Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not the best time of being Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Red Eclipse
Not the best time of being Republic

JessieStar
09.07.2017 , 11:52 AM | #1
What happened to Republic side's player base? Game's players base in general is in decline, but at least for few last weeks so far on evenings there are about x1.5 more players on imp fleet than rep fleet? Rep side's fleet is silent and hardly anything going on, for any ops or other group acitivity imp side is a better bet, even in pvp matches imps are mostly fighting imps ;P.

Or maybe all servers have that much more imp side players?

Ashianti
09.08.2017 , 11:06 AM | #2
It might be the same.
I was thinking about transferring from The Progenitor, because there you can barely scrape together a team of 8 random reps for a full warzone nowdays, and even if we do the imp side is littered with premades.
Rep side win maybe 20% of the matches, and that's an optimistic number!

And don't even think about playing warzones before 16 or so in the afternoon, you won't get a pop. Maybe you can get one just before quest reset time because some try to finish last day's daily, but that's about it.

Is it as bad here?

orangenee
09.08.2017 , 05:44 PM | #3
I'm also on Progenitor and like the person above said it's largely dead. It's a heavy RP server as well but not even that goes on the Pub side. All about the Imps.

A good lot of Youtubers are on TRE and are also Imps mainly as well so that gets the fanboys and people hoping for a giveaway on that side too.

That and most Pub side class stories outside the JK are dull as a very dull thing too.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

MackPol
09.20.2017 , 07:34 AM | #4
Our Republic side on TRE has grown smaller but it is picking up. Many player quit the game in general so numbers decrease everywhere.
You can easily get pops for anything but solo ranked. Pvp is popping very fast and we have a good community. Some of us are decent and experienced. Win vast majority of games. There are less experienced too bitt we always try and spirits are usually good. Not many leavers or other scum
Fleet is quiter then Imps but Combat section often has a dance or emote session going on. More jokes and less politics talk then Imp fleet.

Only downside is limited solo pops.

merovejec
09.20.2017 , 08:14 AM | #5
Since the game is losing players the differences in the preffered faction are more and more evident. Its harder and harder to get stuff done on rep side, even GSF mostly pops just imps vs imps at times. Ranked on TRE is all about imps vs imps.

Its the players basically, they login to the side where they get "pops" so in the end they are all playing imp side.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

orangenee
09.28.2017 , 03:44 PM | #6
I'm actually considering TRE for my freshly rolled Trooper Vanguard, bottom line, is it worth the 90 CC?

As I mentioned Pub side is not happening on Progenitor. I've yet to see more than 40 on the fleet and Coruscant.

There is a large RP playerbase however so that adjusts the numbers, over 100 on DK for example on Imp side.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Tankeroo
09.29.2017 , 05:07 PM | #7
They just need to start merging servers to get population at a decent level tbh. After many years you will not be attracting new players so they need to give the players they do have a fun game to keep it going. I see many servers with a declining population but for some reason they seem to be scared of merging cause it would feel like the game is failing.