Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

NA PvP: Which Server Will You Choose?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
NA PvP: Which Server Will You Choose?

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
10.03.2017 , 01:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jake_Chambers View Post
Iím not playing on a server called ďhot prospectĒ with bc people Iím so star forge
I already petitioned a name change to "Hot Pocket" on change.org and its got 17,000,000 signatures in the first 2 hours.

I'm seeing more and more players that I enjoy playing with/against hinting at Starforged, such as the STI folks.

Likely I'll be on both (Sorc on one and Merc on the other) and then make my decision soon after.

The best cure for solo ranked cancer is having a good group ranked scene, because then you can ignore people like Phobos and they just completely cease to exist.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
10.03.2017 , 09:47 PM | #12
I donít know why anyone would move from Hot Prospect when a large portion of the pvpers are on Harbinger. Why pay to move after the merge? It makes no sense.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
10.03.2017 , 09:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
I already petitioned a name change to "Hot Pocket" on change.org and its got 17,000,000 signatures in the first 2 hours.

I'm seeing more and more players that I enjoy playing with/against hinting at Starforged, such as the STI folks.

Likely I'll be on both (Sorc on one and Merc on the other) and then make my decision soon after.

The best cure for solo ranked cancer is having a good group ranked scene, because then you can ignore people like Phobos and they just completely cease to exist.
Yes, that particular player is a cancer. Iíve have him permanently on ignore so I donít have to see his fleet spam.

brishae's Avatar


brishae
10.03.2017 , 11:24 PM | #14
The Bestion.
Carthy =)

VaceDemon's Avatar


VaceDemon
10.04.2017 , 12:18 AM | #15
the first 3 years of the game, I was on east coast servers simply because that was where I was put because I joined a guild before the game launched. So I stuck it out. didn't really lag too much. Once I moved to harb, I now have 12ms. I will more than likely go to a west coast server for the ping but by then I will be well into bf2 so I may not even care what server i'm on. There's nothing about changes to ranked or anything in the listed roadmap so it's probably going to be more of the same garbage. I won't miss it.
Vace
Harb

House of Purple

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
10.04.2017 , 05:32 AM | #16
I expect bf2 to die in a month just like bf1 did, but I'm also going to try it.

Kinsal's Avatar


Kinsal
10.04.2017 , 06:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
I expect bf2 to die in a month just like bf1 did, but I'm also going to try it.
Still, doesn't change the fact that on a fundamental level the PVP in the game is extremely limited it's basically PVP with training wheels, it's slow response wise, non-interactive it's a current generation MMO designed to compete with a previous generation MMO which severely limits potential going forward it will be the same game as it is today for the life of the game balance swings come and go but the engine "HERO" will be the same which is the issue.

I don't want to turn the post into a negative nancy post, The customer service I have received in the game has been top notch, I know some of the grunts that work on this game and they truly care and do good work despite EA not paying for a proper customer playtest environment. The current designer seems to what to improve the game, actively listens to the player base but the sub numbers are down and concurrent logins are at all time low this is a good old fashion server merge wrap in a event

I'm not expecting you to care it's my opinion but with so few "Whales" supporting this game I know EA/Bioware cares.

Good Luck with whatever server you choose and your future gaming endeavors

Maegi's Avatar


Maegi
10.04.2017 , 06:32 AM | #18
I won't believe anything until the dust has settled. A couple of years ago when PoT5 took a head-shot and went into a coma, everyone voted and said they were all moving to SL for PvP. It was pretty great....for 2 weeks until everyone started moving to Harb. Why? I don't know if anyone really knows? It just happened.
THE DRACUUL LEGACY
The Shadowlands
Abscess Vlaad Thuls'adoom Mits'inest'roga Bhyle Pureh Master'Blaster ISIL Seelentia U'la X'erg Ska'r L'vitate P'ewp Humun'gous Re'nd

Click here for stuff!

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
10.05.2017 , 09:02 AM | #19
Follow ur PING
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

VaceDemon's Avatar


VaceDemon
10.05.2017 , 10:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Maegi View Post
I won't believe anything until the dust has settled. A couple of years ago when PoT5 took a head-shot and went into a coma, everyone voted and said they were all moving to SL for PvP. It was pretty great....for 2 weeks until everyone started moving to Harb. Why? I don't know if anyone really knows? It just happened.
I tried SL for a few day's. I know why ppl left. Everyone was bad. The server must have been home base to bbb or something. Speaking just for pvp of course.
Vace
Harb

House of Purple