Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Theory on Theron Shan [Spoilers]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My Theory on Theron Shan [Spoilers]

gragnongoth
09.29.2017 , 05:12 PM | #11
I was thinking something similar.

Alterkai
10.02.2017 , 03:46 AM | #12
emmmm,
Spoiler
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

Swingkittie
10.03.2017 , 10:11 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alterkai View Post
emmmm,
Spoiler
Also,
Spoiler
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Dracofish
10.03.2017 , 02:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Also,
Spoiler
Spoiler
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Swingkittie
10.03.2017 , 09:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Spoiler
Why are you taking what I wrote word for word? I didn't have the exact dialog when I wrote my post, but because I wrote the word betray you have to correct the way I chose my words? You tell me then what does "claim the throne for their respective factions" mean if not a betrayal? Because "plotting the downfall" and "claiming the throne" are words describing a betrayer even if Valkorian didn't use the exact word betray.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Dracofish
10.03.2017 , 10:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Why are you taking what I wrote word for word? I didn't have the exact dialog when I wrote my post, but because I wrote the word betray you have to correct the way I chose my words? You tell me then what does "claim the throne for their respective factions" mean if not a betrayal? Because "plotting the downfall" and "claiming the throne" are words describing a betrayer even if Valkorian didn't use the exact word betray.
Wow, defensive much?

I'm just saying that he doesn't outright say "watch out, your advisers are going to betray you in the future." What he says, and how he says it, is more of a means to try and unbalance the Outlander, because he knows he's going to mind-pounce in just a few minutes. Like a psyche-out.

If it was actual and true foreshadowing to Umbara, I don't believe BioWare would have left it locked behind a "dead Arcann" gate when most people leave him alive. And if Arcann is alive, and he's with the Outlander, Valkorion fingers him and Senya instead as potential threats in the same exact conversation. So, again, I don't think it's true foreshadowing of the actual "betrayal" later.

Sorry if my opinion on the matter is an issue for you.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

pazzakey
10.04.2017 , 02:20 AM | #17
I don't know - could go either way.

Maybe he's seen in far too much and can sense it coming?
Harbinger - RIP

kukumburr
10.04.2017 , 07:42 AM | #18
"Claiming the throne for their respective factions" would mean Theron wanted to claim it for the Republic but after Iokath and Umbara that doesn't seem true at all. I think Valkorion was just trying to distance you from your allies. Especially since he comes up with an excuse to accuse Lana and Theron but also Arcann and Senya. If it was specific to Theron I'd think there was more to it but as it is I think Valkorion is just messing with you.

Ioue
10.04.2017 , 02:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
"Claiming the throne for their respective factions" would mean Theron wanted to claim it for the Republic but after Iokath and Umbara that doesn't seem true at all. I think Valkorion was just trying to distance you from your allies. Especially since he comes up with an excuse to accuse Lana and Theron but also Arcann and Senya. If it was specific to Theron I'd think there was more to it but as it is I think Valkorion is just messing with you.
I agree with that as well. Divide and conquer is one of the oldest yet the most effective trick in the book to defeating someone or something. Valkorion/Sith Emperor has lived looong enough to know how effective this is. Seeing as how he's an outstanding manipulator, it doesn't surprise me at all that he will throw all of his tricks to isolate and distance the PC from all of his/her allies during the key moment of gaining the throne.

Paulsutherland
10.05.2017 , 09:52 AM | #20
Maybe Valkorian jumped to Theron while he was distracting us with the 'mind battle' ?