Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AscendingSky
10.05.2017 , 08:14 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Oh come on, that was the "excuse" to get it changed...not the true reason.
Yeah, I agree... Musco and the devs were all "Hue hue, what a funny joke" but then people didn't find the joke funny and instead mocked both the server name and Musco/the devs for naming it something so dumb. They pointed out how the name sounded like a strip club instead of a server, speculated on whether naming the server Harbinger was being merged into the 'Hot Prospect' was a critique on the culture of that server (considering the fact the ship with that name in the EU was something of a junker), gave the server nicknames (I personally kept thinking of it and referring to it as 'Hot Pocket'), all that. No one was all that 'offended', from what I saw. Cringing at the juvenile humor of it all, sure, but that's it.

If anything, Musco or the devs might have had their pride and feelings bruised some that other people didn't think their joke (which it obviously was) was as hilarious as they did. Musco flat out said in the livestream yesterday that he pushed for the server to be named that because he thought it was funny, not for it being srs bznz Star Wars lore.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

orangenee
10.05.2017 , 08:15 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Maybe it's my age, but some of the older ladies in the game are very attractive. Satele Shan, She Vizla and Hylo Visz to name but three.
Garza, ....and Zash the elder.... not so much.
Don't get me started on Shae Hotstuff.........
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

VirtualMorrigan
10.05.2017 , 08:38 AM | #203
I would still have found the Hot Prospect a better name than what I will be fored to go to. Why in the name of all that is holy do we get Darth Malgus? I detested him in game, I seriously don't want to see that name on my login screen. Were there really no other memorable sith, for crying out loud..

DarthSpuds
10.05.2017 , 08:44 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
I would still have found the Hot Prospect a better name than what I will be fored to go to. Why in the name of all that is holy do we get Darth Malgus? I detested him in game, I seriously don't want to see that name on my login screen. Were there really no other memorable sith, for crying out loud..
Imagine the meltdown it would have caused if they had called it Darth Jadus.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Tashia
10.05.2017 , 08:45 AM | #205
Thank you so much -- seriously -- much much better !
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

AnisaBadgett
10.05.2017 , 08:49 AM | #206
Thank you for that dose of sanity, BioWare. SWTOR stuff should be named after, you know, SWTOR. The KOTOR nostalgia wears thin, especially after Classic Conversations.

And even as a KOTOR name, it was too obscure for anyone (but 1 person anyway) to care about it.

And for the anti-PC PC police, the real howling was because it was too much like Hot Topic, not your weird fantasies or fetishes.

Besides, now you get to make rude jokes about Satele Shan. You're welcome! [/sarcasm]

Thruine
10.05.2017 , 08:52 AM | #207
They should have renamed it Lana Beniko. Something we all love and adore

Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 08:55 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Thruine View Post
They should have renamed it Lana Beniko. Something we all love and adore
I would have died laughing.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Foambreaker
10.05.2017 , 08:56 AM | #209
Ugh, just one more nail in the empires coffin.

No empire, no sith, no Star Wars.

Lionflash
10.05.2017 , 09:04 AM | #210
I wish the amount of initiative and hustle that went into making "Hot Pocket" trending enough to get it's name changed by BW, was instead focused on other things ...

... like the bugs with PT / VG's grapple / harpoon not working out of combat ...
... or the leap bug ...
... or literally anything useful.