Color Crystal Schematics

trek_addict

Now, I know you can't RE crystals any more, and these days you don't get schematics from the trainers any more either. So, is there ANY way for a sub such as myself to get the schematics for an Advanced Red Eviscerating Crystal anywhere? GTN is mighty empty in that regard.

It's not like that's a special colour or anything...

Just level the crew-skill Artifice up to 300 (?), and visit the crew-skill-trainer and buy the schematic.

Actually red is available as a grade 2 schematic artifice skill 81.

I do not recall ALL of the skill level breaks but...

grade 1 = blue

grade 2 = red

grade 3 = yellow

grade 4 = green

grade 5 = orange

• 2 weeks later...
I can also confirm that they also drop in Black hole from random mobs. I got a schematic for Critical +41 like 2 months ago while farming dailies. A pretty rare drop though it seems.

Yes, it is true that these schematics drop in older daily areas (Black Hole and Section X), but the chance of getting them to drop is so low that it is not practical to attempt to get them through these areas (i.e. seek them this way and you will be very disappointed). You got VERY lucky :D

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

and note, only some can be RE. very small list. and if you buy one of the GTN it has to be not crafted, and then you have to bind it to you, then remove, then try to RE it. and even then you may still not get the schematic. all in all, they really need to find a way to bring more schematics in a simpler way

Edited by CrazyScruffy

Yes, it is true that these schematics drop in older daily areas (Black Hole and Section X), but the chance of getting them to drop is so low that it is not practical to attempt to get them through these areas (i.e. seek them this way and you will be very disappointed). You got VERY lucky :D

I managed to get both endurance one and critical one in 2 runs in black hole over 2 days on the same toon during the "bug". Mostly want Hawkeye one though, never sees that on GTN either though. Does it exist as schemathic?

Edit: Stupid me didn't check the link provided in post above me :)

Edited by Swessy

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

and note, only some can be RE. very small list. and if you buy one of the GTN it has to be not crafted, and then you have to bind it to you, then remove, then try to RE it. and even then you may still not get the schematic. all in all, they really need to find a way to bring more schematics in a simpler way

Since 4.0 you can't any longer learn any colour crystals schematics by RE. No matter if crafted (the was a bug for a long time that allowed you to learn from crafted crystals if you had bound them to you first) nor those that drop from bosses, for example in Asation.

Those who learned the recipes before still have them, but no one starting to artifice these days is able to get those RE schematics any more.

Edited by Khaleijo