Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP'ers Should be Accommodated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP'ers Should be Accommodated

RobertFKennedyUS
10.04.2017 , 10:29 AM | #1
To my understanding, RP'ers on Ebon Hawk engage in role play on general chat. A lot of people will find this to be weird, dumb or a good opportunity for trolling. This will naturally cause conflict and trolling. In so far as RP'ers should be allowed to RP, and in so far as Bioware needs their money, it is therefore stupid to allow this to occur.

Therefore, the easy no-brainer common sense solution is to have some kind of reasonable accommodation to prevent these clashes. It could be a separate RP instance that is augmented by enhanced ignoring and squelching options on that instance.

The wrong thing to do is BW's unfortunate modus operandi of sailing straight into something stupid without showing that it has an interest in averting said stupidity in the future, as well as failing to take prompt action to avoid said stupidity.

P.S. As a player on Harbinger, I would also add that adding role players to Harb is just not going to work and all Harb players know that they won't be able to RP in gen chat.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

Quraswren
10.04.2017 , 10:30 AM | #2
There are a bunch of other threads on the matter. Maybe try one of those since they already have traction and attention and are still on the very front page.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

RobertFKennedyUS
10.04.2017 , 10:32 AM | #3
They are not on the matter, which is a call for RP'ers need to be accommodated. They don't have traction in so far as they are not focused on the need to implement a policy change. I am not interested in merely talking about the issue, but in advocacy of a policy change, and so this thread is appropriate.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

Totemdancer
10.04.2017 , 11:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
They are not on the matter, which is a call for RP'ers need to be accommodated. They don't have traction in so far as they are not focused on the need to implement a policy change. I am not interested in merely talking about the issue, but in advocacy of a policy change, and so this thread is appropriate.
Does that mean you want a discussion with the community or want to suggest it to the Devs. If its a discussion with the community, then the other poster is right. There are multiple other threads going regarding RPers and the coming changes. If its to ask Bioware to change their policy, have you thought about posting it in the suggestions area?

schruby
10.04.2017 , 11:53 AM | #5
Nobody RPs in gen chat...

Yeaaa... no it's really not. There are already threads for this topic, discussing those things and BW already said they're looking into it.
"see ya in ranked buddy" -Some sh*tter from BC

Sabachthanus
10.04.2017 , 12:50 PM | #6
So basically , RPer's will be going from a server where their roleplaying on Fleet is protected by nothing but convention, to a server where their roleplaying on Fleet will be protected by nothing but convention. And they're complaining about it.
How do you know I'm not a Colicoid?

RagnarAugustus
10.04.2017 , 12:54 PM | #7
Policy change? It just sounds like you guys need QOL additions like an RP instance or RP channel in chat. Anything beyond those two items would require separate RP servers which won't happen as it would run counter to the rationale for server mergers.

RagnarAugustus
10.04.2017 , 12:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabachthanus View Post
So basically , RPer's will be going from a server where their roleplaying on Fleet is protected by nothing but convention, to a server where their roleplaying on Fleet will be protected by nothing but convention. And they're complaining about it.
^^^That was my exact thought process as well. It seems like the RP players are making an issue where there is nothing...where the possibility of the unknown is more terrifying than the current known situation. This server merger could very well be a boon to the RP community where you have a big influx of RPer but they won't know until the merger happens.

TUXs
10.04.2017 , 01:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarAugustus View Post
Policy change? It just sounds like you guys need QOL additions like an RP instance or RP channel in chat. Anything beyond those two items would require separate RP servers which won't happen as it would run counter to the rationale for server mergers.
Exactly lol
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

RobertFKennedyUS
10.04.2017 , 01:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Does that mean you want a discussion with the community or want to suggest it to the Devs.
Both. I reject the false choice you present.

Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
If its a discussion with the community, then the other poster is right. There are multiple other threads going regarding RPers and the coming changes. If its to ask Bioware to change their policy, have you thought about posting it in the suggestions area?
No, the other poster is wrong. As I mentioned recently, I am making a specific proposal here, not looking to merely talk about this or that poster's take on what life will be like for RP'ers after the server merger. You seem to be implying that a thread advocating a specific policy is not done in general discussion and I find that suggestion to be highly dubious. Given that the thread is already posted and I do not have powers to move threads, nor would it make sense to re-post the exact same thread in a different sub-forum, your suggestion that I do so is misleading.