Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW Does not care about solo/story players?!?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW Does not care about solo/story players?!?!

Eshvara
10.03.2017 , 11:58 PM | #21
I always find it quite hard to see in general when players don't want things they aren't interested in to be added to the game. I only care for Warzones and Story, but a large portion of people care for group play, what do you think is going to happen when they don't appeal to more players than you and the like minded individual? You won't have a game to play for long.
I don't know how people can be so self absorbed.

In a perfect world we'd always get both at the same time, but that just isn't the case anymore. There will be times when either side will have to wait there turn. It is how it is. Raina Temple is returning, that's one companion of the "away" list, she's being added to the story like we assumed wasn't going to happen anymore, but people are still mad anyway. Yes we don't know how significant it's going to be, but it's a whole lot better than the alliance alert for all we initially thought was going to happen and maybe that whole idea is scrapped. I can't fault people for being skeptical, but for once the Devs seem to want to head into the right direction again, isn't that at least something to be happy about?

The forums seem to have a positive vibe again since the roadmap, I think that's quite a relief, even if most things that it brought don't really appeal to me. Solo/story players, I'm sure we'll be next.

Spoiler
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Suzsi
10.04.2017 , 01:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I always find it quite hard to see in general when players don't want things they aren't interested in to be added to the game. I only care for Warzones and Story, but a large portion of people care for group play, what do you think is going to happen when they don't appeal to more players than you and the like minded individual? You won't have a game to play for long.
I don't know how people can be so self absorbed.

In a perfect world we'd always get both at the same time, but that just isn't the case anymore. There will be times when either side will have to wait there turn. It is how it is. Raina Temple is returning, that's one companion of the "away" list, she's being added to the story like we assumed wasn't going to happen anymore, but people are still mad anyway. Yes we don't know how significant it's going to be, but it's a whole lot better than the alliance alert for all we initially thought was going to happen and maybe that whole idea is scrapped. I can't fault people for being skeptical, but for once the Devs seem to want to head into the right direction again, isn't that at least something to be happy about?

The forums seem to have a positive vibe again since the roadmap, I think that's quite a relief, even if most things that it brought don't really appeal to me. Solo/story players, I'm sure we'll be next.

Spoiler
Honestly this is why I suggested all group content having a story mode thats soloable etc then both sides can benifit at the same time. They could add story to everything inc ops of they just made a story mode version that doesn't include the high end loot -- just repeatable story.

It feels a bit like they dropped the ball with the last flashpoint because although the instance is repeatable the story that goes with it is not. Back to having to level chars right the way through just to see certain aspects of the story again. Thats just not how you do things for story players imo.

Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 01:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Honestly this is why I suggested all group content having a story mode thats soloable etc then both sides can benifit at the same time. They could add story to everything inc ops of they just made a story mode version that doesn't include the high end loot -- just repeatable story.

It feels a bit like they dropped the ball with the last flashpoint because although the instance is repeatable the story that goes with it is not. Back to having to level chars right the way through just to see certain aspects of the story again. Thats just not how you do things for story players imo.
I just don't think they are receiving the recourses to do that.🤔 I think we're getting what we're, getting because this is all they're willing to give us. I'm not talking about BW.

It would be nice to get the story to be repeatable, I thought that's why it was in an FP to begin with.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

ExarSun
10.04.2017 , 01:55 AM | #24
Laughable some of the posts here...lets see if all story/solo players leave, what will happen to the few left narrowthinkers...I personally do all content multiple times for years already, but a whole year without good quality story, because 5 min is not a story is pathethic considering some MMOS deliver it monthly. Yeah...I am not going to do a 1 new OPS for a whole year like a retard or 1 new pvp/gsfl map or 1 new uprising or 1 new flashpoint and be satisfied with the game or have any incentive to stay. I have done all the OPS so many times that I dread doing them anymore so new story is refreshing. I have done so many matches on PVP and GSF...but its grows boring, you cant do that all the time. But I guess we can all go back and play KOTOR and see how it goes.

Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 02:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarSun View Post
Laughable some of the posts here...lets see if all story/solo players leave, what will happen to the few left narrowthinkers...I personally do all content multiple times for years already, but a whole year without good quality story, because 5 min is not a story is pathethic considering some MMOS deliver it monthly. Yeah...I am not going to do a 1 new OPS for a whole year like a retard or 1 new pvp/gsfl map or 1 new uprising or 1 new flashpoint and be satisfied with the game or have any incentive to stay. I have done all the OPS so many times that I dread doing them anymore so new story is refreshing. I have done so many matches on PVP and GSF...but its grows boring, you cant do that all the time. But I guess we can all go back and play KOTOR and see how it goes.
It won't go well when either group leaves. The majority however left close to launch because there wasn't anything engaging to do after the story.
Shouldn't that at least ring some kind of bell? This game does need group play just like it does story. We just can't always have both at the same time.
5minutesof story isn't enough and I'd like more too, but if EA isn't willing to provide the money, what are we supposed to do? apart from complain. At this point I take what I can get.

Story at least doesn't require people to continuesly sub, some of my friends take comfort in that. It's less money for BW, but that's just how it is. /Shrug.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Suzsi
10.04.2017 , 02:07 AM | #26
It won't go well when either group leaves. The majority however left close to launch because there wasn't anything engaging to do after the story.
Shouldn't that at least ring some kind of bell? This game does need group play just like it does story. We just can't always have both at the same time.
5minutesof story isn't enough and I'd like more too, but if EA isn't willing to provide the money, what are we supposed to do? apart from complain. At this point I take what I can get.

Story at least doesn't require people to continuesly sub, some of my friends take comfort in that. It's less money for BW, but that's just how it is. /Shrug.
Meh im a story player and stay subbed. Between content droughts I go redo all the class stories etc again but that doesn't mean I don't wanna see new stuff as well !

DieAlteHexe
10.04.2017 , 02:11 AM | #27
Meh im a story player and stay subbed. Between content droughts I go redo all the class stories etc again but that doesn't mean I don't wanna see new stuff as well !
Same here. Ideally, there would be content for all player "styles" added but if that's not feasible, then I can wait. Goal is to keep the game going.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 02:12 AM | #28
I'm the same way and I'm levelling my third Juggernaut! I love the Warrior story. But I'd love to see new content too.
Keith did say he wasn't going to comment on "next year's expansion"
I'm sure it comes with a plethora of story!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Same here. Ideally, there would be content for all player "styles" added but if that's not feasible, then I can wait. Goal is to keep the game going.
Indeed!
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Storm-Cutter
10.04.2017 , 02:18 AM | #29
The fact is there is no reason they can't do BOTH at the same time.
It would appear that BW don't have the budget, resources or staff to do a fraction of what people want. They dug a deep hole that they're trying to get out of.

If people's needs are neglected for too long they leave. Some return, many don't. - That means revenue is down. that means that less content is produced and the cycle repeats. It's a downward spiral.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Suzsi
10.04.2017 , 03:02 AM | #30
I'm the same way and I'm levelling my third Juggernaut! I love the Warrior story. But I'd love to see new content too.
Keith did say he wasn't going to comment on "next year's expansion"
I'm sure it comes with a plethora of story!!
That would be why I am still here -- not only do I love the game on the whole but, I also live in hope for whats around the corner.

Also Theron.