Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

RagnarAugustus
10.04.2017 , 12:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I can't be bothered with it at the current rate, so I don't think fixing it would do any good.

A significant increase across the board would, however.
I admin that you're gotten my interest. Your statement is a bit vague, is the current rate too little for your, do you think it too much? Why can't you be bothered when you can gear a toon well in a couple of weeks without boosts?

Eomirr_Ravenclaw
10.04.2017 , 12:55 PM | #12
Please keep the dailies until a solution is found. I just came back to the game, and I would like to utilize this once I get to 70.

orangenee
10.04.2017 , 01:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarAugustus View Post
I admin that you're gotten my interest. Your statement is a bit vague, is the current rate too little for your, do you think it too much? Why can't you be bothered when you can gear a toon well in a couple of weeks without boosts?
I've hit tier 3 now and I've started to realise the grind for CXP is turning into a job. I'm not enjoying doing it. The purpose of videogames is enjoyment. It's why I stopped playing JRPGs due to excessive grind in some of them.

It's similar to how I don't understand why some people log in and do nothing but gawk at the GTN. That also seems dangerously close to being a job too.

I want to play a videogame, not take up another job. Hence why I'm just not interested anymore.

Now if they branch it out to more places my interest may increase. However the whole system is flawed, if BW spread all that high end gear throughout the existing content we'd have a videogame again.

Tier 1 through lower end content, Tier 2 through intermediate content and 3 and 4 through high end stuff.

One more thing as well, I hate PUGs and my guilds have precious few members these days, even getting the active members talking is a struggle never mind grouping up. So that kinda renders grinding CXP pointless too.

Maybe the mergers will improve the latter situation, I guess we'll see. For now CXP is grinding for the sake of grinding, so I'm not doing it.

Tl;Dr : CXP = Job so not doing it.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Christie_Swift
10.04.2017 , 02:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
With all due respect but they're on a big project called server merges for the next month and then their next step is to bring out 5.6 a few weeks after that will have some big changes for CXP gain already planned.

I'm sure it sucks for you to have to wait a month or two but I'm thinking that their reaction to this is going to be http://i.lvme.me/jaa7pj5.jpg
Tell that to the number of people doing dailies these days...Don't take my word for it but just go to any dailies and you will see a number of players you never seen before in a single map. At times, there are too many that you need to use a PvP map to finish up a daily. Again, for some probably NOT important but from what I have seen there are a lot more people doing dailies these days than ever before. For them it would be a huge disappointment if this is not thought well before implementing something permanent.
The light shines in the darkness. The darkness does not
extinguish the light.

For great freebies click here http://www.swtor.com/r/79NsBH

revjasonlee
10.04.2017 , 03:01 PM | #15
Keith, you are doing a great job at the moment and you are a very busy man so how about you don't bother "fixing" this "bug" until next year when you have more time? Many, many players have said that this "bug" was the best thing that has happened since CG began.

TheGreatHambino
10.05.2017 , 09:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarAugustus View Post
Amen, the CXP at these levels feels right where it should have been since 5.0 launched because we can gear out main, off spec, and alts in a normal amount of time instead of just exclusively grinding our main. That means that I can finally enjoy the game and do other activities instead of grinding. It also means that I can raid more because I have more than one serviceable toon so I can run group finder on off nights, help my guild's other raid teams when they need a sub and honestly just enjoy the game. As Keith stated, with the increased CXP the players have been happier and honestly from the drastic increase in numbers of players in daily zones more active.
This is exactly how I feel. It's faster to gear through Ops, but the increase in CXP has felt like a fair supplement to the traditional gearing route.

Jedi_riches
10.06.2017 , 02:13 AM | #17
I wish they would too, but since they have already kept it around much longer than they thought they would I can't see it happening as although I will nearly hit my first 300 before it finishes even I have to admit it's disproportionate to the rest of the game currently.

Maybe they would consider reducing it by maybe 25-33% which would still make them worth running but not overly disproportionate any longer. Maybe this could increase again depending on what else they decide to do with the other cxp gain rates.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

kirorx
10.06.2017 , 02:23 AM | #18
It has me doing dailies. That is is all. If the CxP goes down to 25 or something, the pay out will be too low and it will just be back to grinding hammer station/atthis.

It might a bit too high atm but it should be higher than it was before the big. I get a couple levels doing a flashpoint typically, so getting a level or two knocking out a daily area would be comparable

Jedi_riches
10.06.2017 , 02:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
It has me doing dailies. That is is all. If the CxP goes down to 25 or something, the pay out will be too low and it will just be back to grinding hammer station/atthis.

It might a bit too high atm but it should be higher than it was before the big. I get a couple levels doing a flashpoint typically, so getting a level or two knocking out a daily area would be comparable
That's why I said reduce by 25%-33% with player unlocks and consumables you get approx 2500 cxp currently reducing that by a 3rd would give approx 1600 cxp per daily plus once you hit level 300 you will be getting a 100% increase (per the road map) so pre a rank 300 it will grant maybe 2-3 for something like black hole it will jump back to 4-6 once the cxp boost goes to 100%
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Eli_Porter
10.06.2017 , 03:13 AM | #20
They ARE increasing CXP across the board, by up to +75% CXP for sub 300's. They're also giving us another +100% CXP week along with it.

But of course some people just can't have enough and want to put in minimal effort for maximum reward.