Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you going to combine the server forums, lock them or delete them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are you going to combine the server forums, lock them or delete them?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
10.03.2017 , 08:44 AM | #1
Hi, are you going to combine the server forums and their current threads or will you lock or delete them? My guild hosts a lot of server events and I tend to copy and paste my TRE forum post contents when we repeat events. I'm just wondering if I will still be able to do that or if I should start making text file backups of them all?

EricMusco
10.03.2017 , 08:54 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Hi, are you going to combine the server forums and their current threads or will you lock or delete them? My guild hosts a lot of server events and I tend to copy and paste my TRE forum post contents when we repeat events. I'm just wondering if I will still be able to do that or if I should start making text file backups of them all?
That is a good question. The plan is that I will archive the current forums (in a new sub-forum) so that people can see their old threads, but cannot post in them. Then I will make brand new forums for each of the servers.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

UlaVii
10.03.2017 , 09:05 AM | #3
Thanks

Exocor
10.03.2017 , 10:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
That is a good question. The plan is that I will archive the current forums (in a new sub-forum) so that people can see their old threads, but cannot post in them. Then I will make brand new forums for each of the servers.

-eric
That's going to be funny... for the German and the French Community, we will just have one Serverforum.... did you consider to just merge the "new serverforum" into General Discussion and make a subforum "Guild Recruitment"?
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Aluba
10.03.2017 , 11:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
That's going to be funny... for the German and the French Community, we will just have one Serverforum.... did you consider to just merge the "new serverforum" into General Discussion and make a subforum "Guild Recruitment"?
In Europe there will be an english server, a french one and a german one. So i see no problems for each community, because we will have 3 different server forums.

BanPearson
10.08.2017 , 02:44 PM | #6
That is a good question. The plan is that I will archive the current forums (in a new sub-forum) so that people can see their old threads, but cannot post in them.
Could you also bring back the old forums from before the first merge? I really miss reading the old threads with the old people from launch day.

UlaVii
11.09.2017 , 10:20 AM | #7
Any ETA on the new server forums? We have a server event scheduled for this Sunday...

MandFlurry
11.09.2017 , 10:24 AM | #8

-eric
Sounds good, thanx.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

UlaVii
11.09.2017 , 01:23 PM | #9
New server forums are live:

The server forums are now live. Here are the English links:
Satele Shan