Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for the ROADMAP 2017. <3<3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for the ROADMAP 2017. <3<3

TUXs
10.03.2017 , 09:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
The road map seems excellent.

* The server merge is happening sooner than I guessed it would

* Good job on another PvP map

* Good job on another GSF map which i thought would never happen

* Good job on another HM FP

* Good job on making unassembled components legacy

* Good job on any quality of life improvements I missed

Keep up the good work, maybe this game can recover some.
Agreed!!!

People need to keep in mind that everything in that roadmap is happening over the next few months, not a year. We're getting a PvP map (BADLY needed), a new GSF map (badly needed), server mergers (badly needed), a new FP (needed group content)...and a slew of other awesome and many times requested QoL improvements.

At first glance, it may seem light on PvE content (that was my initial reaction), but PvP and GSF have been terribly neglected over the past 2-3 years and they NEEDED this.

This is all coming SOON...not 6-9 months down the road, but actually SOON (no ).

I've gotta say...it impressed me.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sarnia
10.03.2017 , 09:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Agreed!!!

People need to keep in mind that everything in that roadmap is happening over the next few months, not a year. We're getting a PvP map (BADLY needed), a new GSF map (badly needed), server mergers (badly needed), a new FP (needed group content)...and a slew of other awesome and many times requested QoL improvements.

At first glance, it may seem light on PvE content (that was my initial reaction), but PvP and GSF have been terribly neglected over the past 2-3 years and they NEEDED this.

This is all coming SOON...not 6-9 months down the road, but actually SOON (no ).

Totally agree.

The overriding theme seems to be that they are laying ground works to begin truly re-building this game. Increased server populations, and some decent group content, will hopefully encourage more players to join. I was super cynical that Keith would be able to actually achieve anything in this game, we have after all been through all this before, but he has followed through with what he said he would do to such an extent that it is starting to slowly repair a whole lot of damage.

Exly
10.03.2017 , 09:55 AM | #23
Agreed!!!

When I compare what this studio did in patch 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, and others throughout this games history, I think that what we are getting in the coming 3 to 5 is still rather lite on content.

I know that this is probably the best that can be done with current staffing levels, but to take an entire year to deliver three operations bosses is not exactly something that I would be proud of if I worked for BiWare. I also still think that at this rate of production, the game will continue to bleed subs, and be worse off because of it.

TUXs
10.03.2017 , 11:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
When I compare what this studio did in patch 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, and others throughout this games history, I think that what we are getting in the coming 3 to 5 is still rather lite on content.
It is, but we had 10x's the players then, and this is still far better than anything we've had in the past 3-years imo.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarthDymond
10.03.2017 , 11:52 AM | #25
Agreed!!!

Completely agree in principle, with just one caveat: all of the actual gameplay content they announced is slated for Game Update 5.6 (Nov. 28) - the story continuation and companion return, the FP, the WZ, the GSF map, the third Op boss, plus a number of system updates to allow Legacy credits and change GC disintegration - and with all that currently jammed into one patch... well, I just won't be particularly shocked if a few of those items end up getting pushed out to early 2018.

(Though, to be fair, they did indicate there was already some "reshuffling" that I assume pushed some of that content from 5.5 into 5.6, so maybe they'll be able to hit their current mark without any additional delays.)
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Exly
10.03.2017 , 12:56 PM | #26
It is, but we had 10x's the players then, and this is still far better than anything we've had in the past 3-years imo.
Think about it. It makes sense that more people were willing to pay for a game with and active production team that was churning out content at the rate that they were back then.

Maybe the reason so few people still play the game is that the studio gave up on it and stopped producing content that people were willing to pay for.

Maybe if they produced more content, and made it the type of content that people were willing to pay for, then we would see an increase in the number of players, instead of the steady decrease in players that we have seen since they slowed production.

TUXs
10.03.2017 , 12:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Completely agree in principle, with just one caveat: all of the actual gameplay content they announced is slated for Game Update 5.6 (Nov. 28) - the story continuation and companion return, the FP, the WZ, the GSF map, the third Op boss, plus a number of system updates to allow Legacy credits and change GC disintegration - and with all that currently jammed into one patch... well, I just won't be particularly shocked if a few of those items end up getting pushed out to early 2018.

(Though, to be fair, they did indicate there was already some "reshuffling" that I assume pushed some of that content from 5.5 into 5.6, so maybe they'll be able to hit their current mark without any additional delays.)
I know, and that bothered me at first too, but between now and then we have a massive server overhaul happening. I know it doesn't add any new content, but mergers can certainly breath new life into a game that's struggling.

TUXs
10.03.2017 , 01:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Think about it. It makes sense that more people were willing to pay for a game with and active production team that was churning out content at the rate that they were back then.

Maybe the reason so few people still play the game is that the studio gave up on it and stopped producing content that people were willing to pay for.

Maybe if they produced more content, and made it the type of content that people were willing to pay for, then we would see an increase in the number of players, instead of the steady decrease in players that we have seen since they slowed production.
It would seem that Keith agrees. I think it's worth the gamble to him at least.

kodrac
10.03.2017 , 01:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarnia View Post
Totally agree.

The overriding theme seems to be that they are laying ground works to begin truly re-building this game. Increased server populations, and some decent group content, will hopefully encourage more players to join. I was super cynical that Keith would be able to actually achieve anything in this game, we have after all been through all this before, but he has followed through with what he said he would do to such an extent that it is starting to slowly repair a whole lot of damage.
For a minute I thought TUXs was quoting himself. You're gonna have to change your avatar. There can be only one yellow trooper on these forums.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

orangenee
10.03.2017 , 02:04 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
For a minute I thought TUXs was quoting himself. You're gonna have to change your avatar. There can be only one yellow trooper on these forums.
IKR? I still freak out when I see people using mine.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn