Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You're so vain....

olagatonjedi
09.28.2017 , 03:07 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Now I disagree with you and agree with Tux. I do want SM ops able to be completed by nearly anyone on level with a reasonable level of effort. By effort I mean basic understanding of the op ether because members of your team explain the fights or you all have read guides and such. Many ops are part of the game’s story and as a person who loves story and RP I want it accessible to everyone.

But for those who want a challenge I want that too. I never felt better then beating HM EC back when 50 was the cap for this first time. It got me really addicted to tough fights in SWTOR. And that experince is well worth the effort.
SM currently can be completed by people who dont know the mechanics, and that gives them no incentive to learn the mechanics either. That is a problem. Story mode IS, and should be completed by a raid full of bolstered 50's, the operative word being should - if knowing/obeying mechanics consistently, say at least 70% of the time (arbitrary number).

olagatonjedi
09.28.2017 , 03:09 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by SourOrange View Post
Story mode operations exist purely to give people of all skill levels a chance to experience the content. That is their purpose. They aren't supposed to be super challenging and only completable by the best players in the game. That's what the harder modes are for.

Given that this game is based almost entirely around story, the game can't afford to reserve these things for only the most skilled- allowing all players to access all story based content is essential to playing the game.
Is this opinion, or confirmed by devs? If by devs word, please reference it.

Ansultares
09.28.2017 , 03:22 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
...you probably think this nerf is about you, don't you.
But it is.

Well, maybe not about you.
Snare

Holanos
09.28.2017 , 03:28 PM | #44
Aoe for the soldier is the best example for a dump nerf.....10m?

You have to fo in spotting range for an aoe attack?

This is so dump....

Compare it with the range of other classes....