Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW Does not care about solo/story players?!?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW Does not care about solo/story players?!?!

psandak
10.03.2017 , 07:16 PM | #1
@IoNonSoEVero,

I saw your post in "call for patience" a thread about RP and server merges. and I just have a comment about a statement you made:

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Add to *this*: the fact that the roadmap is basically telling solo/story players that BW doesn't care about them, and all of this together makes for a lot of worry.
BW did nothing but story and solo play for two years, and now they are switching gears to group content and you complain about it?

Before you jump on me as a "hardcore player" who wants nothing but group content, that cannot be further from the truth. I love the story aspect of SWTOR, I love the ability to play solo when I want to. But I also want new and challenging group content.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

ThomasStarWars
10.03.2017 , 07:31 PM | #2
Totally agree. These solo players got spoiled way too much.

Jagaimee
10.03.2017 , 07:33 PM | #3
I am solely a story player - and for the love of Mike, it's about dang time the PVE/PVP/starfighter crowd gets some love! Us story players got two whole years' worth of story. It's more than okay to wait for a while to get more. Yeah, it might be frustrating to wait for story, but it's only fair that other players get what they want, as well.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Estelindis
10.03.2017 , 07:52 PM | #4
I feel it's hard for everyone at the moment. The game is not especially focused on any one area, but more balanced so that most people get at least some content. If this means that no one feels totally neglected, that's good. The flip side is that content feels like it's just trickling slowly for everyone.

From my point of view as a solo/story player who returned after a reasonably long hiatus (towards the end of KotFE), it feels absurd to read that people complained about monthly releases of story content. Sure, wouldn't we love monthly story releases now? I'm glad that players who got nothing for a long time are getting something now though.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Damask_Rose
10.03.2017 , 08:02 PM | #5
To keep things in perspective, raiders complained bitterly the entire time they were neglected. They did not suffer in silence. It shouldn't come as any surprise that story players will similarly complain while they are being similarly neglected.

kodrac
10.03.2017 , 08:20 PM | #6
Everyone's getting a little something, but you can't please everyone all the time so there's always going to be "that one guy".
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

schruby
10.03.2017 , 08:27 PM | #7
All those solo players should really really look up for what those two "m"s in MMORPG stand for...
"see ya in ranked buddy" -Some sh*tter from BC

Suzsi
10.03.2017 , 08:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
Totally agree. These solo players got spoiled way too much.

The fact is there is no reason they can't do BOTH at the same time.

If all group content also had a solo / story mode and included story that'd go a long way to including two of the larger groups that occupy this game. They've done it with flashpoints they could also do the same with uprisings and operations. With flashpoints the story mode versions just allowed story players to DO them and gain story along the way without any of the phat lewts or with only decor loots. More then enough to appease.

Currently 'story mode' in said content ( Ops and Uprisings ). A big majority of people who are solely here for the story are also soloers ( no not all but a big chunk of them ). All groups could be appeased at the same time with a little thought and due attention.

It's all fine for you all to say but you got story for 2 years, well now we have had a year with almost zero story so its swinging around and yep we are getting antsy same as non story players started getting antsy after a year of almost zero content. We all need to be understanding of each others play styles and find solutions for all where possible.

Quote:
All those solo players should really really look up for what those two "m"s in MMORPG stand for...

Comments like these do not help, at all. There are a vast number of reasons why people prefer to solo or only play with a friend or two -- often times these are related to mental illnesses outside of those peoples control. Should they be completely cut off from playing these amazing games just because they play it differently to some? There are a LOT of solo players in every "MMO" and they help to keep the game afloat and pay their fees just as everyone else does. No one is more entitled then another.

Add to that, SWTOR is an expansion of what WAS a single player RPG originally ( KOTOR ) so was always going to attract even more 'story solo players' into the mix.

HuaRya
10.03.2017 , 08:41 PM | #9
I'd say they cared too much over the years and made this game an RPG with group options. And for those who like to play just the story and then abandon the toon, 52 slots is over the top insane for one server.

denavin
10.03.2017 , 08:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by schruby View Post
We have...

Massively Multi-Player Online Roll Playing Game.....

Not

Massively Group-Player Online Roll Playing Game....

It means a Persistent game world where many players can play in the same world at the same time. It does NOT specify that the game play MUST be group......
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."