Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

TheGreatHambino
10.04.2017 , 10:34 AM | #1
Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.

Christie_Swift
10.04.2017 , 10:37 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatHambino View Post
Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.
I Second that feeling as well. For once it did not feel as too much GRIND but tolerable. Balance first before removing ANY progress. This is NOT an exploit but a betterment of quality of life for players. If they ever care about this game they should take feedback and act upon it too.
The light shines in the darkness. The darkness does not
extinguish the light.

For great freebies click here http://www.swtor.com/r/79NsBH

DieAlteHexe
10.04.2017 , 10:38 AM | #3
I'll add my vote to this. Please, just leave it be until you have something else (not that tedious 75xp bit) to put in place.

Please.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Tsillah
10.04.2017 , 10:39 AM | #4
With all due respect but they're on a big project called server merges for the next month and then their next step is to bring out 5.6 a few weeks after that will have some big changes for CXP gain already planned.

I'm sure it sucks for you to have to wait a month or two but I'm thinking that their reaction to this is going to be http://i.lvme.me/jaa7pj5.jpg
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

DieAlteHexe
10.04.2017 , 10:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
With all due respect but they're on a big project called server merges for the next month and then their next step is to bring out 5.6 a few weeks after that will have some big changes for CXP gain already planned.

I'm sure it sucks for you to have to wait a month or two but I'm thinking that their reaction to this is going to be http://i.lvme.me/jaa7pj5.jpg
Likely so. I guess I misunderstood something that was said earlier (can't remember which of the guys said it) and got the impression that it was something they would have worked out sooner rather than later. In fact, I felt that it would be resolved BEFORE the upcoming "bigger" stuff. I'm too lazy to troll through all these threads to find that and will accept that I had a bad case of "wishful thinking".
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Transcendent
10.04.2017 , 12:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post

There is zero reason for them to "fix" CXP values for dailies before many of the other long standing bugs in this game. I mean if they have the priority of server merges to deal with, fixing CXP values on dailies should be the very last thing on their minds.

Zero reason to do it, it isn't a priority, it made players happier. So why has a developer even spent time doing this? What an utter waste of resources that could have been put to better use somewhere else.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Mutiny
10.04.2017 , 12:25 PM | #7
I have to agree with this. I hadn't even bothered with the whole command thing before this. It was just so slow. Now I have one at 300 and two others nearly there. I still have toons I haven't even started it on yet. Please don't drop it back down to 75.

stalkerofthesith
10.04.2017 , 12:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
There is zero reason for them to "fix" CXP values for dailies before many of the other long standing bugs in this game. I mean if they have the priority of server merges to deal with, fixing CXP values on dailies should be the very last thing on their minds.

Zero reason to do it, it isn't a priority, it made players happier. So why has a developer even spent time doing this? What an utter waste of resources that could have been put to better use somewhere else.
I second that.
MAY THE FORCE SERVE YOU WELL
My Special Referral Code:Here About Referrals: Here What You Get: 7 days FREE sub A Single FREE Character Transfer A Level 65 Character Token A Goody Bundle

orangenee
10.04.2017 , 12:37 PM | #9
I can't be bothered with it at the current rate, so I don't think fixing it would do any good.

A significant increase across the board would, however.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

RagnarAugustus
10.04.2017 , 12:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Christie_Swift View Post
I Second that feeling as well. For once it did not feel as too much GRIND but tolerable. Balance first before removing ANY progress. This is NOT an exploit but a betterment of quality of life for players. If they ever care about this game they should take feedback and act upon it too.
Amen, the CXP at these levels feels right where it should have been since 5.0 launched because we can gear out main, off spec, and alts in a normal amount of time instead of just exclusively grinding our main. That means that I can finally enjoy the game and do other activities instead of grinding. It also means that I can raid more because I have more than one serviceable toon so I can run group finder on off nights, help my guild's other raid teams when they need a sub and honestly just enjoy the game. As Keith stated, with the increased CXP the players have been happier and honestly from the drastic increase in numbers of players in daily zones more active.