Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.04.2017 , 03:58 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

thirtydollars
10.04.2017 , 04:00 PM | #2
You guys cave in too easily and too much.

DenariusJay
10.04.2017 , 04:03 PM | #3
lol, so what was all that "We can't change it now, it would be too hard" about in the stream? Either way, thanks. I wasn't all that thrilled about the name, and it was kind of depressing to read people actually planning to transfer away from the server just because of the name. I like Satele Shan alot better - not the most creative choice, but better.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

DieAlteHexe
10.04.2017 , 04:03 PM | #4
To counter...it's good that you listened on this. It was apparently a real sticking point with some and I'm sure they'll be happy to see that it's no longer an issue.

But...I'll bet that now there will be shouting for Darth Marr!
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Tatanka
10.04.2017 , 04:05 PM | #5
That server name went from zero to hero (literally) in twelve parsecs!
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"
Click this not obnoxiously sized referral to add 7 days to your sub, a free server transfer, a jumpstart bundle, and more!
I get stuff,
you get stuff, we both save the galaxy!

Methylium
10.04.2017 , 04:06 PM | #6
Lame.

ThomasStarWars
10.04.2017 , 04:15 PM | #7
Should have been EXAR KUN!

chisatq
10.04.2017 , 04:18 PM | #8
but I just reached the acceptance part of my grieving!

Suzsi
10.04.2017 , 04:21 PM | #9
YESSSSS

Thank you!! Also perfect name!!

Ylliarus
10.04.2017 , 04:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric
While I will be playing on the Darth Malgus mainly, I am very happy to see you guys have adressed the concerns of the people fearing what the name Hot Prospect might do. I think Satele Shan is a brilliant name and it gives me hope that you will also listen to the concerns of the RP community and take the right steps to ensure RP can happen publically safely and without trolls
There are three things I want to see in this game: the choice to return to our original factions, a lot more class story background flavouring in the narrative and Acina's eye colour as an appearance customization option.
Here is my referral link. Click it and we'll both get nice things!