Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
09.29.2017 , 01:42 PM | #121 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

The final changes are done and we're prepping the Roadmap to be available in the afternoon on Monday, October 2, 2017 in English, French, and German.

I know with the last Roadmap, I gave you tidbits of information along the way, but I haven't this time as I really wanted you to experience the entire message. When you see it on Monday, it'll all make sense and I honestly can't wait to hear your feedback about what we have planned.

Have a great weekend.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SolarSaenz
09.29.2017 , 01:45 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hi all,

The final changes are done and we're prepping the Roadmap to be available in the afternoon on Monday, October 2, 2017 in English, French, and German.

I know with the last Roadmap, I gave you tidbits of information along the way, but I haven't this time as I really wanted you to experience the entire message. When you see it on Monday, it'll all make sense and I honestly can't wait to hear your feedback about what we have planned.

Have a great weekend.

---Keith
Thank you, Keith.
I have no doubt you are genuinely trying to improve the game. Have a great weekend!

Eshvara
09.29.2017 , 01:47 PM | #123
Thanks for the update and continuing to work on the roadmap! Have a good weekend. o7
#Arcannite
For The Empire

mmiracle
09.29.2017 , 01:50 PM | #124
Nice, now that is a reason to look forward to Monday.
Warm regards,

Matt Miracle

Saurat
09.29.2017 , 01:58 PM | #125
This had better be good.

Tsillah
09.29.2017 , 02:23 PM | #126
Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith
Well you did mention something about currencies. I'm really interested what's happening there.

All in all, I get the feeling that the roadmap that's coming is going to be a big deal.

As you no doubt know I have a lot of criticism but I also still want this game to succeed at the same time. I just really hope some important topics will be addressed and I think there's some big questions about the rest of the new operation and what's happening with regards to a next expansion.

I think I can state objectively that the game needs a boost and I hope that what you have planned really helps the game and us.

For better or for worse, you'll have my feedback. I do appreciate all the hard work that undoubtedly happens behind the scenes but I also hope that better choices are going to be made with regards to some of the more pressing issues that exist today.

A short lists of topics I am interested in:
Next expansion? Yes, no, when, what?
Are you finally going to address decoration issues for strongholds
Classes are being nerfed across the board. I'm ok with that, but what's the plan from there on out?
What have you learned from the unfortunate results for Ziost and Iokath dailies and uprisings?
What will happen with rewards in NiM? Will afk'ing in PvP still be the best way to get BiS gear for raiders?
What's the plan with GC? Is there yet another unsatisfying gear tier coming out?
What about basically abandoned game elements like GSF and Conquest?
What about our missing companions?
What about the main story and will it stay a single story line that really just doesn't fit all 8 classes?
What about the return to the Empire and Republic?

Ok, not a short list. You can see that as a sign that there's a lot on people's minds.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

omaan
09.29.2017 , 02:26 PM | #127
Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith
What sense of it Keith if devs are dont care about our feedback? We said make bolster 242, you said "yeah, yeah" but bolster havent been buffed to 242. We said give us legacy UC, you said "yeah, ofc" but u didn't make it legacy. We asked about listening to players's feedback and recommendations about the class balance ( for example, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=933054 ) - devs ignored everything and nerfed all to ground. Pvp players asked NOT TO BUFF ranked rewards so that it would not be full of those who just queues for UC and buff rewards for regs - you did right the opposite. Seriously, can you please just admit that you all FAILED?

SolarSaenz
09.29.2017 , 02:28 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well you did mention something about currencies. I'm really interested what's happening there.

All in all, I get the feeling that the roadmap that's coming is going to be a big deal.

As you no doubt know I have a lot of criticism but I also still want this game to succeed at the same time. I just really hope some important topics will be addressed and I think there's some big questions about the rest of the new operation and what's happening with regards to a next expansion.

I think I can state objectively that the game needs a boost and I hope that what you have planned really helps the game and us.

For better or for worse, you'll have my feedback. I do appreciate all the hard work that undoubtedly happens behind the scenes but I also hope that better choices are going to be made with regards to some of the more pressing issues that exist today.

A short lists of topics I am interested in:
Next expansion? Yes, no, when, what?
Are you finally going to address decoration issues for strongholds
Classes are being nerfed across the board. I'm ok with that, but what's the plan from there on out?
What have you learned from the unfortunate results for Ziost and Iokath dailies and uprisings?
What will happen with rewards in NiM? Will afk'ing in PvP still be the best way to get BiS gear for raiders?
What's the plan with GC? Is there yet another unsatisfying gear tier coming out?
What about basically abandoned game elements like GSF and Conquest?
What about our missing companions?
What about the main story and will it stay a single story line that really just doesn't fit all 8 classes?
What about the return to the Empire and Republic?

Ok, not a short list. You can see that as a sign that there's a lot on people's minds.
Ziost (daily area) is bad? Really? I thought it was a pretty good. I see it as a break from mob crowded places like Oricon where you could relax a little and do more "fetch this" instead of "kill that" type of quests.
To each their own though, I guess.

masterceil
09.29.2017 , 02:29 PM | #129
Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith
I hope by "it'll all make sense" you mean nerfing every fking class in the game and risking thousands of subs by doing that instead of, say bringing up the DPS baseline (improved TTK in PvP, which is what they really want) and buffing Ops bosses (keeping those challenges in place). You're bleeding subs with this bs - I only hope there's something truly epic in that Roadmap to stem the flow.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

DarthSpuds
09.29.2017 , 02:34 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Saurat View Post
This had better be good.
Oh it needs to be way better than just good, and it needs to be delivered, not just promised.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.