Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Suzsi
10.04.2017 , 04:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthanimus View Post
What was offensive about the name hot prospect? I am clueless :s
How can you not have seen all the innuendo already flying over that server name? Made worse by the fact that one of the rp servers was being merged into there. While it may not effect many it was always going to effect some -- RPers get a bad enough rep as it is because of those who ERP, server name was going to make that 10 times worse- now its one issue that wont be

ThomasStarWars
10.04.2017 , 04:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Not at all, the devs promised they were working on a solution in the latest livestream about the Roadmap and I am confident we can hold them onto their word. I am convinced they are actively working on a solution to shield the RP'ers from trolls, harassment and cyberbullying on the new United Forces servers. If they weren't, why would they adress the issue on the stream?
You will never be able to stop trolls. Whatever they do to "shield you" it won't stop the trolling. Get used to it. I sure have when I role played on the other more popular MMO.

Lunafox
10.04.2017 , 04:33 PM | #23
Yay!

It's nice to see that speaking up about things helps. Thanks for listening.

Ylliarus
10.04.2017 , 04:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
You will never be able to stop trolls. Whatever they do to "shield you" it won't stop the trolling. Get used to it. I sure have when I role played on the other more popular MMO.
Of course no one will ever stop them fully, but that doesn't mean people should just sit around and tolerate them. Yes, ignoring is the best option we have currently but that doesn't mean we can't urge and motivate the developers to create an ever better option for us in the (near) future. Sitting by idly will never help anything
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.04.2017 , 04:34 PM | #25
Derogatory? To who? That's just PC gone insane.

ThomasStarWars
10.04.2017 , 04:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Of course no one will ever stop them fully, but that doesn't mean people should just sit around and tolerate them. Yes, ignoring is the best option we have currently but that doesn't mean we can't urge and motivate the developers to create an ever better option for us in the (near) future. Sitting by idly will never help anything
Remember when they said they would think about the RP'ers prior to there ever being merges? What happened to that?

Ylliarus
10.04.2017 , 04:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
Remember when they said they would think about the RP'ers prior to there ever being merges? What happened to that?
I believe they underestimated the size of the RP community and how many people would turn vocal about it on the forums and other media. I think that is the main reason why the devs didn't think too exstensively of the roleplayers when they discussed the possibility of server merges. The mentality of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" also played a role in that, but with the recent outcry on the forums about it I hope it has motivated the developers to see not only that the RP community is a significant portion of the playerbase, not the biggest but definitely a significant part, but also needs to have some safeguards on the new United Forces servers. Sometimes, if not most times, being vocal gets things done for you :P
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

FlavivsAetivs
10.04.2017 , 04:38 PM | #28
"The Hot Prospect" was a ship Zayne Carrick acquired when he sent Marn Hierogryph (of all people) to purchase a replacement for his old ship.

For reference.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

thirtydollars
10.04.2017 , 04:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by nootsie View Post
So, we go from a hot prospect to a hot m.i.l.f.
Doesn't matter what they call the server, Swtor players will find a way to sexualise/demean it. People are complaining about having to be "on" Darth Malgus.

Jesus christ.

TheDancingHare
10.04.2017 , 04:39 PM | #30
I didn't mind the old name, but it makes me happy to see you listen to players' concerns. Thanks!
No Retreat! Colonel Kazta Khem | Vanguard