive, or fun while doing it is what takes peoples away from this. The reward found in doing that isn't interesting enough for peoples to go grind CXP.
It is also the reason why so many rushed through the daily with the bug, because this content was fun again, because of higher population, higher interaction between players, the ease to open thirty crates at once... All of this is fun, sure. Still, it can become boring in the end, because you essentially do the same thing over and over. I was one of the first to use this intensive grind, I was also one of the first to stop it, because I didn't found any enjoyment in that anymore.

If Keith find this CXP grind fun enough for him to grind 10 characters at rank 300 then cool for him. Still, the majority of the playerbase don't exactly find it that appealing, which I can completely understand.
Yesterday after work, I decided to play. I had a choice. I could play my lv 70 sage and continue the grind from like CR 80 as many CR levels possible with all the CXP boosts and do dalies. Or, I could level up (regular levels) my somewhat new Shadow. Because I wanted to have fun, I leveled up my Shadow. I did the Taral V and Maelstrom FPs (the Jedi Prisoner quest), and had fun. Dalies can be fun, but trying to work through all the dalies with the bug feels like "work". And I wanted to have fun, not work.

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 09:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I kind of get the impression that they got okay'd for a budget increase from EA, hence all the new server hardware going in. I'm hoping that it continues to have an impact on development, and loosens up the devs to actually dev more.
God I hope this is true...this would be awesome!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)